Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

Blog Entries

Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    Even Jesus did not always give a yes or no ... and no I am not claiming to be like the second coming ... ...

There is always two sides of a coin ...

Do Christians want to be seen supporting Trump no matter what he does? Is that a "good witness" ...

Would it have been better for Christians not to be put is such a "condition" ...

Thing is ...

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We also know ...

Luke 12

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

54 And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.

55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass.

56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

58 When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and the officer cast thee into prison.

59 I tell thee, thou shalt not depart thence, till thou hast paid the very last mite
    Please don't post Scripture, this is a Bible Forum (!!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    The President said this today on Twitter:

Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God. But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! (Twitter source)

Does anyone have a problem with this? Or is this another thing to add to the list of overlooking what the President says?
    Deeply and profoundly troubling....
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
    ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
    ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Agreed. The prophetic/Biblical titles people give him are obviously misplaced, as he's essentially a canvas for their political-religious agendas. He accepts them because of his need to be liked or praised or flattered. This is another similar case, but here is troublesome because it's no longer likening him to men like Cyrus, but titles of Jesus. I was curious if this was a unique circumstance that bothered others since it does not pertain to policy or a silly scandal.
    I'm used to flawed statements, whether by Trump or by Christian friends of mine. We're a flawed world. I'm not going to rob the guy of his dignity by claiming "he wants to be liked," and therefore says things like this. I think he simply wants to be known as a strong presidential supporter of Israel, and calculates that politically to his advantage. I don't think he's one bit inferior to King Cyrus.

I think the things that Trump has accomplished today is as "biblical" as what Cyrus did, even if it isn't mentioned in the Bible. Restoring Jerusalem is something Trump has been helping Israel with by putting our embassy there, and that is very significant in terms of Bible Prophecy.

I don't in the least think Trump has a Messiah-Complex! He looked up at the sky, using that name, to indicate he was not serious about the connotation of the "Chosen One," but accepted that designation only superficially. But thanks for your congenial way of allowing me to differ with others on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    I think both parties are corrupt and overall neither has America's long term interest at heart, I put my faith in God, and I definitely don't have any faith in our president.
    If you have faith in God, have faith that God can use Trump as president.

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    No that and I am not "sort of like Trump" ... and from all your posts I don't think you do feel similarly as I do as expressed in my post. And well seems like you don't give a lot the same "benefit" you give Trump ...

I do speak my mind ... not to defend myself ... but to make what I am saying clear ... MAYBE ... maybe ... MAYBE ... Trump as President of the USA ought to make himself clear ... cuz gee whiz ... I really or you really don't get him the opportunity to ask him questions ... which I do remember most Presidents actually going to places where people could ... he actually opened his reelecton campaign right after being elected ... why ... maybe so all his public appearances could be under strict control???

Oh yea ... just in case since you are rather new here ... I currently live in Belgium ... for 20 years ... 4O years before that I lived in USA ... just in case you are wondering from another post on this board ...
    Thanks for telling me where you live. A close friend of mine is from Holland. Regardless, I give you as much benefit as you give yourself. If you seem like you have an "attitude" towards Trump, I will say so. I don't hate you for it. I just feel that you should know an "attitude" skews your judgment.

I don't believe you understand Trump at all. You go into an episode like this prejudging him, and searching for bits to use against him. Try giving him the benefit of the doubt, and you may see things another way.

For me, I saw where he said he was the "Chosen One," and looked up to the sky. You in your prejudgment see it as signifying some kind of exalted claim. I, on the other hand, without bias against him, see it as his way of disposing of the negative connotations of the "Chosen One," and accepting the responsibility from God for defending Israel.

It's like saying, "I'm so good," and then rolling my eyes. It means I think I'm right, but really know I'm not that good.

Blog Entries

Remains to be seen how badly things will get before many will wake up to the perilous truth of this president. But at the rate things are going, it will be long before the next election.

Blog Entries

In reference to the OP - Just in case anyone wants to see the context Snopes did a pretty good write up on it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...g-king-israel/

The "chosen one" comment was obviously tongue in cheek/sarcasm.

I admit that Trump posts or says something stupid or confusing just about every day. He's still been a better president than either Bush Jr or Obama were by a long shot and I look at the upcoming alternatives so far and, God help me, unless someone incredible enters the race on a Republican ticket
    Trump will get my vote again.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    In reference to the OP - Just in case anyone wants to see the context Snopes did a pretty good write up on it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...g-king-israel/

The "chosen one" comment was obviously tongue in cheek/sarcasm.

I admit that Trump posts or says something stupid or confusing just about every day. He's still been a better president than either Bush Jr or Obama were by a long shot and I look at the upcoming alternatives so far and, God help me, unless someone incredible enters the race on a Republican ticket
    Trump will get my vote again.
    I agree. 1) The obvious conspiracy, by the Democrat Party, along with the Media, against the President, utilizing the agencies of government, is dangerous, and for that reason alone I could *not* vote Democrat. 2) The Trump Presidency, as ungraceful as it is, is exactly what I voted for--not more "politically misleading statements," but rather, the brutal truth, without regard for feelings or the establishment. His approach towards our economic interests and our political philosophy is so much truer than the current Democratic leanings. And it's actually been working, notwithstanding the present trade war problems.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    2) The Trump Presidency, as ungraceful as it is, is exactly what I voted for--not more "politically misleading statements," but rather, the brutal truth, without regard for feelings or the establishment. His approach towards our economic interests and our political philosophy is so much truer than the current Democratic leanings. And it's actually been working, notwithstanding the present trade war problems.

I don’t find Donald Trump to be brutally honest, and I find justification in this position in the frequent need of supporters to consistently “translate” for him. Whether you believe he is a liar or not he has a presentation method that particularly lends itself to multiple “reads”. Someone here once insisted to me that I read 1984 in order to understand the misleading methods of the left that had in their opinion pulled the wool over my eyes. I believe in that book it was called doublespeak, although as described I think this is only one of his rhetorical tools. He can look to the sky and talk of being the “chosen one” in such a way as to be able to claim it was a joke. He can retweet the “nice words” of someone who makes comparisons to the king of Israel or the messiah, leaving room to say “well I didn’t say it”. It is frustrating, it is designed to be, and I see this hailed by supporters as a feature “Ha! they can’t pin him down!”. It seems to me that brutal honesty and intentional ambiguity or rhetorical evasiveness are not compatible. In a related manner I cannot see how one can value brutal honestly and be willing to not be brutally honest and vocal about what the problem is with accepting this compliment for the sake of not wanting to even appear to share any sort of common ground with “anti-trumpets”...much less as a mechanism to not alienate someone who does not have a “whole-heart” for Christ. Perhaps it is a lack of imagination on my part, but I cannot imagine how anything less than clear repudiation and correction is supposed to convert half hearts into whole ones. Is this not the rationale for so called brutally honest speech about homosexuality or abortion, that the loving Christian thing to do is to correct no matter that it might be repellant to the blind or half hearted? It’s one thing to say “this is the closest thing we’ve got” but it is another thing to claim that it is even motivated by brutal honesty or a desire to bring hearts to Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    2) The Trump Presidency, as ungraceful as it is, is exactly what I voted for--not more "politically misleading statements," but rather, the brutal truth, without regard for feelings or the establishment. His approach towards our economic interests and our political philosophy is so much truer than the current Democratic leanings. And it's actually been working, notwithstanding the present trade war problems.

I don’t find Donald Trump to be brutally honest, and I find justification in this position in the frequent need of supporters to consistently “translate” for him. Whether you believe he is a liar or not he has a presentation method that particularly lends itself to multiple “reads”. Someone here once insisted to me that I read 1984 in order to understand the misleading methods of the left that had in their opinion pulled the wool over my eyes. I believe in that book it was called doublespeak, although as described I think this is only one of his rhetorical tools. He can look to the sky and talk of being the “chosen one” in such a way as to be able to claim it was a joke. He can retweet the “nice words” of someone who makes comparisons to the king of Israel or the messiah, leaving room to say “well I didn’t say it”. It is frustrating, it is designed to be, and I see this hailed by supporters as a feature “Ha! they can’t pin him down!”. It seems to me that brutal honesty and intentional ambiguity or rhetorical evasiveness are not compatible. In a related manner I cannot see how one can value brutal honestly and be willing to not be brutally honest and vocal about what the problem is with accepting this compliment for the sake of not wanting to even appear to share any sort of common ground with “anti-trumpets”...much less as a mechanism to not alienate someone who does not have a “whole-heart” for Christ. Perhaps it is a lack of imagination on my part, but I cannot imagine how anything less than clear repudiation and correction is supposed to convert half hearts into whole ones. Is this not the rationale for so called brutally honest speech about homosexuality or abortion, that the loving Christian thing to do is to correct no matter that it might be repellant to the blind or half hearted? It’s one thing to say “this is the closest thing we’ve got” but it is another thing to claim that it is even motivated by brutal honesty or a desire to bring hearts to Christ.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Blog Entries

Oh! Turns out the President was just joking.
    Nevermind.

Blog Entries

The left has no humor or joy.

None.

None.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post

None.

None.

Keck the last thing you exemplify to me is someone who is bursting with humor and joy. I think we are all generally lacking humor and joy because it seems that we believe that a single inch ceded to the other side is death and destruction to all we hold dear. Look, I happen to think conservatives historically aren’t humorless, but have had a much narrower sense of humor, and that makes sense as tradition is important to conservatives and humor is almost always transgressive of expectations and frequently transgresses traditions. Anyway I think we could all stand to get some perspective on how absurd our behavior as a nation has become, and there are not many of us who are innocent of contributing to it.

Trump’s response to the quote was to retweet it with thanks. I definitely see room for a Christian or really anyone to take issue with that and find it neither joyous or humorous. There is room for erstwhile joyous & humorous people to find this disturbing. I hope that at some point you begin to evaluate these behaviors on their own merits and not as it applies to how liberals feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post

None.

None.

Keck the last thing you exemplify to me is someone who is bursting with humor and joy. I think we are all generally lacking humor and joy because it seems that we believe that a single inch ceded to the other side is death and destruction to all we hold dear. Look, I happen to think conservatives historically aren’t humorless, but have had a much narrower sense of humor, and that makes sense as tradition is important to conservatives and humor is almost always transgressive of expectations and frequently transgresses traditions. Anyway I think we could all stand to get some perspective on how absurd our behavior as a nation has become, and there are not many of us who are innocent of contributing to it.

Trump’s response to the quote was to retweet it with thanks. I definitely see room for a Christian or really anyone to take issue with that and find it neither joyous or humorous. There is room for erstwhile joyous & humorous people to find this disturbing. I hope that at some point you begin to evaluate these behaviors on their own merits and not as it applies to how liberals feel about it.
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    I think Trump has been honest about what he did, and he said he was being sarcastic. What more do you want? Are you then going to doubt him, and proceed to question his motives? That plays into the hands of those who've spent the last 2-3 years engaging in a private campaign against him, to delegitimize his presidency and put Democrats back into power.

So let me just say, if someone questions your sincerity, how are you going to answer? It is one thing if someone sincerely wants to know what you mean, and asks. In that case, a solid answer is the responsible thing to do. But in the case where those asking the questions are obviously setting you up, why would you play their game?

That's all I see in reporters' questions, is an attempt to play into the hands of those who want to delegitimize his presidency. I have no problem with questioning the wisdom of his policies, or even judging his character to a limited degree. But if half the country voted him into office, the questions should not go full bore into attacking him! And that's what I'm seeing.

Even his supposed friends and allies sometimes are tempted to jump onto the bandwagon. "I know Trump is an idiot, but I will vote for him because his policies are good for America." That's what some of his friends say! But why even say that? It doesn't need to be said!

We all are flawed. And so is any president. Let's focus on his policies, and not character-assassinate him. Show some respect for the half of the country that not only voted for him, but still believes in him.

Quote Originally Posted by IMINXTC View Post
    Oh! Turns out the President was just joking.
    Nevermind.
    It's not a joke to impute false motives to others. That's a form of slander. As Christians, we shouldn't be doing it. We should be especially careful in dealing with our elected leaders. If you think it's okay to encourage others to pile on the president, you're in danger of being judged yourself.

Blog Entries

Wrong. Reckless statements by a persistently slanderous leader of the free world cannot be subsequently simpky waved away as mere humor, whether it involves Israel or the world's most populous nation and trading partner.

Thread Information