Thread: European Intervention Initiative

European Intervention Initiative

I'm surprised I have not previously heard of this 10 nation military arm on this site.
    To me, this is another EU type of thing that will eventually have more than 10 members.
    Although there are 10 toes or crowns, it does not have 2 feet, that is a western and a middle eastern block of nations.
    I don't see this as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy, but I wonder...

Has speculation about such things ended?

Re: European Intervention Initiative

The other beasts involved Israel/Middle East. I think we have advanced our understanding nowadays, that is the reason there is less focus on the EU. A beast with 10 horns can't be Euro-centric but must involve the Middle East in some manner, so the EU view cannot be correct.

In Rev 17:18, the woman is Rome, being the city which ruled over the kings of the land. So it's not the beast which is Europa it is the woman who is Europa. The Roman Empire being mainly Europe-based at the time Revelation was written. The purple and scarlet robes and golden cups can be easily seen in both ancient Rome and the modern Vatican.

At the end, the beast and the ten horns hate her, indicating that the beast has a new non-Europe base at the end. The Middle East hates Europe, and will bring her to ruin.

Re: European Intervention Initiative

Quote Originally Posted by 6paths View Post
    I'm surprised I have not previously heard of this 10 nation military arm on this site.
    To me, this is another EU type of thing that will eventually have more than 10 members.
    Although there are 10 toes or crowns, it does not have 2 feet, that is a western and a middle eastern block of nations.
    I don't see this as a fulfillment of Bible prophecy, but I wonder...

Has speculation about such things ended?
    Well have you used the word "speculation". Speculation is defined as;

"the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence."

Most of us on this forum try to assemble evidence for a belief. What evidence at all is there that the EU is involved? In each scripture concerning the ten kings, nothing of the EU is said. Note the grammar of Revelation 17:12, "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."

1. Theses kings must be men for they are contrasted with "kingdoms"
    2. These kings only receive power at the same time as the Beast. The EU has had its power since the Treaty of Rome in 1957

Surely, based on this evidence, the EU is out of the picture?

Thread Information