Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grace through faith

Grace through faith

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
    **Ephesians‬ *2:8-10‬ *KJV‬‬

An Example the New Testament gives of one being saved through faith .

"....Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make thee an ark of gopher wood; ( gives detailed instructions for preparing the ark...

he warns Noah and then God makes a promise for Hope ahead.....a covenant promise of what God will do in the future...

And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

( gives him more instructions all about supplies and animals , Things they need )

Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.”
    **Genesis‬ *6:8, 11-14, 17-18, 22‬ *KJV‬‬

Can you see the faith of Noah in Gods word ? we understand this reveals faith because of the New Testament which uses it as a teaching example of faith .

“By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:7‬ *KJV‬‬

God decided to flood the earth , had grace towards Noah and his household also , so he told Noah what he was going to do ....then he instructed Noah how to be saved , then he gave Noah hope for a future for mankind in the covenant, then he instructed him about the things they needed for thier supply on the ark and then ....Noah believed he couldn't until God said it he believed what God said ....and so then ....by faith did what God said to him.

Noah did this by faith , because and only because he had believed Gods word , of things he couldn't prove were true , but God said it to him and Noah had faith in God . Had Noah said " I believe your going to flood the earth , but I'm not willing to build an ark .....that's not faith and Noah would not have been heir to the righteousness of faith .

If we believe jesus testimony like Noah believed Gods testimony we shall be saved without fail . But see we don't just believe God exists ...that's not living faith , it's a seed meant to produce a fruit....or "work" that leads one to salvation if we follow where the he leads....consider Noah

“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”
    **James‬ *2:17-24, 26‬ *KJV‬‬

remember Abraham lived before the law of Moses ....think of Noah had he not done what God said , he would also have drown....

so let's see what james talking about in scripture in the example of Abraham and isaac... this is well after the original promises to Abraham in chapter 12 and really all through his journeys God made promises to,him before this , that through Isaac would Abrahams seed be blessed. .....but consider what James has taught in his epistle about faith , when he offered Isaac....

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did test Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.”
    **Genesis‬ *22:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

God has given Abraham a commandment. Abraham has faith , he doesn't understand it , but he moves like Noah did because Gods word has spoken and he has faith so ...

" By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:17-19‬ *KJV

here's the event where he offers Isaac by faith , and in a figure receives him raise up from certain death...Abraham obeys God...

".....And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

....And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”
    **Genesis‬ *22:4, 6-12, 15-18‬ *KJV‬‬

And he was called a friend of God...

“But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.”
    **Isaiah‬ *41:8‬ *KJV‬‬

Do you see ? How faith impressed God when Abraham obeyed ? That he is thought a friend of almighty God? And how the blessing came from this true faith ? Faith is to believe Gods word truly , to " heed " the word of God because you know it is certain to come to pass. But it will be done exactly the way he has said it will be , not how we wish it to be. faith comes from his word of the matter. "Let there be light. " ...Spoke forth God in his perfect faith , and light began to shine "

in the end this is the salvation faith we need within us , to believe this one truth ...

....Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
    **Ecclesiastes‬ *12:10-11, 14‬ *KJV‬‬

and in Christ this is the true love of God that surpasses the law of sin and death....and is our victory in faith

“By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
    **1 John‬ *5:2-4‬ *KJV‬‬

and so this is the true purpose of Gods grace for salvation which Paul preached ...

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.”
    **Titus‬ *2:11-15‬ *KJV‬‬

Faith is salvation ....seek what Gods word says faith is . To believe right is salvation because it will change the mind and heart where the problems lie...God bless you in the abundance of Gods love and peace ....your brother in Christ jesus....

Re: Grace through faith

See the principle of,faith ? God says what to do , then he says what will happen or what he will do , then faith is when the believer acts in belief ...always Gods word, accepted as certain , begats faith ...and the result ....God said it ....( faith ) ...and it was so...

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:

They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.”
    **Exodus‬ *10:21-23‬ *KJV‬‬

word of faith ....

“For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off....But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.”
    **Deuteronomy‬ *30:11, 14‬ *KJV‬

note what Paul's really saying...

“But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
    **Romans‬ *10:8-14, 17‬ *KJV‬‬

but see here is why we need the gospel first "lord " means " commander " " sovereign ruler" the authority over the person who makes the true confession "Jesus is lord." It has to be real and then see here is what our lord said ....

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?”
    **Luke‬ *6:46‬ *KJV‬‬

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
    **Matthew‬ *7:21-27‬ *KJV‬‬

faith built upon sand will not endure forever , faith built upon the rock of his words will endure....

see something Paul says like that quote from Romans has to be taken in light of the gospel. If not then we build in our minds a doctrine that contradicts things the lord of Paul and you ...said was the words of God for eternal life through faith .

Jesus stressed his authority in the gospel .and us receiving and believing and doing the Things he taught were for eternal life . and they are not the burden some think when you seek and find him within the scriptures .... Paul isn't contradicting it , he's giving a summary Paul had faith in Jesus ,he followed after Jesus hoping someday to be like Jesus , he was a servant of Jesus Christ , a witness of the gospel like all the apostles ....

but Paul's correct . If Jesus is your lord ...you surely will be saved but that means you are obligated to come into obedience , knowing its for your repentance and salvation. You don't have to be perfect , but you need to acknowledge your sins , and the truth of repentance and that you have a lord , he paid the price for your soul , and also has given the eternal commandments of God meant for eternal life , and sent them to all nations, all people who will receive and believe them ....

through Israels rejection of the gospel which began to be preached by Jesus , then the apostles and disciples in the early church , then Paul , then on and on those who Paul converted , Peter converted , John converted , like converted ect...those being born of the true promise of the gospel because Israel would not receive him ....whoever then will in the earth receives the promise the eternal children of God .

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
    **John‬ *1:10-13‬ *KJV‬‬

we need only receive his word , The truth of his death and resurrection and hold fast to,it all ....in his words there are both instruction and also all of the eternal promises he made to those again who refuse to reject his glory. Who will accept the lord word in faith ...there is in his words faith , assurance , comfort , mercy, forgiveness, instruction, rebuke , more faith , power, spirit , truth ...life

So then faith an example in the gospel of the greatest faith

“And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.”
    **Matthew‬ *8:5-13‬ *KJV‬‬

do you see the power of faith in Gods word ? The faith that made Jesus Christ marvel? The centurion was not an Israelite, a centurion was the leader of a company of Roman soldiers , and Israelites were not allowed this position , because Rome feared greatly a rebellion against them from the Jews.

Jesus commends this gentile for his faith saying he hasn't found such great faith in Israel. Then he makes reference to the Gentiles fore coming entry into the kingdom , rejected by Israel because they most , had not faith in the messiah. The centurion understands " Jesus is the lord of all , when he speaks forth , it is absolute ."

the centurion understood the power of the creators word , to create just what he says.

"And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. "

...And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.”

That's faith . It's based on the power of God , to surely bring his word to pass as he spoke it forth , it is infallibly true regardless of mans ideas. Regardless of what science said is impossible ....when God speaks , it then IS. so then what Jesus taught of salvation has the exact same principle and power to manifest as he has spoken it forth , we need to believe the word of God for what it is.

this is what Adam did not do , he rather believed Gods word wasn't true , and chose the lie thus his lack of faith brought death to mankind. But we're taught by Jesus that we are saved the same way we were lost through faith. Adam brought doubt in Gods word, so later in Christ , God sent the truth of his word to the world for salvation...if we can learn what Adam forgot...this faith that comes from the things God said , rather than anyone else's explaination. Simply because Gods word is like him, it's truth, it's reality.

the centurion didn't look at the power of the disease on his servant , he looked at the truth of the power of Gods word to do all things. So he simply bids Jesus to say it...and knows it will be done. Faith is that simple, believe what God said through Jesus Christ and there is nothing that can get to you in this world to take you from him . For he that is in you ( gods word) is greater than he that is in the world.

but ... What if the centurion had listened to the Pharisees about Jesus ? What if he didn't hear the words of God ? Would his faith have moved him to be memorialized as a man of great faith ? ....how could he have believed unless he heard that Jesus words were those of our creator ? And that belief in him was salvation and belief in him is still salvation , his word is still the infallible truth of salvation....the gospel which requires faith in the word ....

This same concept repeats itself again and again this concept of faith in Gods word from beginning

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
    **Hebrews‬ *11:3‬ *KJV‬‬

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
    **Genesis‬ *1:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

Then in Christ we understand

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.”
    **John‬ *1:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

And so ...faith in Gods Word comes into a believers heart through hearing the gospel ...

“And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

( note Gods word , being fulfilled spoken through the prophets... revealing the power that was from the beginning in his words coming through Jesus Christ ...and this illustration consider deeply.

And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.

And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!”
    **Matthew‬ *8:2-3, 16-17, 24-27‬ *KJV‬‬

can you see it ?

faith cometh by hearing , and hearing cometh by the word of God "

in other words Gods word is the seed of faith , if you will hear it and accept it , it will bear fruit ...again in Gods time like a seed , it's planted and accepted in the good soil , the good soil accepts and understands it , and the word itself the seed grows as God waters and tends it ....but it must abide in the soil and the soil must accept its growth and allow for the roots .

then the seed simply Grows as God has designed it to grow within our hearts ....and the fruit cometh forth from the tree , the tree came from the seed and root accepted by the soil in the beginning ....had the soil rejected the seeds value and ability to eventually produce fruit , the tree would never have existed and the fruit could never be born on its branches .

faith needs to be based on what God said , believing what God said through Christ is salvation . And learning from the apostles which are preaching the same gospel , being witnesses of the gospel and not the creators. As the prophets beforehand had preached the gospel , and not created it but spoke forth what God declared , knowing the death and life power of Gods word. It's ultimate law over all things

Why is it important we believe the things God has said through Christ ? Because see mankind in the beginning

“And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil....

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

...And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
    **Genesis‬ *2:9, 16-17, 25‬ *KJV‬‬

man is free to eat of the tree of life by Gods command " you are free to eat of any tree in the garden ....but God warns him like he did Noah about the flood , ...."of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil thou shalt not eat. When you do, you will surely die.

this is the truth of the matter , if Adam and Eve believe this they will live unashamed in Eden in fellowship with God , having dominion over all the earth as was the covenant he made with them. All is well in Eden Gods plan for mankind is now set in motion , mankind has been made rulers over all the eart and all Therin. This is the covenant he made with them in chapter one freely he made this covenant , it's of grace.

all is well ...and then comes words that are not of God

“Now the serpent was more subtil than any ... And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The woman then believes the lie, contrary to,Gods truth . She has taken faith in the wrong word about the matter ....she accepted that Gods word was not the one that was true . And acted in that faith built upon a lie.

...And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

see man operates by faith either way , what matters is what you believe. She believed the serpent , and then he listened to her and ate also , both ate by the lie. This is the result....not because God wills this , but because he had already earned them beforehand , and they had dominion.

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:1, 4-10‬ *KJV‬‬

so then we understand it was the deception where this all began , so then man has cursed himself through believing the first false doctrine . Remember he didn't force her to,eat , he created a reason not to believe what God said of the fruit. Gave her another word to believe. Note God gets to the bottom of the issue and distributes each party , thier curse and blame , the serpent, the woman and the man , who was in dominion with the woman before this and they cursed man and the earth together...

“And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

And the Lord God said unto the serpent, ... I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:13-17, 19‬ *KJV‬‬

Do you see how none of this was Gods will for mankind ? But his will was stated here plainly for mankind...

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion ..... over all the earth, and over every ...thing .... upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion .... over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. ...
    **Genesis‬ *1:26-29, 31‬ *KJV‬‬

see Gods will is for man to be like him , to rule the earth in his will and ways , in goodness and truth. To be blessed , fruitful and multiply making children to fill his new creation in the beginning.....but then came the knowledge of evil in the form of a lie. Man was not meant for the knowledge of good and evil , again Gods will was that man freely eat of the tree of life and every tree in Eden ,,,,but then he also expressed his will that man not eat the fruit of good and evil and thus die.

but mankind followed the serpents will through deception...so then man suffered the will of the one he believed and followed...

“And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
    **Genesis‬ *3:22-24‬ *KJV‬‬

do you see how faith in the wrong things caused the reason man needs redemption? See how mans dominion and then lack of faith caused the curse of death and rejection from the tree of life in Eden ? This then regarding " salvation " from that curse in Eden upon all men , the children of Adam and Eve the cursed...is a promise in Christ

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.”
    **Revelation‬ *2:7‬ *KJV‬‬

remember that mankind was created in Gods presence , and we by sin hid away and withdrew from our first estate and were then ejected and forbidden from eating of the tree of life and living forever in paradise....redemption....reconciliation ...lost by faith in the wrong word , saved by faith in Gods word....but see the importance of this warning now in the church?

Paul...

“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
    **2 Timothy‬ *4:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

The enemy has only one weapon against man ...to pull our faith away from what God has said , he is clever and subtle but it is always his only offense , to offer things opposite and in disagreement with what Jesus Christ our Lord forever , has said will never change just like he did in the beginning , just like he did in Israel through false prophets and just like the apostles forewarned the church was coming and this warning is around 1900 years old..

Peter...

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”
    **2 Peter‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

this is the reason we need the gospel of the kingdom he preached , if we believe Jesus the way, truth and life , no one can ever lie to us....and faith will save rather than condemn because it's in a lie rather than Gods Word of truth faith is freely available in the gospel seek it out

If your are referencing faith as in faith in Jesus Christ, then maybe I am just misunderstanding your many words and references offered here ?

Because I see that faith
    is our vehicle, our catalyst to humility, faith is not our currency to obtain grace.
    Humility demonstrated to God is our currency to receive God's grace(no other way found in our bibles).
    A quick practical lesson teaching this is found in a very very short story beginning in Luk 18:10<---link

God has also said in many other various places in OT & NT that He gives grace to the humble(not related to faith).
    That along with the mentioned short story beginning in Luke 18:10 tells me that we cannot generate grace through our faith, nor through Christ's faith on our behalf.
    Nor can we generate grace by our humility demonstrated to our fellow man.
    It is given to us by God, but only when we humble ourselves to Him, exclusively.

After grace is given to us by our humility demonstrated to God, then we can demonstrate
    meekness to our fellow man through that grace given to us.

Many of us confuse meekness with humility, and may be why we associate grace coming from our faith, but it is not so:
    ....meekness toward our fellow man comes from the grace that God gives us when we demonstrate humility toward Him.
    ....and humility toward our God is how to obtain the grace which enables use to be meek toward our fellow man.

It is a beautiful cycle, and why we need to be refilled with His Spirit more often than we suppose.

We aren't saved by grace Skout faith though ....I honestly don't recognize anything you are saying from any scripture ...it sounds like a passage from a glorious grace book .

faith is to believe what God has said , and do what he said because you believe in him ....simple . Yes , humility is necessary for God to lift you up ....couldn't agree more on that point ....I'm not sure ough what you are getting at does being humble mean we don't need to do what God said ? Or does having grace mean , we don't need to be saved how he said ??? I honestly don't follow is post ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    If your are referencing faith as in faith in Jesus Christ, then maybe I am just misunderstanding your many words and references offered here ?

Because I see that faith
    is our vehicle, our catalyst to humility, faith is not our currency to obtain grace.
    Humility demonstrated to God is our currency to receive God's grace(no other way found in our bibles).
    A quick practical lesson teaching this is found in a very very short story beginning in Luk 18:10<---link

God has also said in many other various places in OT & NT that He gives grace to the humble(not related to faith).
    That along with the mentioned short story beginning in Luke 18:10 tells me that we cannot generate grace through our faith, nor through Christ's faith on our behalf.
    It is given to us by God, but only when we humble ourselves to Him, exclusively.

After grace is given to us by our humility demonstrated to God, then we can demonstrate
    meekness to our fellow man through that grace given to us.

Many of us confuse meekness with humility, and may be why we associate grace coming from our faith, but it is not so:
    ....meekness toward our fellow man comes from the grace that God gives us when we demonstrate humility toward Him.
    ....and humility toward our God is how to obtain the grace which enables use to be meek toward our fellow man.

It is a beautiful cycle, and why we need to be refilled with His Spirit more often than we suppose.

are you saying faith in Christ is somehow different from then believing what he said is salvation? Like we just believe Jesus exists ? Demons know that too ....

Faith does not save us. Grace does! Rather, faith gives us good things and makes us please God.

Faith precedes the grace of God. Whosoever believes God receives grace that is in His name. Because faith precedes grace, a believer (receiver of grace) is deemed/seen to have already obtained the faith of God. And, because righteousness is the work element in faith, the believer is automatically credited with righteousness.

Not every faithful person is a believer. Only a person who has been elevated to receive the grace of God is seen as a believer. God raises a faithful person (who is also humble) into being a believer by supplying him/her with grace.

Faith is the material representation of the grace of God that we cannot see. Also, it is the material representation of the glory we hope for.

Think of faith as an egg. An egg promises the chicken when hatched. It is the material representation of the chicken we do not see.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

"Folowwer1977..but Paul's correct . If Jesus is your lord ...you surely will be saved but that means you are obligated to come into obedience , knowing its for your repentance and salvation. You don't have to be perfect , but you need to acknowledge your sins , and the truth of repentance and that you have a lord , he paid the price for your soul , and also has given the eternal commandments of God meant for eternal life , and sent them to all nations, all people who will receive and believe them ...."

The new covenant is God writing HIs laws into our heart, placing HIs fear into us, you do not come to these things, they are written into us through Christ..

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
    Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Need to be as God says to be, which is..

Hebrews 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

Need to aknowledge and forsake the sins..

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
    1 Peter 4:Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
    2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

"Glorious.. Faith does not save us. Grace does! Rather, faith gives us good things and makes us please God.

Faith precedes the grace of God. Whosoever believes God receives grace that is in His name. Because faith precedes grace, a believer (receiver of grace) is deemed/seen to have already obtained the faith of God. And, because righteousness is the work element in faith, the believer is automatically credited with righteousness.

Not every faithful person is a believer. Only a person who has been elevated to receive the grace of God is seen as a believer. God raises a faithful person (who is also humble) into being a believer by supplying him/her with grace."

Our faith saves us. Grace works through faith which saves us, all of it is the gift of God, including the faith, we have nothing ourselves, we are justified by faith(saved) we receive the promise of the Spirit(saved) through faith, faith works by love, and the grace of our Lord is abundant with faith and love,(all included together as one) we are able to be wise to this salvation grace through faith which is in Christ Jesus..

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

There are/where no faithful people, not one., not one seeketh after God(no faith).

Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
    13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
    14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
    15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
    16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
    17 And the way of peace have they not known:
    18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    are you saying faith in Christ is somehow different from then believing what he said is salvation? Like we just believe Jesus exists ? Demons know that too ....
    What I am saying is what I have said, not what you say I have said.

RE:

Because I see that faith is our vehicle, our catalyst to humility, faith is not our currency to obtain grace.

After grace is given to us by our humility demonstrated to God, then we can demonstrate meekness to our fellow man through that grace given to us.

All we have we have been given, we have no faith of our own, nobody seeks the Father, as nobody had faith on earth was proven, all the world became guilty before God. Faith is given to us by God, or we have none, and what is given is all gracefully from Christ..

1 Corinthians 13:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Faith does not save us. Grace does! Rather, faith gives us good things and makes us please God.

Not every faithful person is a believer. Only a person who has been elevated to receive the grace of God is seen as a believer. God raises a faithful person (who is also humble) into being a believer by supplying him/her with grace.

Faith is the material representation of the grace of God that we cannot see. Also, it is the material representation of the glory we hope for.

Think of faith as an egg. An egg promises the chicken when hatched. It is the material representation of the chicken we do not see.
    the grace of God saves , through faith ....faith without works is dead .

one cannot be saved unless they first have faith my friend . Had Noah who had been given grace Genesis 6:8...had he not believed what Gid told him after he by grace decided to tell him .....Noah then would have perished with all the others who chose the flood through sin...

that's the issue with the glorious grace books , it is different from the grace Paul taught , it's just labeled from a few single scriptures , and called salvation ....grace is God sending his son to die for our sins , and give us the knowledge of eternal life ......like Noah , we have found grace in Gids sight , so he has warned us about eternal damnation upon this world and all in it , and offered us eternal life in a perfect world for those who will believe the gospel of Jesus Christ grace and truth .

grace is defined in scripture not by Webster ....and it's understood in the context Paul wrote in his letters ....so then the " if we do this " that is throughout Paul's epistles , belongs , rather than using the word grace to say " everything else Paul wrote doesn't apply ...all the stuff he writes about if you continue on in the works of the flesh ( sin) which he gives detailed lists of things ....will not inherit Gods kingdom .....we are only saved because God has been gracious and sent his son to save those who will believe .....those who will believe must believe the one God sent , who continually says " hear my word , keep my teachings , learn from me , God sent me , my words will never change or be inferior , my words are spirit and life ...why do you call me lord and do not do what I say ? ...ect

we have to have faith , or we have no hope .....grace and faith work together . The first thing though is to believe God exists , and that he is a rewarded of those who diligently seek him.....that's what following Jesus doctrine teaches one to do seek God sincerely ....

there's only one way , at least for someone who believes what Jesus the lord of heaven and earth said , he is the way , he spoke forth the path for a believer to follow and be saved....salvation is when he is our lord , we still fall short , but our hearts are set on learning from and following the teachings , the doctrine of Jesus Christ ....because grace , is. It just something Gid gave to you , it's something he commands you to give to those who wrong you ......

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    All we have we have been given, we have no faith of our own, nobody seeks the Father, as nobody had faith on earth was proven, all the world became guilty before God. Faith is given to us by God, or we have none, and what is given is all gracefully from Christ..

1 Corinthians 13:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
    9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

we're given faith through the word of God ....because we believe what he said , that's where faith comes from, that's how he gives it through his word , we receive it because we believe him .....

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
    **Romans‬ *10:17‬ *KJV‬‬

Remember Jesus kept repeating things exactly like this as he preached the everlasting gospel

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
    **John‬ *5:22-24‬ *KJV‬‬

That is salvation, that is real faith to hear his preaching .......it's the only way to the father but Hebrews explains ....we can't believe anything of this unless we believe that God exists , and that he rewards those who diligently seek him......we seek him in the gospel , in Christ , abiding in his word, his doctrine ....therein is faith and eternal life , grace is what sent him with salvation

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    What I am saying is what I have said, not what you say I have said.

RE:

Because I see that faith is our vehicle, our catalyst to humility, faith is not our currency to obtain grace.

After grace is given to us by our humility demonstrated to God, then we can demonstrate meekness to our fellow man through that grace given to us.

what do you think though of the actual gospel ? That Jesus preached ? And that Jesus explained believe these things , follow these things , come to me and learn and I will give you everlasting life ??? Reject my words and you will be condemned and judged by those words ??? Then said go preach the same things I taught you ...to all people whoever believes and is baptized shall be saved .....whoever believes not shall be damned ?

simply , are you saying there's a different way to be saved ...than what Jesus Christ said is the way to be saved ?

if so , I would reconsider...

Thread Information