Thread: Prayer for a ministry

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Prayer for a ministry

Prayer for a ministry
    Some on this message board know that both myself and my wife lead a Biblical Recovery Ministry. Over the last several months, the Lord has prompted us and called us to a new church, supplied us ample confirmation and in our obedience, given us wisdom and strength to deal with all opposition attempting to impede this moving forward. And in honesty, any doubts we had... all gone.

Some of our testimony during this time is posted in these two threads:

A post in the Dream forum: https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...m-on-20-feb-19

A post I testified of our transition to the new church: https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...05#post3516305

More recently I have continued to remind my wife that as God wants this recovery ministry to startup, we should not petition the leadership of the church concerning rushing into any startup. That God will prompt them, move them to approach us when it is the right timing. A couple weeks ago we were approached by the leadership and since that moment, have handed over all our material that the Lord has inspired for all the teaching lessons. So the leaders could evaluate and make a proper decision in whether or not to allow the ministry to be centered at the church and offered to the sheep they are responsible for.

We will be starting on 15 Oct 19, a couple weeks prior both of us will be afforded time during a Sunday service to present the ministry to the entire church, give our own testimony and inform the church Body of what the ministry offers in healing/overcoming through Jesus Christ.

Based on people coming forward and checking in with us, asking us if it is true we are going to run the ministry in the church... word is out already

Please keep this all in prayer. The enemy has made attempts to thwart/hinder us. I know nothing can STOP God's will but the main effort for this support in prayer... is for those who need help. Pray for them, that they will not be distracted, that shame or fear will not stop them from attending. I ask for prayer to prevent gossip as those honest in their problems during group sessions, these problems NEVER leave that room upon the lips of others broadcasting outside the ministry. Yes, we do have any who attend sign confidentiality forms but flesh is weak and we've had to deal with gossip over the years.

Pray for mighty healing as we've witnessed many healed of what had them in bondage and they became overcomes as they first learned what it means to walk in the Spirit of God and to actually execute this walking in their life and grow deeper in relationship with Jesus Christ.

God bless you all!
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Re: Prayer for a ministry

Just now caught this and yes, praying that the Lord will establish this recovery ministry.

Asking also that provisional needs be met as believers are strengthened in their walks and enjoy the freedoms that are rightfully theirs in Christ.

Just now caught this and yes, praying that the Lord will establish this recovery ministry.

Asking also that provisional needs be met as believers are strengthened in their walks and enjoy the freedoms that are rightfully theirs in Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Prayer for a ministry
    Some on this message board know that both myself and my wife lead a Biblical Recovery Ministry. Over the last several months, the Lord has prompted us and called us to a new church, supplied us ample confirmation and in our obedience, given us wisdom and strength to deal with all opposition attempting to impede this moving forward. And in honesty, any doubts we had... all gone.

Some of our testimony during this time is posted in these two threads:

A post in the Dream forum: https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...m-on-20-feb-19

A post I testified of our transition to the new church: https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...05#post3516305

More recently I have continued to remind my wife that as God wants this recovery ministry to startup, we should not petition the leadership of the church concerning rushing into any startup. That God will prompt them, move them to approach us when it is the right timing. A couple weeks ago we were approached by the leadership and since that moment, have handed over all our material that the Lord has inspired for all the teaching lessons. So the leaders could evaluate and make a proper decision in whether or not to allow the ministry to be centered at the church and offered to the sheep they are responsible for.

We will be starting on 15 Oct 19, a couple weeks prior both of us will be afforded time during a Sunday service to present the ministry to the entire church, give our own testimony and inform the church Body of what the ministry offers in healing/overcoming through Jesus Christ.

Based on people coming forward and checking in with us, asking us if it is true we are going to run the ministry in the church... word is out already

Please keep this all in prayer. The enemy has made attempts to thwart/hinder us. I know nothing can STOP God's will but the main effort for this support in prayer... is for those who need help. Pray for them, that they will not be distracted, that shame or fear will not stop them from attending. I ask for prayer to prevent gossip as those honest in their problems during group sessions, these problems NEVER leave that room upon the lips of others broadcasting outside the ministry. Yes, we do have any who attend sign confidentiality forms but flesh is weak and we've had to deal with gossip over the years.

Pray for mighty healing as we've witnessed many healed of what had them in bondage and they became overcomes as they first learned what it means to walk in the Spirit of God and to actually execute this walking in their life and grow deeper in relationship with Jesus Christ.

God bless you all!
    I think Recovery Ministries are great. I've attended them--not for my own recovery, and I found them a wonderful opportunity to deal directly with the concerns people have with their own spiritual lives. May the Lord bless you in that work.... And may there be lots of fruit. And I pray for your courage, confidence, and strength to meet every need with wisdom and grace. Amen.

Praying for you Ken! What a wonderful ministry you are involved in but a difficult one too. May God have His way in all areas of the ministry.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Thread Information