Thread: ETC Section: Guidelines

ETC Section: Guidelines

No date setting for the Second Coming and/or the Rapture.
    Only God the Father knows when this is.
    MT 24:36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

NOTE "Date setting" refers to a specific date, not the season.
    Example:
    "next week", "on on December 21, or specifically in 2012" is considered date setting.
    "I believe it will happen soon", "during my lifetime" is not considered date setting.

We do not allow speculation as to whether a specific, real person is the Anti-Christ or related eschatological figurees/figurines. This applies mainly to living people....but could be extended.......

The teaching of 'Full Preterism' is not allowed to be advanced in ETC.

(also called Hyper-Preterism, and Hymenean-Preterism).

Similarly, this is the view that all prophecy was concluded by 70 AD, and that the 2nd Coming occurred in 70 AD, and all 'end time events' were fulfilled by 70 AD.

Current Events and Breaking News
    Those of you who post on "Breaking News, End Time events in News, Middle East, Terrorism, wars and rumors of wars...", make sure that you throw in a quick comment somewhere giving context to the manner in which your contribution is End Times related. This will help remove ambiguity regarding the location of your post and serve discussion as well!

We do not allow advancing, linking to websites (linking in general is fine but not for this purpose), cross-posting, or any form of proselytizing for Modern-Day Prophets and/or their predictions (Divine Revelation, Bible Codes, etc).

Also, please be charitable to people, whether living or dead; who are not members of this forum; and who are not present to be involved in the discussion. Going into 'witch-hunts' against Mr. Fred Bozo because he is a famous teacher of the demon-clown doctrine, should be avoided. Referencing other 3rd-party people is necessary at times, but taking out assault rifles and going after them Chuck-Norris and Rambo-Style should be avoided. Discuss with one another, and give those absent from our membership a break froim undue criticism and attack.
    Last edited by David Taylor; Apr 30th 2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: 4/30/2009 Added clarification on predictions to include either divine revelation or bible codes
    Time's up

Blog Entries

Posting links-please read

We have added/changed some rules to posting links in post, this is the refresher course:
    --If you post a link to another site, be it a video, article... whatever: Give a description of what it is that they will see. Just posting a link with a message such as "hey, check this out." will result in your post or thread being deleted.

You guys already know these I just left them for your reading pleasure:
    --No links soliciting to members other Christian message boards in posts, signatures, profiles or PM's, rep system, etc.
    --No linking to sites promoting the sales of products

Blog Entries

Translation for Afrikaans members

Geen datum bepaling vir die Wederkoms en/of Wegraping nie.

Maar van diť dag en diť uur weet niemand nie, ook die engele van die hemele nie, maar net my Vader alleen.
    Matthew 24:36

NEEM KENNIS "Datum bepaling" verwys na spesifieke datums, nie seisoene nie.
    Voorbeeld:
    "Volgende week", "op 14 Julie" is datum bepaling.
    "Ek glo dit gaan binnekort gebeur", "gedurende my leeftyd" is nie datum bepaling nie.

Ons laat nie spekulasie toe oor of 'n spesifieke, regte persoon die Anti-Chris is nie, ook nie verwante eskatologiese figure nie. Hierdie geld hoofsaaklik vir lewende persone...maar kan uitgebrei word......

Bevordering van "Volle Preterisme" leerstellings word nie toegelaat in ETC nie.

(ook bekend as Hiper-Preterisme en Hymeneun-Preterisme)

Opsommend, dit is die beskouing dat alle profesieŽ beeindig is teen 70AD en dat die Wederkoms plaasgevind het in 70AD en alle "eind tye gebeure" vervul was teen 70AD.

Huidige Gebeure en Aktuele Nuus

Diegene wat plasings maak aangaande "Aktuele Nuus, Eind Tye Gebeure in die Nuus, Midde Ooste, Terrorisme, oorloŽ en sprake van oorloŽ...", maak seker dat jy 'n vinnige opmerking gee Írens om konteks te gee tot die manier wat jou bydrae verwant is aan Eind Tye. Dit sal help om onduidelikheid aangaande jou plasing en die lokasie daarvan te verwyder, sowel as om gesprek te bevorder!

Ons laat nie die bevordering, skakel na webtuistes of kruis plasings aangaande enige Moderne Profete en/of hul voorspellings toe nie.

Wees ook bedag teenoor persone (lewend of dood); wat nie lede is van die forum nie; en wat nie teenwoordig is om deel te neem aan die gesprek nie. Om op 'n "hekse jag" the gaan teen Mnr. Fred Bozo oordat hy 'n bekende leermeester is van die "demon-clown" doktrine, moet ook vermy word. Verwysing na derde party persone is soms nodig, maar om jou aanval wapen uit te haal en agter hulle aan te gaan Chuck-Norris en Rambo-Styl moet vermy word. Bespreek met mekaar en gee diegene wat nie deel is van ons lede nie, 'n breek van ongegronde kritiek en aanvalle.

Neem ook kennis dat hierdie reŽls slegs vertaal is sodat Afrikaanse deelnemers die reŽls beter kan verstaan, plasing mag steeds in die forum slegs in Engels gemaak word.

Please note that these rules were only translated in order for the Afrikaans members to understand them better, posts may still only be made in English in this form.

Blog Entries

To those who are "churchless"

I'm directing this message to those of you who for whatever reason are wandering in the desert churchless. That is, without a fellowship of like minded believers that you are accountable to and receiving from God's wise counsel.

I've been around long enough to know the resaons you may not be in a church today. From, " don't like the color of the bathroom tiles" to "I believe they are wrong and I am right".

BUT right now, I want to specifically directly speak to those of you who want to use this medium, the www, as your soap box. In particular this forum. If you are here and you are not in a church environment that places you under spiritual authority and your goal is to "enlighten" us or "teach" us new revelations then I kindly ask you to go and find yourself a new place to propagate your false teaching. You have no authority here if you are not "under authority" already and "accountable" in a real-time situation

I hope this is clear. You are being watched and you will be shown the "way".

Thank You
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE ADMINISTRATORS.

Everyone, please see this Sticky in Announcements:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...00#post2930700
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Thread Information