Thread: Have you ever noticed these three ?

Have you ever noticed these three ?

After Abraham receives the promise of Isaac and the eternal covenant ....notice Abrahams reverence...and consider the term " let us make man in our image....our likeness ...the man has become as one of us ...and these three are one ...

And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.

And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son.

...Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.

And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord.

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?

And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.”
    **Genesis‬ *18:1-23, 33‬ *KJV‬‬

“And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

...lot invited the two men into his house the city gathers in violence and perversion around lot....then

....But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door. And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place: For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.”
    **Genesis‬ *19:1, 5, 10-13‬ *KJV‬‬

Just some thoughts for consideration if you enjoy study .

the he word was with Gid in the beginning , the father , the word who is the son, and the Holy Ghost ....these three are one....

God bless you

Re: Have you ever noticed these three ?

Genesis 18 is filled with surprises, thanks for bringing this up. The Hebrew word which is translated "Lord" in this chapter is actually YHVH (Yahwey or Jehovah depending on your pronunciation). Abraham was apparently talking directly to God! Or it may have been a manifestation of the Son of God.

Quote Originally Posted by pdun459 View Post
    Genesis 18 is filled with surprises, thanks for bringing this up. The Hebrew word which is translated "Lord" in this chapter is actually YHVH (Yahwey or Jehovah depending on your pronunciation). Abraham was apparently talking directly to God! Or it may have been a manifestation of the Son of God.
    Yes, it was the preincarnate Son that appeared to Abraham along with to angels.

IN HIM,
    maverick

Abraham questioned God, of His judgement on Sodom. God replies, if there are righteous there, He would spare the city...

Genesis 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
    24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
    25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
    26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

Yes it tells us two angels, who ate from Lot also..

Genesis 19:19 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
    2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
    3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

In Ezekiel this time judgement for Jerusalem and Israel. Six men with destroying weapons. Ezekiel intervenes similarly to Abraham, and the Lord answers..The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head....

Ezekiel 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
    3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
    4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
    5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
    6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
    7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
    8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
    9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.
    10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

Ezekiel 9:11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
    John 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

One difference is the man clothed in linen, the writers inkhorn in His hand,( writing the word as He is the Word) to set a mark on all the men who sigh and cry for all the abominations that are done.

This reveals the way of Christ, in gentleness and how the ones who hate evil and who have that sorrow of the Lord escape this worlds evil..

The man clothed in linen continued..

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Revelation 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
    7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Mark 15:46 And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.

John 19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

The Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and he that overcomes shall be clothed in white raiment, and all are councelled to have of Christ gold tried in the fire, and white raiment that they may be clothed, as His armies are clothed in fine linen, white and clean..

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Remembering then, the sighs and cries for all the abominations, the gentleness of the man clothed in linen, all shows us the way..

Psalm 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
    22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
    23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
    24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
    25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
    26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
    10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Psalm 69:26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
    27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
    28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
    29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

Quote Originally Posted by pdun459 View Post

yes I just found it interesting given the nature of three being one in the New Testament. ....the other day I was reading in acts thinking of the two witnesses of course the transfiguration includes Moses and Elijah ....but then there are the two depressed in white who are in the tomb after resurrection witnessing ofmjesus ...then when he's taken up into heaven there are two men dressed in white telling them he will return the same way he left....

it just catches the thought I suppose , we see here three figures representing God , on the mount of transfiguration there are three , and like when God stays with Abraham and then goes his way , the two others go carry out what God said he would do going down to sodom ....and when Jesus is seen alive on the mount there are three ....but when he is crucified there are two remaining , and when he goes his way up into heaven ,,,,two remain on earth witnessing of his return .....

anyways God bless and keep you in the things of our Lord Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    Abraham questioned God, of His judgement on Sodom. God replies, if there are righteous there, He would spare the city...

Genesis 18:23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
    24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
    25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
    26 And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

Yes it tells us two angels, who ate from Lot also..

Genesis 19:19 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
    2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
    3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

In Ezekiel this time judgement for Jerusalem and Israel. Six men with destroying weapons. Ezekiel intervenes similarly to Abraham, and the Lord answers..The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not. And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head....

Ezekiel 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
    3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
    4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
    5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
    6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
    7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
    8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?
    9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.
    10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

Ezekiel 9:11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.
    John 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

One difference is the man clothed in linen, the writers inkhorn in His hand,( writing the word as He is the Word) to set a mark on all the men who sigh and cry for all the abominations that are done.

This reveals the way of Christ, in gentleness and how the ones who hate evil and who have that sorrow of the Lord escape this worlds evil..

The man clothed in linen continued..

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Revelation 10:5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
    7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Mark 15:46 And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.

John 19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.

Revelation 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

The Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and he that overcomes shall be clothed in white raiment, and all are councelled to have of Christ gold tried in the fire, and white raiment that they may be clothed, as His armies are clothed in fine linen, white and clean..

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Remembering then, the sighs and cries for all the abominations, the gentleness of the man clothed in linen, all shows us the way..

Psalm 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Luke 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
    22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
    23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
    24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
    25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
    26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
    10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Psalm 69:26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
    27 Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness.
    28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
    29 But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.

God bless ....consider the linens down to the foot to be the garments of the high priest of God , who orders the lamps in the inner room of the temple ....it's how they are taught in the law of Moses the linen garments Jesus appears in them in revelation ordering the lamps before the throne ........

brother , I like some of the thoughts in your comment there , look at the temple commands in exodus and Leviticus ....you then are able to see the temple in heaven when you look at revelation . You will see the high priest , the lampstand , the inner room , the ark of the covenant , the mercy seat , the table of shewbread, the sanctuary, the holy of Holies .....in the temple in heaven .....just a thought that will add to your thoughts in that good post you laid out thanks and God bless you in abundance

Quote Originally Posted by Follower1977 View Post
    yes I just found it interesting given the nature of three being one in the New Testament. ....the other day I was reading in acts thinking of the two witnesses of course the transfiguration includes Moses and Elijah ....but then there are the two depressed in white who are in the tomb after resurrection witnessing ofmjesus ...then when he's taken up into heaven there are two men dressed in white telling them he will return the same way he left....

it just catches the thought I suppose , we see here three figures representing God , on the mount of transfiguration there are three , and like when God stays with Abraham and then goes his way , the two others go carry out what God said he would do going down to sodom ....and when Jesus is seen alive on the mount there are three ....but when he is crucified there are two remaining , and when he goes his way up into heaven ,,,,two remain on earth witnessing of his return .....

anyways God bless and keep you in the things of our Lord Jesus Christ
    I guess what I mean is , I believe the three men who spoke to Abraham , are the lord and his two witnesses....

“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”
    **Revelation‬ *11:3-4‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.”
    **Zechariah‬ *4:11, 13-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with him.
    **Matthew‬ *17:2-3‬ *KJV‬‬

“And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him. And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.”
    **John‬ *20:12-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
    **Acts‬ *1:9-11‬ *KJV‬‬

we know Jesus is the lord , there always seems two witnesses represented by Elijah the king of the PROPHETS....and Moses who wrote THE LAW. which both witness ofmjesus Christ.....

"God bless ....consider the linens down to the foot to be the garments of the high priest of God , who orders the lamps in the inner room of the temple ....it's how they are taught in the law of Moses the linen garments Jesus appears in them in revelation ordering the lamps before the throne ........

brother , I like some of the thoughts in your comment there , look at the temple commands in exodus and Leviticus ....you then are able to see the temple in heaven when you look at revelation . You will see the high priest , the lampstand , the inner room , the ark of the covenant , the mercy seat , the table of shewbread, the sanctuary, the holy of Holies .....in the temple in heaven"

Yes consider the priests, the high priest, they were rejected, they despised the Lord, man cant honour the Lord, only when God places HIs honour in man. Then He raises the faithful priest, Christ and we be priests with him..

1 Samuel 3:30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
    31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.

1 Samuel 3:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Yes I have thoughts for all the shewbread and the temple, but not thoughts people normally follow. They were forbidden by the Lord when they had a blemish to offer the bread of God..

Leviticus 21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

Leviticus 21:21 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

This shows you how man cannot find his way to the Lord to understand or know HIm, as the Lord said it purposefully as Christ was the most marred man on earth who offered Himself the bread of life, as the shewbread you mentioned(you seem to live by that bread) brings death to all who ate even bread from heaven, but Christ is the living bread, but people prefer the old way, they do not learn this new way of the Spirit..

Luke 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.
    Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
    Luke 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
    49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
    50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
    51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

"I guess what I mean is , I believe the three men who spoke to Abraham , are the lord and his two witnesses....

we know Jesus is the lord , there always seems two witnesses represented by Elijah the king of the PROPHETS....and Moses who wrote THE LAW. which both witness ofmjesus Christ....."

That is your belief, now mine.

You say Elijah and Moses..

Jesus says the Son and the Father..

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
    18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
    19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

For you it is the testimony of men. For Christ, He receives not testimony from John who came in the spirit and power of Elias..Elisha/Elijahs power he received

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
    32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
    33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
    34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
    35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
    36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
    37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
    38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Luke 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
    17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

2 Kings 2:15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

For you it is Moses as the faithful one for a witness, for God it is our High Priest Jesus Christ, so hear this testimony/witness, Christ over His own house..

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
    2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
    3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
    4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
    5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for A TESTIMONY of those THINGS WHICH WERE TO BE SPOKE AFTER;
    6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

All this means, people cannot teach truly about Christ, but that wont stop them, but the warning has been given to all.

"God bless ....consider the linens down to the foot to be the garments of the high priest of God , who orders the lamps in the inner room of the temple ....it's how they are taught in the law of Moses the linen garments Jesus appears in them in revelation ordering the lamps before the throne ........

brother , I like some of the thoughts in your comment there , look at the temple commands in exodus and Leviticus ....you then are able to see the temple in heaven when you look at revelation . You will see the high priest , the lampstand , the inner room , the ark of the covenant , the mercy seat , the table of shewbread, the sanctuary, the holy of Holies .....in the temple in heaven"

Yes consider the priests, the high priest, they were rejected, they despised the Lord, man cant honour the Lord, only when God places HIs honour in man. Then He raises the faithful priest, Christ and we be priests with him..

1 Samuel 3:30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
    31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.

1 Samuel 3:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Yes I have thoughts for all the shewbread and the temple, but not thoughts people normally follow. They were forbidden by the Lord when they had a blemish to offer the bread of God..

Leviticus 21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God.

Leviticus 21:21 No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God.

This shows you how man cannot find his way to the Lord to understand or know HIm, as the Lord said it purposefully as Christ was the most marred man on earth who offered Himself the bread of life, as the shewbread you mentioned(you seem to live by that bread) brings death to all who ate even bread from heaven, but Christ is the living bread, but people prefer the old way, they do not learn this new way of the Spirit..

Luke 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.
    Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
    Luke 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
    49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
    50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
    51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

we can know God bro , it's why he sent Jesus , it's why we receive the Holy Spirit through Christ and the gospel .....

under the Old Testament men were looking through the veil of flesh and sin being held to account by the governing law . It's symbolized in the temple curtain covering the entrance to the holy of Holies ....this is very significant in understanding the two covenants..the first is as if we're looking into the nature and will of God through that dark curtain , seeing a figure or shadow

“And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.”
    **Hebrews‬ *9:3, 8-9, 11-12‬ *KJV‬‬

when Jesus was crucified the veil of the temple was torn asunder , signifying that the way to Gods presence is now open , we can now see God in truth ,me see Jesus Christ who is the exact image of God this is what I'm saying about Jesus words

“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”
    **Hebrews‬ *1:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

To know God is to accept Jesus Christ as scripture oresents him in the gospel it's why he came to show us the truth of God ...he's not wanting to kill us for our sins ....but is wanting to call us to repentance and forgive our sins and spare us from the curse of the law ....

“And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
    **Deuteronomy‬ *21:22‬ *KJV‬‬

“But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:”
    **Galatians‬ *3:11-13‬ *KJV‬‬

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.”
    **1 Peter‬ *2:24-25‬ *KJV‬‬

Jesus is all of it , the sacrifice , the high priest , the temple , and the one on the mercy seat ....he literally is the word of God for mans salvation all the rest is pointing tomjesus

"I guess what I mean is , I believe the three men who spoke to Abraham , are the lord and his two witnesses....

we know Jesus is the lord , there always seems two witnesses represented by Elijah the king of the PROPHETS....and Moses who wrote THE LAW. which both witness ofmjesus Christ....."

That is your belief, now mine.

You say Elijah and Moses..

Jesus says the Son and the Father..

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
    18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
    19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

For you it is the testimony of men. For Christ, He receives not testimony from John who came in the spirit and power of Elias..Elisha/Elijahs power he received

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
    32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
    33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
    34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
    35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
    36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
    37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
    38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Luke 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
    17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

2 Kings 2:15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

For you it is Moses as the faithful one for a witness, for God it is our High Priest Jesus Christ, so hear this testimony/witness, Christ over His own house..

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
    2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
    3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
    4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
    5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for A TESTIMONY of those THINGS WHICH WERE TO BE SPOKE AFTER;
    6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

All this means, people cannot teach truly about Christ, but that wont stop them, but the warning has been given to all.

Yes I'm thinking not much can stop a false teacher ......

"under the Old Testament men were looking through the veil of flesh and sin being held to account by the governing law . It's symbolized in the temple curtain covering the entrance to the holy of Holies ....this is very significant in understanding the two covenants..the first is as if we're looking into the nature and will of God through that dark curtain , seeing a figure or shadow "

The old testament had a middle wall of partition, between Israel and the Gentiles. That is done away in Christ, and all is fulfilled hence why the old is vanished waxed away. We now have access by ONE Spirit into the Father, no more strangers without hope, s the Jew now has circumcision of the heart, all the ways of that first covenant are gone and taken over entirely, as faith came to those of the faithful steps of Abraham which he had being yet uncircumcised, and we are the circumcision who worship God in the Spirit nothing in the flesh and rejoice only in Christ Jesus..

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
    12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
    15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
    16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
    17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
    18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
    19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

"To know God is to accept Jesus Christ as scripture oresents him in the gospel it's why he came to show us the truth of God ...he's not wanting to kill us for our sins ....but is wanting to call us to repentance and forgive our sins and spare us from the curse of the law ...."

To know God is to not do evilmmn i evil, cant know God..

Repentence has to be given by God, you wont listen will you mister teacher..

3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him AT HIS WILL.

I really enjoy the Word's (Pre-incarnated Christ), words of His First Coming:
    "16) Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning: from the time that it was, there Am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.
    17) Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
    Isaiah 48:16-17
    IMO a truly wonderful passage of the Godhead/Trinity in the Old Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by 1023EJS View Post
    I really enjoy the Word's (Pre-incarnated Christ), words of His First Coming:
    "16) Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning: from the time that it was, there Am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me.
    17) Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I Am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.
    Isaiah 48:16-17
    IMO a truly wonderful passage of the Godhead/Trinity in the Old Testament.

yes thanks for that , and then looking from the other end of the spectrum after Christ was revealed

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”
    **1 Timothy‬ *3:16‬ *KJV‬‬

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”

**1 John‬ *5:6-13, 20‬ *KJV‬‬

Thread Information