Thread: great is the mystery of godliness

great is the mystery of godliness

I thought I would share this, as it seemed to be revealed just now.

The intention of man(whether he is aware of it or not) through the wicked one, is to turn the right of the grace of God, the truth of God and turn it into a lie..Romans 1:25. Jude 1:4. The intention is to make men imagine we can get ourselves to believe in the truth of the Lord, and not that all things are done by Him, nothing done by ourselves, and how the Lord also makes all things for himself, even wicked for the day of evil and destruction..

Proverbs 16:4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

The parable is a mystery of the Kingdom of Heaven, it is the Lords mystery, beyond knowing or being believed..

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

They also need to be revealed, as God hid them from all wise and prudent.

Eye cannot see, understanding does not and has never entered into the heart of any man, God reveals them to us by His Spirit, the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God..

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes....Daniel 10:1

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Man then thinks, that us men, can humble ourselves, and God accepts us. Like they say, do the sinner prayer and Christ will accept us. But they have no revelations to share, and when the true light shines, they have none left. John 1:9. 1 John 2:8

The parable is like all parables, it is the Kingdom of Heaven and it's righteousness. The way is not in man, not in man that walks to direct his steps. The way is only in Jesus Christ, He alone is that humbling, He alone is the way for the Lord to exalt us. The parable is not about a man somehow managing to humble his own self..

Jeremiah 10:23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Seeing as this is a mystery, God, whose focus is going to be right when they say man is an example and man can decide if he accepts salvation or reject it ?

Here is that mystery then, Christ left Heaven to be found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death, the death of the cross, therefore God highly exalted Him, giving Him a name above every name, so that every man will bow to Him in lowliness/humbled...

1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
    27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
    28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
    29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Then when Jesus was lifted up, He then drew all men up unto Him, making us sit together in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus..

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
    32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
    34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

The answer of the good conscience, anything good at all, toward God, is by that resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the mystery is, He was seen as justified in the Spirit preached on in the world and believed on, received up to glory and it is He whose humility came to us, whose lifting up also lifted us up with Him..

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Christ became us, made higher than the heavens, His humility is not to be copied by man, but believed on, in His righteousness, it is straight forward and all testified, peoples teaching puts us far away from the simplicity that is in Christ, but God said He did not leave Himself without witness. Acts 14:17

Hebrews 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above
    7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
    8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jeremiah 5:2 And though they say, The Lord liveth; surely they swear falsely.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Re: great is the mystery of godliness

It is the Spirit(the Holy Spirit/ THE WORD) that is truth. Man is not truth and has no idea what truth is. Man cannot then make true confession...

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Hidden and yet revealed by the Son, but not to any wise and prudent, they will never know. Only to those who are not in life, the despised and hated, the poor in spirit, they will hear, the ones who labour and are heavy laden, they will come to Him, they learn of Him, for He is meek and lowly in heart, His humility and His knowledge saves us, and brings us rest..

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
    26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
    27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isaiah 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
    78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
    79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

God has, I believe, anticipated both the righteous and the wicked. However, He does not make men turn to wickedness. On the contrary, His desire is to Save all!

Knowing that some will, for some reason, turn away from righteousness, He has anticipated how to use them in His grand scheme of things. This may sound as if God actually made them to *be* wicked. But this would be contradictory to His claim that He wants all men to live in His image, and after His likeness.

I do agree with you that in this partnership between God and Man we absolutely require the initiative and power of God. Unless God does His part we are absolutely lost! The purpose of God is that Man live in reliance upon His word so that in doing His word we acquire the virtue to perform it.

It is God's part both to provide His word to us and to provide, within this word, the ability to perform it and to express virtue in obeying it. This role that God plays is essential in our expressing our sonship, showing that we do good and that we are Saved. Those who turn away from God's word will not be able to do the same.

Finally, I would say that all men can do God's word. But not all men choose to obey God's word to such an extent that they completely convert from their carnal nature to Christ's spiritual nature. Those who fully commit to Christ's spiritual nature do not become perfect. Rather, they accept the standard that God requires for Salvation. It is simply a matter of committing completely to Christ their heart, so that when they fall short, they repent and return to Christ as their way of living.

God makes men as He testifies to us..

Psalm 58:1 58 Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
    2 Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
    3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
    4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
    5 Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.

His desire is not to save all, but all kind of men, rich, and poor, all are equal, this is what is told, this is the way it is..

1 Timothy 2:I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Some people do not turn away from righteousness for some reason, as God has told us all things, we know all things through being shared all understanding, and just as all on earth had turned away from the Lord(this is the proof of the first covenant) so everyone in that second covenant do not turn away at all. TRY READING...

Jeremiah 32:40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; BUT I WILL PUT MY FEAR INTO THEIR HEARTS, THAT THEY SHALL NOT DEPART FROM ME.

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
    10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

" Those who fully commit to Christ's spiritual nature do not become perfect. Rather, they accept the standard that God requires for Salvation. It is simply a matter of committing completely to Christ their heart, so that when they fall short, they repent and return to Christ as their way of living."

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

It is a matter of God replacing the heart, or nobody can have any right feelings or belief about the Lord..Cleaned through the word, given ears to hear with stony heart taken out, heart of flesh placed in and His Spirit..

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Ezekiel 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Some however do fall short, others do not..

All the world became guilty before God.

BUT NOW, the righteousness of God is manifested, which is by faith of Jesus Christ, upon all them that believe, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God..

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Moreover, those He did predestinate, them He called, justified and glorified(that is very opposite to them continuing to fall short, things changed very much, but for many called and not chosen they do all fall short and change nothing)..

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
    39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    God makes men as He testifies to us..
    His desire is not to save all, but all kind of men, rich, and poor, all are equal, this is what is told, this is the way it is..
    Some people do not turn away from righteousness for some reason, as God has told us all things, we know all things through being shared all understanding, and just as all on earth had turned away from the Lord(this is the proof of the first covenant) so everyone in that second covenant do not turn away at all. TRY READING...

It is a matter of God replacing the heart, or nobody can have any right feelings or belief about the Lord..Cleaned through the word, given ears to hear with stony heart taken out, heart of flesh placed in and His Spirit..
    Some however do fall short, others do not..

All the world became guilty before God.

BUT NOW, the righteousness of God is manifested, which is by faith of Jesus Christ, upon all them that believe, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God..
    Moreover, those He did predestinate, them He called, justified and glorified(that is very opposite to them continuing to fall short, things changed very much, but for many called and not chosen they do all fall short and change nothing)..
    It may be debatable about who really is under the New Covenant. There are many so-called "Christians," who have apparently adopted the New Covenant as a system without fully embracing it as a reborn creature.

I believe the New Covenant was designed for everybody in one sense, and only for the elect, in another sense. I'm not sure how to describe it, except that the Scriptures say that God wishes to save all men, but will, in fact, save only those who comply with the New Covenant in spirit. Those who fully embrace the New Covenant in spirit will never lose their Salvation. But they can certainly still "fall away." I just believe they will ultimately come to God for mercy.

"It may be debatable about who really is under the New Covenant."

"I believe the New Covenant was designed for everybody in one sense, and only for the elect, in another sense. I'm not sure how to describe it, except that the Scriptures say that God wishes to save all men, but will, in fact, save only those who comply with the New Covenant in spirit. Those who fully embrace the New Covenant in spirit will never lose their Salvation. But they can certainly still "fall away." I just believe they will ultimately come to God for mercy."

Thanks but nothing is debatable, it is a testimony of the wrong doers for the end times now..

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, DEBATE, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 WHO KNOWING THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, NOT ONLY DO THE SAME, BUT HAVE PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM.

"Those who fully embrace the New Covenant in spirit will never lose their Salvation.

But they can certainly still "fall away." I just believe they will ultimately come to God for mercy."

They did already come to the throne for mercy, to stop the falling away..

Hebrews 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
    16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    Thanks but nothing is debatable, it is a testimony of the wrong doers for the end times now..

They did already come to the throne for mercy, to stop the falling away..
    Sounds a little harsh, but I understand that's your opinion. Thanks.

Isaiah 55:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
    8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I believe there is so much more to God than we know. I also believe He is outside our dimension of time, thus He is able to see the end from the beginning right now as I type this. I believe similarly to Randy in that God desires all to be saved but in His infinite wisdom He knows not all will choose Him.

But He knew I'd choose Him! Thank You Jesus!

Great post Gordon777!

So, what have you guys said about the greatness of the mystery of godliness in the above posts?
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

God declares the end from the beginning, not ability to see the end, declaring it as He is doing it...

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

As for whether we are chosen or not, the answer is always in who keeps the ways of Heaven that are revealed or we break them completely.

Everybody seeks to be first, to choose themselves, they did not and could not wait for God to choose them, their declaration of belief in Christ is against His own words that we did not choose Him, but He chose us...John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Matthew 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

When we do not humble ourselves, we cant enter the kingdom. To be least among all is to be the greatest, and as everybody seeks to be chosen, they show they are the greatest, no the least and are far away..

Luke 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

again everybody seeks to sit in the high seat just like the Pharisees, but they were cast off to be lowest. Only those who sit lowest in heir heart will be risen up higher by God, others get thrust down to hell..

Luke 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Luke 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them.
    8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
    9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
    10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
    11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Every one lifted up and exalted, no matter what they speak about themselves, has the judgement waiting for them, I have no more to tell..

Isaiah 2:9 And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.
    10 Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty.
    11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
    12 For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
    13 And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,
    14 And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,
    15 And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,
    16 And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.
    17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.
    18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
    19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isaiah 13:9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
    10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
    12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
    13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    So, what have you guys said about the greatness of the mystery of godliness in the above posts?
    The problem is not so much the subject line, but rather, how the original poster framed the issue. If it is a bit ambiguous, so might be the responses.

Thread Information