Thread: For many are called, but few are chosen

For many are called, but few are chosen

Will Jesus tell us plainly when we ask Him, or pray for this same request ?

NO, is the answer, because He has already told us, and if we do not believe in the testimony in the words of Christ, we believe not when we are not His sheep. His sheep already hear His voice, as He knows them, so they do not need to pray to Him, He found them where they were scattered..

Ezekiel 34:11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
    25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

People try to get in to God anyway, but they try the way man advises them, and deceives them. If we try to climb up any other way at all, we are a thief and a robber. But His sheep hear His voice, He also knows them already and they follow Him..

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
    2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
    3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

People assume we can pray to Christ and we are in.

The way however is told, not quite so easy at all.

Many seek to enter and are not able. They prayed alright, as so many pastors/deceivers advise millions, but they did not believe that the way is straight and narrow, and way beyond ther wide path everybody is on for praying and assuming you are chosen this way.

We see the words Christ tells us, it is the first who are last. So everybody who seeks to enter, is placing themselves first, because only those who the Lord calls enter, being the last, as they do not put themselves forward. The others are presumptious and selfish and are very fr from getting anywhere near, and most on earth are this way..

Luke 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
    24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
    25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
    26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
    27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
    28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
    29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
    30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Again comparing the deceivers assumption and creation that e pray to enter Gods ears and Kingdom, is answered so well by how the Apostles had the mysteries of the Kingdom given to them by Christ, they neither prayed for this also, as He testifies to us, they are chosen by Him, AND, they DID NOT choose Him...

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

When it is not given by Christ, when they are not chosen, all these people who hear the word of God are prone to satan who takes every word and right way far away from them, as they hear satans advise instead..

Same for others, also never chosen, not given to understand or believe in anything, fall away with temptation, and the false teachers say Christian s will always fall away and God forgives them..

Others, again not chosen only called, led astray by the wide path that you pray and ask Jesus into your life, have cares and pleasures in this life, otherwise they cant hear the thieves and robbers as Jesus tells us..

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Lastly, the good heart, good ground, clearly they are the chosen, they did not choose Jesus to be above what the Apostles were, as Christ testifies these Holy Apostles of the Lord DID NOT choose Him..

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
    11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
    12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
    13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
    14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
    15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Bad and good are called, and the ones who do not have a wedding garment on, are rejected, because many are called..... but ? FEW ARE CHOSEN......

Matthew 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
    10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Re: For many are called, but few are chosen

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    Will Jesus tell us plainly when we ask Him, or pray for this same request ?

NO, is the answer, because He has already told us, and if we do not believe in the testimony in the words of Christ, we believe not when we are not His sheep. His sheep already hear His voice, as He knows them, so they do not need to pray to Him, He found them where they were scattered..

Ezekiel 34:11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
    25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

People try to get in to God anyway, but they try the way man advises them, and deceives them. If we try to climb up any other way at all, we are a thief and a robber. But His sheep hear His voice, He also knows them already and they follow Him..

John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
    2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
    3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

People assume we can pray to Christ and we are in.

The way however is told, not quite so easy at all.

Many seek to enter and are not able. They prayed alright, as so many pastors/deceivers advise millions, but they did not believe that the way is straight and narrow, and way beyond ther wide path everybody is on for praying and assuming you are chosen this way.

We see the words Christ tells us, it is the first who are last. So everybody who seeks to enter, is placing themselves first, because only those who the Lord calls enter, being the last, as they do not put themselves forward. The others are presumptious and selfish and are very fr from getting anywhere near, and most on earth are this way..

Luke 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
    24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
    25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
    26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
    27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
    28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
    29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
    30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

Again comparing the deceivers assumption and creation that e pray to enter Gods ears and Kingdom, is answered so well by how the Apostles had the mysteries of the Kingdom given to them by Christ, they neither prayed for this also, as He testifies to us, they are chosen by Him, AND, they DID NOT choose Him...

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

When it is not given by Christ, when they are not chosen, all these people who hear the word of God are prone to satan who takes every word and right way far away from them, as they hear satans advise instead..

Same for others, also never chosen, not given to understand or believe in anything, fall away with temptation, and the false teachers say Christian s will always fall away and God forgives them..

Others, again not chosen only called, led astray by the wide path that you pray and ask Jesus into your life, have cares and pleasures in this life, otherwise they cant hear the thieves and robbers as Jesus tells us..

John 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Lastly, the good heart, good ground, clearly they are the chosen, they did not choose Jesus to be above what the Apostles were, as Christ testifies these Holy Apostles of the Lord DID NOT choose Him..

Luke 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
    11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
    12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
    13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
    14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
    15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Bad and good are called, and the ones who do not have a wedding garment on, are rejected, because many are called..... but ? FEW ARE CHOSEN......

Matthew 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
    10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
    11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
    12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
    13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
    When Prince Charles of Great Britain was born, he was the ONLY one among millions who had a right to the throne. This is God's choice. I am a commoner and do not have the position of Charles. That is his calling by birth and this birth is God's sovereign choice. But will Charles INHERIT the throne? The way to birth was God's choice and Charles had no say. But the way to the throne is largely up to Charles. The Queen will make sure that all resources are available for Charles - the best schools, the best advisors, discipline at home and at school, and continuous training in matters of state. But Charles must cooperate. He must submit to his Mother - the Queen. He must submit to his tutors. He must submit to the laws of England. He must apply himself in his studies. He must eat, drink and dream about matters of state. If he rebels against his mother, tutors and/or the laws of England he will land in jail and NOT INHERIT the throne. His birth and privileges are God-given, and can never be taken away. But His THRONE is ALWAYS IN QUESTION. He is not an absolute monarch. He is monarch-to-be in a Constitutional Monarchy.

So also is the Christian. In Genesis 1:26-28 God lays forth His purpose with mankind. (i) To express God by being like Him, and (2) to RULE. God has never given up His plan. God's councils are immutable. So, in the chaos of rebellion He CALLS certain men according to His foreknowledge, and predesignates them to be CONFORMED to the image of Christ (Rom.8:29). Just like Charles, the Christian must be BORN AGAIN into a royal House. He must have the LINEAGE of Christ. These are decided and given by God. The Christian has no say. He is convicted of sin and judgement (Jn.16:8). He is given faith (Eph.2:8). He is given light (Matt.16:17). He is born by outside power (Jn.1:12-13). But then starts a process by which he must be TRAINED and APPROVED for CO-KINGSHIP with Christ. The bulk of your verses point, NOT TO REBIRTH, but to the KINGDOM.

From the first promise that the head of "the prince of this world" would be crushed by the Seed of the woman, to the Covenant with Abraham, to the promises in Daniel that God would put an end to Gentile rule, to the arrival of Jesus Christ with His OFFER of the KINGDOM, to the teachings of Matthew, Luke, Mark, Paul, Peter and John about the KINGDOM, the focus of the New Testament is of certain men CALLED by God, then given every resource to be properly trained and approved, BUT WHO HAVE TO COOPERATE with God in a rigorous training to be able kings when Christ returns to set up His kingdom on earth. It is one thing that;
    1. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8)
    2. "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1st Peter 1:23)

But it is another thing to;
    10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
    11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ"
    (2nd Peter 1:10-11)

It is one thing to born into royalty, it is another to INHERIT.

Re: For many are called, but few are chosen

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8)
    "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1st Peter 1:23)

Gift of God, you cannot self gift.

Need power to be born of God, or not possible to find..

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

But it is another thing to;
    10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
    11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2nd Peter 1:10-11)

Make it sure, if you are gifted weith the Spiritual gifts, of not, you make nothing sure..

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
    2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

It is one thing to born into royalty, it is another to INHERIT.

Inheritence has to be given, we need to be made a son and chosen

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Predestined

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Thread Information