Thread: Why not the job I wanted?

Why not the job I wanted?

So back in mid June I quit my job and after a short struggle looking for a new one, while I worked for two companies I got offered a job for a company I really desired to work for pending a background check. So I graduated from High School in 1984, from a small private school of 25, that was K-12, the school is now defunct and the minister who ran it moved, and I canít find my diploma. And even though I was in the military, since they couldnít verify it I pretty much was dropped, because of the check.

I did however get another job the warehouses manager is a Christian. But after a so-so week at best at work i am still wondering why couldnít I have the other job? Donít get me wrong it is a great job and been there about a month. But I feel like I asked the Father for bread and was given a stone; for fish and given a serpent; Luke 11:11.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Re: Why not the job I wanted?

Or maybe this is not about you right now. Could be someone there you need to minister Or be ministered to by someone there. Or maybe there's some growing He wants you to do there. Or maybe it's just a stepping stone.
    Could be lots of things...why assume the worst?
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1023EJS View Post
    So back in mid June I quit my job and after a short struggle looking for a new one, while I worked for two companies I got offered a job for a company I really desired to work for pending a background check. So I graduated from High School in 1984, from a small private school of 25, that was K-12, the school is now defunct and the minister who ran it moved, and I canít find my diploma. And even though I was in the military, since they couldnít verify it I pretty much was dropped, because of the check.

I did however get another job the warehouses manager is a Christian. But after a so-so week at best at work i am still wondering why couldnít I have the other job? Donít get me wrong it is a great job and been there about a month. But I feel like I asked the Father for bread and was given a stone; for fish and given a serpent; Luke 11:11.
    The greatest blessing is Christ himself. And you'll come to know him better when you submit to his will. I'm sure he heard you. If you wait, eventually you'll grow and see the changes *God* has wanted to make in your life. The enjoyable part is in seeing his fingerprints all over everything....

I never sweat that sort thing. As a personal rule, if I got hired under welcoming circumstances, that was from God, according to His wisdom.
    You might gave been spared an unpleasant future.
    And you can grow from where you are.
    I'm 67, partially disabled, and work 12 hr shifts up north in a sawmill. It's physically brutal, but as it turns out, I stay healthy.
    God knows best.

Quote Originally Posted by 1023EJS View Post

It is so easy to feel this way when we are disappointed. But as a Christian one of the hardest lessons to learn is; what it truly is, to put our trust in God. This is the what God wants from each of us (Matthew 18:3), "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." As a child puts it's full trust in Mother and Father to supply every need, this is the same faith we must demonstrate in God.

But a promise we have (Hebrews 13:5), "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

We are often clueless regarding what we actually need, though we pray intently for what we desire. But with patience, God will give you abundantly according to his riches, if you trust in his will, according to his timing; not our own. God will othen condition us, for moving to the next level by allowing us to suffer tribulations. I love the teaching of Apostle Paul below:

Romans 5:
    1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
    2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
    3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
    4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
    5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

God bless you in your daily walk with Christ, regardless where he has positioned you.

Quote Originally Posted by IMINXTC View Post
    I never sweat that sort thing. As a personal rule, if I got hired under welcoming circumstances, that was from God, according to His wisdom.
    You might gave been spared an unpleasant future.
    And you can grow from where you are.
    I'm 67, partially disabled, and work 12 hr shifts up north in a sawmill. It's physically brutal, but as it turns out, I stay healthy.
    God knows best.
    Man, you're one tough dude! Congrats!

Thread Information