Deny ourselves and take up our cross daily, to go after Christ, to walk even as He walked..

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Every day Jesus is the same..

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Denying ourselves is denying ungodliness, and worldly lusts, to live righteously and godly in this present world, and we glory only in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the whole world is crucified to us and we unto the world..

Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Then there is nothing else to know save Jesus Christ and Him crucified..

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Christ was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God, we also are weak in Him, but we live with Him by the power of God, whose strength is made perfect in weakness(crucified and taking up our cross daily) in weaknesses and illnesses, in persecutions and the world we shall have tribulation (these are all cross daily)

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Corinthians 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.
4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

If dead with Him we live with Him(cross crucified daily) suffering with Him(daily) to reign with Him(forever)(Thousand year reign in Revelation is a day, thousand years is as a day to the Lord, judgement day..and then passing it is forever) Joint heirs with Christ if we suffer with Him to be glorified together(suffering essential or no glorification) to suffer persecution for the cross of Christ..

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Eating and drinking the blood worthily, means we do show the Lords death till He comes. We preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, giving the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, and are troubled on every side, persecuted and cast down, always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus is made manifest in our body, for which we are living are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, to manifest the life of Jesus in our human flesh..

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

2 Corinthians 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

Matthew 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, IS NOT WORTHY OF ME.

One thing you lack, sell and give all you have, THEN take up your cross and follow Christ.

The apostles left all then took up their cross.

You leave all and you then receive that cross daily from the world, and persecutions from it, and in the world to come, eternal life, but all the ones seeking to be first end up last of all, only the last become the first..

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Mark 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.