Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: sinner

sinner

"maverick wrote: The bottom line is that Christians still sin because the flesh is waring against the spirit. In fact, as a Christian you don't hate sinning then there is something wrong with your Christianity. Also please read 1 John 1:8-10 where it says Christians sin and Jesus Christ intercedes for us."

Isaiah 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

This is the message to those who walk in darkness.

They are testified to walk in the light, as Christ is in the light.

Then they have fellowship with the Holy Apostles, and the righteous blood of Christ cleans them of all sin.

They need to repent, to confess the sins, and be cleaned of all unrighteousness.

It is still a false spirit to deny they have sinned, done evil, as His word sets us free from sin and He is the Spirit of truth..

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
    6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
    32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
    33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
    34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
    35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
    36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Re: sinner

Only those who can do the righteousness of the law shall be justified, that is the new covenant of the Lord writing His laws in our heart.

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

As alive from the dead, and when we are dead, all we do is works of death and darkness, but now that grace is given, sin has no dominion as it once had, and as Paul spoke in Romans 7, the flesh was weak through the law.

Now we are servants of righteousness, not disobedience unto sin.

Now they obey from the heart, or thy do not know it and have not received it into the heart.

All who claim they sin and cannot cease sinning, see the testimony that exposes them, these trhings you are supposed to be ashamed of, and if they are not shameful, then share all they think they can do that God covers up for them ?

Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
    14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
    17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
    19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
    20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
    21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
    22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Love works no ill to our neighbour, love fulfils that law of Christ, cast off all works of darkness to walk as children of light, put on Christ and then we no longer make provision for the flesh to sin

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
    9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
    11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
    12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
    13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
    14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    Only those who can do the righteousness of the law shall be justified, that is the new covenant of the Lord writing His laws in our heart.

Romans 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

As alive from the dead, and when we are dead, all we do is works of death and darkness, but now that grace is given, sin has no dominion as it once had, and as Paul spoke in Romans 7, the flesh was weak through the law.

Now we are servants of righteousness, not disobedience unto sin.

Now they obey from the heart, or thy do not know it and have not received it into the heart.

All who claim they sin and cannot cease sinning, see the testimony that exposes them, these trhings you are supposed to be ashamed of, and if they are not shameful, then share all they think they can do that God covers up for them ?

Romans 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
    14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
    17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
    18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
    19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
    20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
    21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
    22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Love works no ill to our neighbour, love fulfils that law of Christ, cast off all works of darkness to walk as children of light, put on Christ and then we no longer make provision for the flesh to sin

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
    9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
    11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
    12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
    13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
    14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
    So, you are doing enough to justify yourself ?

"So, you are doing enough to justify yourself ?"

13 (FOR NOT THE HEARERS OF THE LAW ARE JUST BEFORE GOD, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anothe

13 (FOR NOT THE HEARERS OF THE LAW ARE JUST BEFORE GOD, BUT THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.
    15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anothe

****WARNING TO ALL NEW CONVERTS****

This thread will lead to legalism and outward religion that will never bring you closer to Christ.
    Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

What makes Gordon righteous ? The blood of Christ, or Gordon's performance ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    ****WARNING TO ALL NEW CONVERTS****

This thread will lead to legalism and outward religion that will never bring you closer to Christ.
    Amen, and know that Christ's blood and righteousness is the ONLY thing that can make us clean, or acceptable to a Holy Father. NOT our performance or our own works.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Yet we notice all scripture is incapable of leading anyone to any wrong path, it is those who talk without Gods word that manage that for themselves.

I think I notice a picture of outward religion, a picture of Jesus Christ but against what God told us HI appearance was like..

Isaiah 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
    15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
    3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Legalism, is to talk about not comitting sins, and is outward religion.

OR,

Legalism is people who cant bear any scriptural warning going out to anyone, so they cry treason?

2 Kings 11:14 And when she looked, behold, the king stood by a pillar, as the manner was, and the princes and the trumpeters by the king, and all the people of the land rejoiced, and blew with trumpets: and Athaliah rent her clothes, and cried, Treason, Treason.
    15 But Jehoiada the priest commanded the captains of the hundreds, the officers of the host, and said unto them, Have her forth without the ranges: and him that followeth her kill with the sword. For the priest had said, Let her not be slain in the house of the Lord.
    16 And they laid hands on her; and she went by the way by the which the horses came into the king's house: and there was she slain.

Like the high priests also, who were against any of the righteous teaching from Christ, and said, did we not forbid you to teach in this name ?

Acts 5:27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,
    28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
    29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

This is the pretenders again, who hate anyone reproving in the gate:

Isaiah 29:21 That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

These are the scribes who Jesus warned us about:

Mark 12:38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
    39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
    40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

Can we fail to notice, they fail to do the greater part of the law, this one has proven in front of ll that they have no interest even in having a discussion about the right ways of the Lord, it is THEY, who only want to clean the outside and appear righteous on the outside to men....

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
    24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
    25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
    26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
    27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
    28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

"Christ's blood and righteousness is the ONLY thing that can make us clean, or acceptable to a Holy Father. NOT our performance or our own works."

Christs spotless blood gives us a good conscience..

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

We draw near ONLY with that true heart of faith sprinkled from an evil conscience..

Scorners say the scriptures provided, somehow were saying our own works ?

The verses and testimony tells us, ,IF we have Christ in our heart, WE DO BY NATURE< the things contained in the law, this shows the work of the law written in our hearts..

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Which leaves only one conclusion, they have professed they have a different conscience:

Good conscience way:

1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

1 Timothy 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

1 Timothy 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

Their evil conscience way:

1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Titus 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

They always diaputed with the Apostles, and Holy Apostle Paul of the Holy Lord God has answered for them all..

Acts 24:13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
    14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
    15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
    16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.

"What makes Gordon righteous ? The blood of Christ, or Gordon's performance"

I answered by scripture

Now my question for you

What makes PBminimum unrighteous ? The blood of Christ, or PBminimums performance..

1 John 3:
    2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
    4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Blog Entries

They always diaputed with the Apostles, and Holy Apostle Paul of the Holy Lord God has answered for them all..
    And yet here you are expousing things that are directly contrary to the gospel they preached.

No one has disputed the apostles and accused them in this thread. They've merely pointed out that you're wrong.

Bryan, we see that you live here, 14000 posts, it is the exact same as the Pharisees, they were worried that their nation wold be taken away, and you and your two fellows so far are giving zero scriptures, and yet so many I have shared that you claim I am showing contrary to the gospel.

John 11:48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

Bryan, love is not in word or tongue but in deed, try to let your words be few and more willing to hear than to speak..

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

​Job 13:5 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

Blog Entries

Riiight. Because pulling Scripture out of context to try and prove a false gospel makes a really compelling case.

That was sarcasm - just in case you missed the context. Again.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Thread Information