Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine

Does anyone notice or care, this has been proven in this forum today, that nobody endures sound doctrine, everybody tries to resist it and choose a flattering deceitful answer ?

1 Timothy 4:I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Blog Entries

Re: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine

Quote Originally Posted by gordon777 View Post
    Does anyone notice or care, this has been proven in this forum today, that nobody endures sound doctrine, everybody tries to resist it and choose a flattering deceitful answer ?

1 Timothy 4:[FONT="]I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;[/FONT]2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    I wonder how you can make such an unsubstantiated claim? Unless of course, your idea of sound doctrine is indeed warped.

Because it must be fulfilled, God says it and it comes true.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Isaiah 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

1 Timothy 4:[FONT="]I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;[/FONT]2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    Everyone here loves Jesus AND EACH OTHER. You should try doing that and perhaps you would get some edifying dialogue going instead of continually judging everyone with your cut and past onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Everyone here loves Jesus AND EACH OTHER. You should try doing that and perhaps you would get some edifying dialogue going instead of continually judging everyone with your cut and past onslaught.
    Ezekiel 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Ezekiel 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
    You are a clanging cymbal ... cant hear you

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Not applicable to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Not applicable to the discussion.
    All is applicable

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Isaiah 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

I don't know about this forum, but I do believe this scripture is coming true generally in the church. People don't like the idea of sound doctrine these days. Every person wants to be a doctrine unto him or herself.

Quote Originally Posted by pdun459 View Post
    I don't know about this forum, but I do believe this scripture is coming true generally in the church. People don't like the idea of sound doctrine these days. Every person wants to be a doctrine unto him or herself.
    Yes, that is a legitimate, accurate and truthful observation, but it is clear that men are not called to separate the wheat from the tares(Spiritually) nor even the grains from the chaff(Spiritually), it's not man's job to do that(Spiritually).

Matthew 13:24-30
    Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
    But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
    So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
    He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
    But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
    Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I find your doctrine false, Gordon. You seem disinterested in any corrections, based on Scriptural arguments. Your focus is on placing your own doctrines above all else on this forum.

What I do find is that Satan has been attacking this forum, including viruses and trolling. Please pray with your brothers in Christ that we find our proper unity in the Spirit of Christ. Then we can try to establish a common doctrine based upon our common experience of Christ.

We can agree to disagree. But those of us who are truly reborn should be willing to present an answer to all those who ask. And I'm asking you how you can present the Law of Moses as still valid when NT Scriptures plainly prohibit this?

Jacob's Ladder, you're right and it's a great point. That doesn't mean however that churches should shy away from sound doctrine to accommodate those who are offended by it.

Jacob's Ladder, you're right and it's a great point. That doesn't mean however that churches should shy away from sound doctrine to accommodate those who are offended by it.
    The falling away in end times is going to happen, no doubt. But when someone with such judgmental doctrine comes on a message board that is anything but liberal in it's views, only to voice how they have achieved a righteousness through their own works that no one else here has been able to attain..... well... they are usually marked. In my eyes that kind of UN sound doctrine is every bit as bad and as indicative of the falling away that will happen in the end times as the kind of doctrines that are hyper-grace oriented or even prosperity doctrines. It's all filled with untruth's.

I agree, and so does Jesus.

I hope you will keep that thought in the quote above, keep that thought while reading the seven letters to the church(s) in Revelation.
    Look to see that same thought put into words by Jesus there in the form of the individual indictments of those church(s) ....And then see the solution or remedy Jesus gave to them at the end of each of those indictments.

Thread Information