Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Psalm 83 War?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    11,629

    Re: Psalm 83 War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The Jews were punished in 70-135AD This was their second swing of the Sword. Ezekiel 21:14
    The Third will happen soon and this time the Lord Himself will do it.

    The many wars that have happened over the last 2000 years are the result of the First and Second Seals. Revelation 6:1-4 And as predicted, these wars have gotten worse in the past 100 years.

    Psalms 83 is a plainly Written description of an attack by the Islamic peoples against the people currently occupying a small portion of the holy Land. It says that the Lord will intervene and wipe them out. Many other prophesies tell us that the Jewish State of Israel will also be gone after the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Isaiah 6:11-13, Zechariah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 12:14, +

    Wouldn't it be better to know what the Lord has planned? What people like to think and what the Bible actually prophesies, should not conflict.
    I don't personally happen to think Psalm 83 is a "prophecy" of Islamic hostility, but I do think it is an apt application. Very good parallel.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,001
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Psalm 83 War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Question.......Everybody says Psalm 83 foretells a war. I've read Psalm 83 and i dont see anything that says anything about a war.

    Am i missing something?????

    Mike
    It is a prayer for God to intervene in a situation of the time of Asaph.
    He lived during the reign's of David, Solomon and Rehoboam.
    You might find this link to an article about the author of the Psalm interesting:
    http://www.hfbcbiblestudy.org/index2...o_pdf=1&id=482

    It is possibly a prophecy, but more likely an expression of a need for comfort from God.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Psalm 83 War?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    It is a prayer for God to intervene in a situation of the time of Asaph.
    He lived during the reign's of David, Solomon and Rehoboam.
    You might find this link to an article about the author of the Psalm interesting:
    http://www.hfbcbiblestudy.org/index2...o_pdf=1&id=482

    It is possibly a prophecy, but more likely an expression of a need for comfort from God.
    As Psalms 83 refers to what did happen in ancient times; the destruction of Oreb and Zeeb, etc, and asks that the Lord will act once again to help His people against those who say: We will seize for ourselves the Land of God's people. Psalms 83:12

    This is exactly what we see Iran and all the Islamic peoples saying today.
    Proof that this prophecy awaits fulfilment is the fire and tempest that the Lord will send this time, which has never yet happened.

    Many indications, secular and biblical, show that this earth shattering event will occur quite soon. Why not know about it and be prepared?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Psalm 83 War?

    The Fulfilment of the prayer/prophecy of Asaph:

    Events now unfolding in the Middle East are rapidly bringing closer the apocalyptic scenario as predicted in more than 100 prophetic scriptures, mainly Psalms 83, Joel 3:1-3 Isaiah 2:12-21, Isaiah 66:15-16, Jeremiah 4:23-28, Ezekiel 21:1-7, Micah 4:11-12, Zephaniah 1:14-18, 2 Peter 3:10, Revelation 6:12-17
    As described, the Lord Himself intervenes and delivers Israel from a massive attack from the Islamic confederation, by the means of a seemingly natural event – a Coronal Mass Ejection that is accurately described by Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, Psalms 50:1-3

    Psalms 83 begins by describing a conspiracy against Israel, by their neighbouring peoples. Their aim is total annihilation of the Jewish State of Israel, to occupy all the Land and to wipe out any remembrance of them. Although each of the tribal groups mentioned is a historic enemy of Israel and has fought against them on various occasions, there is no record that they ever joined in such an alliance. All of the modern nations who are descendants of the peoples mentioned in Psalms 83, are currently obsessed with an Islamic inspired determination to completely eliminate the Jewish State of Israel.

    Psalms 81:13-15 O that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! I would soon subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their adversaries. The haters of the Lord pretend submission to Him, but their fate will endure forever.
    Verse 15 tells of a people who hate God [Y’hovah] when they think in their minds that they submit to Him. The word Muslims, means submitters to their God. [Allah]

    So then, when we read in Psalm 83:2 “For your enemies raise an uproar, those who hate you hold their heads high”, it is saying that the enemies mentioned, are those who believe they submit to God, but in reality are full of religious pride and are in fact haters of the true God.

    Psalms 83:18 So let it be known that You, whose name is Y’hovah are alone the Most High over all the earth.
    The reason that God will be so powerfully victorious in this coming attack, is to witness to all unbelievers, especially the Ishmaelite peoples, who will then recognize the true religion and Islam will be discredited.

    The writer of Psalms 83, the prophet Asaph, prays that Israel’s current enemies will be just as soundly defeated as were the Midianites, etc, when their armies were scattered and their leaders executed. Judges 7:25 When this prayer is answered, Israel will be a much bigger country, comprising all the area given by God to Abraham. Ezekiel 47:13-23

    There will be a terrible loss of life, as well as large numbers of refugees, who will flee from all the Mid East countries. But a holy remnant will survive in Jerusalem. After the Land is cleaned and regenerated, then all the faithful Christian believers be they descendants of Jacob, or grafted in Israelites: will be motivated to emigrate to the holy Land. There, they will be an example to the world of how all should live and 144,000 of them will go out to all peoples and proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 7:1-13

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,001
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Psalm 83 War?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    As Psalms 83 refers to what did happen in ancient times; the destruction of Oreb and Zeeb, etc, and asks that the Lord will act once again to help His people against those who say: We will seize for ourselves the Land of God's people. Psalms 83:12

    This is exactly what we see Iran and all the Islamic peoples saying today.
    Proof that this prophecy awaits fulfilment is the fire and tempest that the Lord will send this time, which has never yet happened.

    Many indications, secular and biblical, show that this earth shattering event will occur quite soon. Why not know about it and be prepared?
    Sorry, but yes it is a request for help JUST LIKE God helped before, however it is NOT a prophetic utterance that these things will happen or have happened, but simply a request that they might happen.
    You haven't actually pointed to anything WITHIN the Psalm which shows it is actually a promise of God as to what WILL happen. You have merely speculated that IF God were to respond to this request NOW then it might take a certain form!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Psalm 83 War?

    Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    Sorry, but yes it is a request for help JUST LIKE God helped before, however it is NOT a prophetic utterance that these things will happen or have happened, but simply a request that they might happen.
    You haven't actually pointed to anything WITHIN the Psalm which shows it is actually a promise of God as to what WILL happen. You have merely speculated that IF God were to respond to this request NOW then it might take a certain form!
    THIS will happen:
    God will scatter them like thistledown, like chaff blown before the wind. Fire will rage across the land and storm tempests will terrify them, they will suffer disgrace and will perish. Psalms 83:13-17

    There are over 100 other prophesies that describe the Day the Lord will carry this out. God WILL answer this prayer and the world will never be the same again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which Psalm is your favorite Psalm?
    By Vern Wolitski in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Oct 17th 2014, 11:03 AM
  2. Psalm 100 - A Psalm of Thanksgiving
    By Pilgrimtozion in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Nov 14th 2010, 11:18 PM
  3. Psalm 24:17?
    By seek_joy in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 9th 2009, 11:13 PM
  4. Psalm 51:5
    By reformedct in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: Feb 8th 2009, 05:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •