Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psalm 83 War?

Psalm 83 War?

Question.......Everybody says Psalm 83 foretells a war. I've read Psalm 83 and i dont see anything that says anything about a war.

Am i missing something?????

Mike

Blog Entries

Re: Psalm 83 War?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Question.......Everybody says Psalm 83 foretells a war. I've read Psalm 83 and i dont see anything that says anything about a war.

Mike
    Yes, Because there will be no war. The Lord will destroy them all by sending fire; a massive explosion of the suns surface - earth directed, that will literally fulfil Psalms 83:13-15 and over 100 other prophesies that graphically describe this event. Revelation 6:12-17, 2 Peter 3:7, Isaiah 30:26

Ezekiel 7:14 They have blown the trumpets and made ready, but there will be no battle as My wrath will fall upon them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Yes, Because there will be no war. The Lord will destroy them all by sending fire; a massive explosion of the suns surface - earth directed, that will literally fulfil Psalms 83:13-15 and over 100 other prophesies that graphically describe this event. Revelation 6:12-17, 2 Peter 3:7, Isaiah 30:26

Ezekiel 7:14 They have blown the trumpets and made ready, but there will be no battle as My wrath will fall upon them all.
    There are still 2 biblical wars involving Israel to come. Firstly when the antichrist takes over Israel, and finally when Gog/Northern army invades Israel via the valley of Megiddo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    There are still 2 biblical wars involving Israel to come. Firstly when the antichrist takes over Israel, and finally when Gog/Northern army invades Israel via the valley of Megiddo.
    None of them are actual wars, attacks yes, but no shots fired as the Lord destroys them all. Excepting the takeover of Christian Israel 3 1/2 years before the Return, then the Ac and his armies are killed at Armageddon.

The Bible prophets describe five attacks by armies against peoples and entities, that await fulfilment in these end times. They are all described differently and all occur at different times, but the common elements are; they all take place in the holy Land and they are all, except 3/, are won by the Lord.

In their correct sequence:

1/ The Islamic Confederation attack against the State of Israel. Psalms 83:1-18, Micah 4:11-12

2/ The Gog/Magog attack against the new nation of Beulah, the Christin peoples in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 37-38, Joel 2:20

3/ The conquest of Beulah, by the Anti-Christ. Revelation 13:5-7, Zechariah 14:1-2, Daniel 7:25

4/ The battle of Armageddon by an army from all the nations, at the Return of Jesus. Revelation 19:19, Daniel 8:25

5/ The final rebellion against God at the end of the Millennium. Revelation 20:7-9, Daniel 2:34-35

For what reason do they attack?

1a Because of their ancient enmity against Jacobs descendant’s. Ezekiel 25:1-17

2a In order for God to display His power and to make Himself known to His people and the nations. Before Jesus’ visible Return. Ezekiel 38:23, Ezekiel 39:7

3a The Anti-Christ will break the 7 year treaty with Beulah. Daniel 9:27, Rev 13:7

4a It is Satan’s attempt to prevent the Return of Jesus. Revelation 16:14

5a Satan’s final deception of mankind. Revelation 20:3 & 7-9

What the Lord uses to achieve victory and the results of these attacks:

1b The Middle East is virtually depopulated, by fire, storms, earthquakes and tsunamis, caused by a massive CME. Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 30:25-28, Zephaniah 2:4-15, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jeremiah 12:14, Jeremiah 10:18, Zephaniah 1:14-18

2b The entire Gog/Magog army is wiped out, by earthquakes and fire. Ezekiel 38:18-22, Ezekiel 39:3-5, Joel 2:20

3b Beulah will be conquered and the Lord’s people tested. Daniel 9:27, Daniel 11:31-35, Revelation 11:2

4b The Anti-Christs army is destroyed by the Sword of the Word and he is chained up. Revelation 20:19-21, Daniel 11:25

5b The armies are burned up and Satan is thrown into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:9-10

What happens to the dead?

1c They are burned to ashes by fire from the sun. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1&3, Isaiah 33:12

2c They are buried in Wadi Mujib. Ezekiel 39:11

3c Their souls are kept in heaven awaiting Jesus’ Return. Daniel 11:35, Revelation 20:4

4c Their bodies are food for the birds and animals. Revelation 19:21

5c They are totally consumed by fire from heaven. Revelation 20:9

All this from Psalm 83? The first question one should ask is; when was this written, and by whom? These attempts to make this Psalm about our future is wishful thinking. The Psalm tells you exactly who it is talking about, and it isn't us or modern Israel.

Mike
    Hello Mike. Would you be open to the idea that perhaps, we are experiencing, personally, what is spoken about in Ps 83? Could it be about us, as believers and what we are going through on a personal level rather than national Israel?

God bless!
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Hello Mike. Would you be open to the idea that perhaps, we are experiencing, personally, what is spoken about in Ps 83? Could it be about us, as believers and what we are going through on a personal level rather than national Israel?

God bless!

That's a spiritual mind at work right there

“Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”
    **1 Corinthians‬ *2:12-14, 16‬ *KJV‬‬

that comes from

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
    **John‬ *3:3, 5-6‬ *KJV‬‬

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
    **John‬ *6:63‬ *KJV‬‬

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
    **1 John‬ *5:20‬ *KJV‬‬

the kingdom is within you...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    All this from Psalm 83? The first question one should ask is; when was this written, and by whom? These attempts to make this Psalm about our future is wishful thinking. The Psalm tells you exactly who it is talking about, and it isn't us or modern Israel.

the prophets and psalms are predominately about Christ and the kingdom of God . Including David's psalms...

“And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.”
    **Acts‬ *3:17-18, 22-24‬ *KJV

to whom it was written and by who? To believers by the Holy Ghost always is the case.

Blog Entries

Hebrews10:27..the terrifying judgement of a fierce fire, that will consume Godís enemies
    2 Peter 3:7 By the Word of God, the present heavens and earth are being reserved for burning; they are being kept until the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. Matthew 3:10-12, Isaiah 34:2-3

The Apostles are telling us the next time that the Lord will judge and punish, it will be with fire. In the days of Noah, He destroyed the antediluvian civilization with water and the rainbow is His promise that He will never again flood the earth. It is frightening to think it, but there are a great many unfulfilled prophecies that describe this coming fire judgement. It will be the way that He will destroy His enemies, in the soon to happen confrontation in the Middle East and the entire world will be affected.

This terrible and shocking event, will be so severe that every person will be revealed for what they really are. This crisis will show the real nature of the worlds enmity against God. At the same time it will reveal the true condition of every Christian. 1 Corinthians 3:13 Many of us are well fed, enjoying a very comfortable lifestyle and can sing Hallelujah, Amen, with great fervour, but when the terrifying fire judgement hits the earth, will we stand firm in our trust for His protection? When electric power fails, when all telephone, radio and internet communications are gone, food supplies cut off and our modern infrastructure destroyed? Isaiah 24:10-13

Isaiah 29:13-14 Because this people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but a human precept, learned by rote: therefore I shall shock them, adding shock to shock, The wisdom of their wise will vanish and understanding will be lost. Matthew 11:25

A large percentage of the Bible is a message to us, today in the end times. Most of the events, such as the Exodus and the history of the Israelites are previews of what we will now and will soon experience. 1 Corinthians 10:11 We must learn from them and be prepared for huge changes. The ancients had to face it, why not us?
    Although I am not a theologian, I can read plain words, words that mean things and provided you donít ignore or allegorize what the prophets are trying to tell us, then a literal and logical understanding will enlighten us as to what will soon happen to this world.

I do not subscribe to the pretentious and impossible theory, which says that Godís people are going to be Ďrapturedí and removed from the earth before this time of trial comes. The whole message of salvation, of discipleship, and coming into the maturity of a Christian is a preparation for a time of testing. 1 Peter 4:12

1 Corinthians 10:13 So far you have faced no trial beyond human endurance. God will not test you beyond your powers, but when the test comes he will enable you to endure under it.
    Luke 21:34-36 Be on your guard, keep alert, so that the great Day does not catch you unready, for that Day will come on everyone the whole world over. Pray for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming and then to stand in His presence.
    Acts 14:22....that to enter the Kingdom of God, we must undergo many hardships.
    Hebrews 12:7-9 You must endure Godís discipline, He is treating you like His children. .......If you avoid it, then you are illegitimate and not true children.
    Ref: REB, some verses abridged

Mike
    Jesus told his disciples that before Israel would be judged, which took place in 70 AD, there would be wars and rumors of wars. In other words, before God sends judgment upon a nation that professes faith in Him, He roils things up as a warning that His judgment is about to fall, if there is no repentance.

So all through history we've had wars of various kinds--wars to afflict Christian nations in backsliding, and wars by pagan or ungodly nations that are simply bent on conquest.

I think Psalm 83 just points out how pagans that live nearby God's People always want to attack and defeat them. God is aware, and is prepared to defend and protect His People.

We don't have many, if any, righteous Christian nations today. Israel isn't righteous either. So we can expect a good number of wars leading up to Armageddon, for whatever reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Jesus told his disciples that before Israel would be judged, which took place in 70 AD, there would be wars and rumors of wars. In other words, before God sends judgment upon a nation that professes faith in Him, He roils things up as a warning that His judgment is about to fall, if there is no repentance.

So all through history we've had wars of various kinds--wars to afflict Christian nations in backsliding, and wars by pagan or ungodly nations that are simply bent on conquest.

I think Psalm 83 just points out how pagans that live nearby God's People always want to attack and defeat them. God is aware, and is prepared to defend and protect His People.
    The Jews were punished in 70-135AD This was their second swing of the Sword. Ezekiel 21:14
    The Third will happen soon and this time the Lord Himself will do it.

The many wars that have happened over the last 2000 years are the result of the First and Second Seals. Revelation 6:1-4 And as predicted, these wars have gotten worse in the past 100 years.

Psalms 83 is a plainly Written description of an attack by the Islamic peoples against the people currently occupying a small portion of the holy Land. It says that the Lord will intervene and wipe them out. Many other prophesies tell us that the Jewish State of Israel will also be gone after the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Isaiah 6:11-13, Zechariah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 12:14, +

Wouldn't it be better to know what the Lord has planned? What people like to think and what the Bible actually prophesies, should not conflict.

Great thread. Keep in mind that prophecy can be twofold. It can be about the near future as well as the far future, so to speak. I like KERAZ's reply though. Bang on, in my opinion.

I've heard it said that "allegory" is an invitation to invent and that is why I stick to taking the Bible seriously, God-breathed (2 Tim 3:16), as opposed to seeing it as a bunch of books written by a bunch of guys about how to generally live a pretty good life. We can allegorize all the Scriptures into whatever we want so be cautious going down that path.

Torture the Scriptures long enough and they'll confess to anything.

Remember, we'll all be on the mezzanine in Heaven looking down at whats happening on the earth. Eventually we find out which one of us was right about Psalm 83.

The Jews were punished in 70-135AD This was their second swing of the Sword. Ezekiel 21:14
    The Third will happen soon and this time the Lord Himself will do it.

The many wars that have happened over the last 2000 years are the result of the First and Second Seals. Revelation 6:1-4 And as predicted, these wars have gotten worse in the past 100 years.

Psalms 83 is a plainly Written description of an attack by the Islamic peoples against the people currently occupying a small portion of the holy Land. It says that the Lord will intervene and wipe them out. Many other prophesies tell us that the Jewish State of Israel will also be gone after the Day the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Isaiah 6:11-13, Zechariah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 12:14, +

Wouldn't it be better to know what the Lord has planned? What people like to think and what the Bible actually prophesies, should not conflict.
    You mention Zech 1:14-18, yes we should correctly understand the current spiritual status of Israel.
    The true restoration of Israel will only occur after the invasion of Israel. The restoration that we see now is in sin, and that sin will get worse, not better.

Joel 2 and Ezekiel 39 describe the repentance of Israel just prior to their final regathering of the exiles and the blessed restoration of Israel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    You mention Zech 1:14-18, yes we should correctly understand the current spiritual status of Israel.
    The true restoration of Israel will only occur after the invasion of Israel. The restoration that we see now is in sin, and that sin will get worse, not better.

Joel 2 and Ezekiel 39 describe the repentance of Israel just prior to their final regathering of the exiles and the blessed restoration of Israel.
    You confuse the fake Israel; the Jewish State, with the true Israel of God.
    Prophecy is clear: it will only be the faithful Christian people who will inherit the holy Land. Ephesians 3:6, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26

You confuse the fake Israel; the Jewish State, with the true Israel of God.
    Prophecy is clear: it will only be the faithful Christian people who will inherit the holy Land. Ephesians 3:6, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:24-26
    I personally believe in two blessed Israels.

Doctrine is clear that we are part of the Jerusalem above, Jew and Gentile alike will be resurrected to be with Jesus forever. Gathered into the clouds to be with the Lord forever.

In addition there are so many prophecies that describe the actual detail of a restored Israel of Jewish exiles brought back from the nations. These Jews are mortal having long and blessed lives, and are allocated tribal territories and an earthly Jerusalem. This cannot be referring to us saved/resurrected believers in the heavenly Jerusalem. There are so many of those type of detailed prophecies about a restored earthly Israel of actual Jewish exiles of the 12 tribes of Israel. Just too many with too much detail to apply that as imagery to our place in the heavenly Jerusalem.

Thread Information