Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Christian

California Christian

Hi
    My user name is DeeDee. I was given that nickname as a child, because my mom and I had the same name.
    She was my hero. She passed away when I was 10 years old. Forty years later, I am livng proof of one thing, names have meaning.
    Although I was too young to know my mom well, I am convinced I inherited so much from her.
    I feel so much of her determination to live for God, no matter the cost, but also the gut wrenching pain of that choice.
    Like my mom, I am far from perfect, but the weight of the verse that says, If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me,Luke 9:23 is ever before me.
    I use to agonize about being ostracized, especially by family.
    I would send friend request to family and they would totally ignore me. It hurt so bad. I did not understand.
    Finally, the Lord let me know it was because of my wanting to please him that I was being rejected.
    Sure enough, in July of this year, I ran into a cousin who had been ignoring me.
    He just walk right up to me and said, "You remind me so much of your mother, she was a God fearing woman."
    I remember her being treated the same way.
    I said all of that to say this, I am here to fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Re: California Christian

Hello DeeDee and welcome to BibleForums!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Hi DeeDee.
    Welcome !

Yep, when one begins to grow in christ-likeness we will face at least obstacles, at most persecution, even from the ones we feel or have felt emotionally close to.

Sorry about the early passing of your mother, I get the impression that she spent a lot of her time praying over your future while she was with you on Earth.

And there is no doubt in my mind that yes, names still do speak toward what impact we will have in our environments.
    Just not as clearly as they have in the past.

God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Hello DeeDee and welcome to BibleForums!
    I can see how you would think that I am boasting, but in my heart I was expressing the pain of rejection I feel. I am truly sorry if I offended you.

Psalm 27:10 says, When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

Psalm 31:12 says, I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am broken like a vessel.

Psalm is by far my favorite book in the bible. Although David messed up big time, he knew how to cry out to the Lord. And it is through those words that I find comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Hi DeeDee.
    Welcome !

Yep, when one begins to grow in christ-likeness we will face at least obstacles, at most persecution, even from the ones we feel or have felt emotionally close to.

Sorry about the early passing of your mother, I get the impression that she spent a lot of her time praying over your future while she was with you on Earth.

And there is no doubt in my mind that yes, names still do speak toward what impact we will have in our environments.
    Just not as clearly as they have in the past.

God bless.
    Thank you so much for your kind words and understanding. After my mother passed away, her sisters found prayer lists with all of our names on it.
    My mom faced similar rejection from her siblings. When I speak to my aunt, she tells me they just weren't willing to hear what my mom was telling them back then.
    I left Facebook, not just because of the ignored friend request, but I would see pictures of my family getting together and wonder why I was not invited.
    I know that they love me, but I understand now that in some cases, having me around would spoil they're fun.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee50 View Post
    I can see how you would think that I am boasting, but in my heart I was expressing the pain of rejection I feel. I am truly sorry if I offended you.

Psalm 27:10 says, When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

Psalm 31:12 says, I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am broken like a vessel.

Psalm is by far my favorite book in the bible. Although David messed up big time, he knew how to cry out to the Lord. And it is through those words that I find comfort.
    DeeDee, mailmandan was not accusing you of boasting.

That verse is his signature. It shows up on every post. See the line separating his welcome and his signature verse? His only comment to you was a welcome.

And let me welcome you here.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Hi DeeDee. Welcome. I tried posting earlier, but accidentally deleted because I wanted to edit something. Anyhow, we too feel your pain as being separated from loved ones because of our love for God. I too am pretty new to the forum, but I have found many interesting thoughts and ideas on Biblical subject matters while looking around. Welcome again.

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post

That verse is his signature. It shows up on every post. See the line separating his welcome and his signature verse? His only comment to you was a welcome.

Thank you for the warm welcome and for clearing up the misunderstanding. I surely did not want to start off by offending anyone. God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Few More Days View Post
    Hi DeeDee. Welcome. I tried posting earlier, but accidentally deleted because I wanted to edit something. Anyhow, we too feel your pain as being separated from loved ones because of our love for God. I too am pretty new to the forum, but I have found many interesting thoughts and ideas on Biblical subject matters while looking around. Welcome again.
    Thank you so much. I too am searching for interesting thoughts and ideas. It will be nice to get a variety of opinions on certain topics. I feel the Lord led me here and I am grateful for that.
    God bless you!

Hi My user name is DeeDee.
    Hi DeeDee, welcome to BFO

Unfortunately, even desiring to lead a godly life in Christ often results in persecutions of various kinds for us .. e.g. 2 Timothy 3:12, and I know how difficult that can be when it comes from family members and those we considered to be our closest friends.

God bless you! (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

--Deuteronomy
    Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
    1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Hello, DeeDee. Welcome to the Bible Forums and I pray that you will find a comfortable place here.
    The Outlaw Bible Student Studies on the Fringe of Christianity

A Different Kind of Christian Website

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteronomy Skaggs View Post
    Hi DeeDee, welcome to BFO

Unfortunately, even desiring to lead a godly life in Christ often results in persecutions of various kinds for us .. e.g. 2 Timothy 3:12, and I know how difficult that can be when it comes from family members and those we considered to be our closest friends.

God bless you! (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

--Deuteronomy
    Thank you for your kind words. Yes, it's difficult. I never saw it coming. God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawBibleStudent View Post
    Hello, DeeDee. Welcome to the Bible Forums and I pray that you will find a comfortable place here.
    Thank you and God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post

Thank you Jayne and you are absolutely correct.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

You did not offend me at all and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. As Jayne already clarified, that verse is my signature that appears in all of my posts and I was not accusing you of boasting.

Thread Information