Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 155

Thread: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    It has to be rebuilt because it is prophesied to be rebuilt. Ezekiel was specifically instructed NOT to describe the temple to Israel if they were disobedient, we have it in the Bible so it was described to them.

    The wording is pretty precise in a prophetic manner, wording like this :

    He said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The people of Israel will never again defile my holy name

    It is as clear as you can get, God is stating what shall definitely occur. Therefore it shall occur. The text isn't 100 % clear whether the temple will be rebuilt in this age, or the Messianic Age, either way it shall be built.
    It was never prophesied to be rebuilt if so could you provide the verse?

    It will not be built because it is heaven which is the only lace God will live with us forever. The Messianic age is not forever

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,612

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    It was never prophesied to be rebuilt if so could you provide the verse?

    It will not be built because it is heaven which is the only lace God will live with us forever. The Messianic age is not forever
    Ezekiel 43:4-7 The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing east. 5 Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple. He said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The people of Israel will never again defile my holy name

    God promises to enter that Ezekiel temple, and dwell among Israel forever.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Ezekiel 43:4-7 The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing east. 5 Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple. He said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The people of Israel will never again defile my holy name

    God promises to enter that Ezekiel temple, and dwell among Israel forever.
    The verse below tie directly to the verse you just quoted it even mentions were the throne and the footrest is Ezekiel's temple is the new heaven

    Acts 7:48-50
    48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
    49
    “‘Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool.
    What kind of house will you build for me?
    says the Lord.
    Or where will my resting place be?
    50
    Has not my hand made all these things?’[l]

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,612

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    The verse below tie directly to the verse you just quoted it even mentions were the throne and the footrest is Ezekiel's temple is the new heaven

    Acts 7:48-50
    48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
    49
    “‘Heaven is my throne,
    and the earth is my footstool.
    What kind of house will you build for me?
    says the Lord.
    Or where will my resting place be?
    50
    Has not my hand made all these things?’[l]
    Exactly God is omnipresent, he cannot be contained by a building, because he is everywhere. God isn't homeless, He does not need a place to stay.

    Nevertheless he does sometimes send his presence into a building, and of course we are the temple of God.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Exactly God is omnipresent, he cannot be contained by a building, because he is everywhere. God isn't homeless, He does not need a place to stay.

    Nevertheless he does sometimes send his presence into a building, and of course we are the temple of God.
    Yes but let the bible interpret the bible Ezekiel said that the Lord will dwell in the temple forever and the bible tells us that only heaven is were the lord will dwell with us forever thus they a one and the same

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,612

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Yes but let the bible interpret the bible Ezekiel said that the Lord will dwell in the temple forever and the bible tells us that only heaven is were the lord will dwell with us forever thus they a one and the same
    We are talking about two different groups here.

    The earthly Jerusalem is where apostate Israel dwells after their repentance , and although God is everywhere, he can especially manifest His presence in certain places. The verse is not saying that the temple will last forever, but is saying that Gods presence will be at that location forever.

    The heavenly Jerusalem is where the believers dwell. In the presence of Lord forever. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive but can occur at the same time.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    We are talking about two different groups here.

    The earthly Jerusalem is where apostate Israel dwells after their repentance , and although God is everywhere, he can especially manifest His presence in certain places. The verse is not saying that the temple will last forever, but is saying that Gods presence will be at that location forever.

    The heavenly Jerusalem is where the believers dwell. In the presence of Lord forever. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive but can occur at the same time.
    But how could God's presence be at that physical location forever when our world flees from God's presence and there is a new heaven and a new earth?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,972

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    Ezekiel's temple vision has come up in another post and I thought I'd start it on its own, no being sure if it has been covered in long past posts. I have no firm notion in the interpretation of his vision, but do have my leanings. I did have a train on thought I'd like to share.

    When the Jews returned to Jerusalem and rebuilt their temple they were well aware of Ezekiel's vision yet made no effort to follow its design. Likewise, when Herod the Great expanded the temple mount and built the Royal Portico, he and his engineers also were aware of Ezekiel's temple, and also made no effort to imitate it.

    What can we draw from this?

    In my view there are three choices.
    1. They viewed it as a utopian vision, symbolic and was never meant as a real structure.
    2. They viewed it as an impossible or impractical structure or did not have the resources to build it.
    3. They felt it was not in their time, but a distant building.

    I cannot determine which of the choices is correct due to a lack of information on their thoughts and motives.
    Good thoughts.
    I choose---- 1)

    The place where God will dwell with us forever is not a building.
    His presence was only in a building because of sin. Now that Atonement has been made, his presence can indwell us personally.

    Only a lack of faith in Gods atonement through Jesus , will the cement trucks start rolling up to undertake the biggest slap in the face and waste of time in history.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,972

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    But how could God's presence be at that physical location forever when our world flees from God's presence and there is a new heaven and a new earth?
    Amen. Rep all your posts today....but must share the love with others first.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    586

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    I believe it is symbolic of the New Jerusalem where the Lord dwells with His people forever. Where the true worshippers worship in Spirit and in truth. Where His Law is written on our hearts.

    Notice the name that is given to the city,
    “...And from that day the name of the city will be ‘The Lord Is There.”
    **Ezekiel‬ *48:35‬ *NLT‬‬

    Isaiah describes it with a new name,
    “...They will call you the City of the Lord, and Zion of the Holy One of Israel.”
    **Isaiah‬ *60:14‬ *NLT‬‬

    The writer of Hebrews states that the New Covenant saints have come to this city,
    “You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai.”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:18‬ *NLT
    “No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering.”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:22‬ *NLT

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Good thoughts.
    I choose---- 1)

    The place where God will dwell with us forever is not a building.
    His presence was only in a building because of sin. Now that Atonement has been made, his presence can indwell us personally.

    Only a lack of faith in Gods atonement through Jesus , will the cement trucks start rolling up to undertake the biggest slap in the face and waste of time in history.

    Brilliant thoughts I have never thought of it that way before I agree

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by RockSolid View Post
    I believe it is symbolic of the New Jerusalem where the Lord dwells with His people forever. Where the true worshippers worship in Spirit and in truth. Where His Law is written on our hearts.

    Notice the name that is given to the city,
    “...And from that day the name of the city will be ‘The Lord Is There.”
    **Ezekiel‬ *48:35‬ *NLT‬‬

    Isaiah describes it with a new name,
    “...They will call you the City of the Lord, and Zion of the Holy One of Israel.”
    **Isaiah‬ *60:14‬ *NLT‬‬

    The writer of Hebrews states that the New Covenant saints have come to this city,
    “You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai.”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:18‬ *NLT
    “No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering.”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:22‬ *NLT
    Well said you have proved a rock solid case

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Pitt Meadows b.c.
    Posts
    5,209
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Amen. Rep all your posts today....but must share the love with others first.
    Ditto ..weeder lol

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ADELAIDE / South Australia
    Posts
    3,972

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Well said you have proved a rock solid case
    I agree . …………………..
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Thames, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

    Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Well said you have proved a rock solid case
    But making the Temple to be a spiritual entity just contradicts much prophecy. That is how it is now, for this Church age, but not forever.
    2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 is indisputable; There has to be a new Temple in Jerusalem.
    The Temple will be rebuilt:
    Zechariah 8:2 Again, the word of the Lord came to me; I am very jealous for Zion, I am burning with jealousy for her. [the Lord will clear His Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, +]
    Zechariah 8:3 This is what the Lord says; I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem, it will be called the City of Faithfulness and the Temple mount will be called the Holy Mountain.

    Zechariah 8:4-5 This is what the Lord Almighty says; Once again old people and children will inhabit the streets of Jerusalem and children will play there.
    Zechariah 8:6 This is what the Lord Almighty says; Even if this may seem impossible to the remnant of this nation, will it be impossible for Me?
    Zechariah 8:7-8 These are the words of the Lord of Hosts; I am about to rescue My people from countries in the East and West and bring them back to live in Jerusalem. They will be My people and I shall be their God, in faithfulness and justice. Not the case at present.
    The Land cleansed, His faithful Christian people gathered and settled in the Land. Back to Jerusalem: the place of origin for our Christian faith.

    Zechariah 8:9 These are the words of the Lord of Hosts; Take heart, all you who now hear that the Temple is to be rebuilt as the prophets foretold. [Zechariah 6:15, Haggai 2:-9, +]
    Zechariah 8:10 Before that time, there was no hiring of man or beast, because of your enemies, for I had set every man against his neighbour.
    Zechariah 8:11 But, I do not feel the same toward the remnant of this people as I did in former days, says the Lord of Hosts. Romans 9:27
    Zechariah 8:12 For they will sow in safety, I will give them rain and the Land will yield it’s produce. This is the inheritance of My people.

    Zech 8:13 To the nations you, House of Judah and House of Israel, have become as a curse; now I shall save you – you will become proverbial as a blessing. Courage, do not lose heart! [His Christian people, Jews and Gentiles, will be an example to the nations]

    Zechariah 8:14-15 These are the words of the Lord; Just as I determined to bring disaster on you when your forefathers [Galatians 3:26-29; by faith.] made Me angry, so I have resolved to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah. Do not be afraid.
    Zechariah 8:16-17 This is what you must do; speak the truth to each other and administer true justice in your courts. Do not plot evil and do not love perjury, for all these I hate. This is the word of the Lord.

    Zechariah 8:19 These are the words of the Lord; Keep the fasts of the 4th, 5th, 7th and 10th months. They will be festivals of joy for Judah. Love truth and peace.
    Zechariah 8:20-22 These are the words of the Lord; In future, nations and peoples will come to Jerusalem to entreat the favour of the Lord.
    Zechariah 8:23 These are the words of the Lord; In those days, 10 people from every nation will take hold of a Jew and say; Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.
    Who is a real Jew? Romans 2:29 makes that clear.

    Ref; REB, NIV, KJV. Some verses abridged.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jan 22nd 2019, 10:51 PM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: Feb 10th 2015, 11:05 PM
  3. Ezekiel's Vision in Chapter One
    By HJVR23 in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 15th 2014, 04:12 AM
  4. Ezekiel 1 A Vision of Living Beings
    By Barry44 in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sep 25th 2010, 10:57 PM
  5. Ezekiel's Vision
    By Stephen1 in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Apr 6th 2009, 07:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •