Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

Ezekiel's Temple Vision

Ezekiel's temple vision has come up in another post and I thought I'd start it on its own, no being sure if it has been covered in long past posts. I have no firm notion in the interpretation of his vision, but do have my leanings. I did have a train on thought I'd like to share.

When the Jews returned to Jerusalem and rebuilt their temple they were well aware of Ezekiel's vision yet made no effort to follow its design. Likewise, when Herod the Great expanded the temple mount and built the Royal Portico, he and his engineers also were aware of Ezekiel's temple, and also made no effort to imitate it.

What can we draw from this?

In my view there are three choices.
    1. They viewed it as a utopian vision, symbolic and was never meant as a real structure.
    2. They viewed it as an impossible or impractical structure or did not have the resources to build it.
    3. They felt it was not in their time, but a distant building.

I cannot determine which of the choices is correct due to a lack of information on their thoughts and motives.

Re: Ezekiel's Temple Vision

It's an interesting and valid question. I agree, there's not enough information.

My guess is that when they returned from the Babylonian exile, they were few in number, and not enough resources.

Then improvements under Herod weren't spiritually/biblically motivated.

I just think Israel has never got around to doing it, due to a lack of national stability and prosperity and unity of purpose. I could be wrong though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFJJ57WUKs

I agree with the lady in the video. If they rebuild Ezekiel temple with some sort of sharing situation, this will most likely usher in the antichrist. He will use the temple to consolidate his power.

But whichever way they go ahead with the rebuilding, the project will be a spiritual abomination until the temple is anointed and sanctified in a future Messianic Age as per Ezekiel 43.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    It's an interesting and valid question. I agree, there's not enough information.

My guess is that when they returned from the Babylonian exile, they were few in number, and not enough resources.

Then improvements under Herod weren't spiritually/biblically motivated.

I just think Israel has never got around to doing it, due to a lack of national stability and prosperity and unity of purpose. I could be wrong though.
    I will agree. As a very brief historical background, once the second temple was destroyed in 70 AD, the Romans had control of the Holy place. They ended up building a pagan temple on the site which sparked the second Revolt. After that time the city was renamed to Aelia Capitolina and Jews were not allowed to live there.

After the Romans came the Christian Byzantine empire which also restricted Jews, and they gave way to the Muslim caliphates from the 600's who dismantled the Roman ruins and built the Dome of the Rock on the site. The Muslims allowed Jewish residency and change the name back to Jerusalem. For about two hundred years from 1097 on the Crusaders from Europe controlled the site but did more vandalism than anything else.

Back in Muslim hands for the next six hundred years until the Jewish war on 1967, but the site remains in under Muslim authority to this day. As far as I understand it.

I agree with the lady in the video. If they rebuild Ezekiel temple with some sort of sharing situation, this will most likely usher in the antichrist. He will use the temple to consolidate his power.

But whichever way they go ahead with the rebuilding, the project will be a spiritual abomination until the temple is anointed and sanctified in a future Messianic Age as per Ezekiel 43.
    I might be wrong, but I believe the temple mount is still under Muslim authority. If so, there is no legal authority to remove the Dome of the Rock or build anything.

Here is the current legal status of the temple mount: The Muslim community of Jerusalem has managed the site as a Waqf, an Islamic religious trust. The Temple Mount is within the Old City, which has been controlled by Israel since 1967. After the Six-Day War, Israel handed administration of the site back to the Waqf under Jordanian custodianship, while maintaining Israeli security control.

Ezekiel's Temple was addressed fairly recently on this site. My own view is that it was a vision, being high an a mountain--a perhaps impractical site for an actual temple. We are told the purpose of the vision was to reprimand and instruct the people of Ezekiel's time, which again does not indicate a real temple building project was in the near future.

So no, I don't think the temple specified in great detail was ever intended to be built. Rather, it addressed the current law and temple design in a unique way, to show how it should've operated, and to some degree, how it will operate in the endtimes.

As we know now, looking back, the temple is not even an actual building, because Christ appeared as the true heavenly temple. And so, Ezekiel's temple was describing spiritual things in the last days, using the language of the then-present covenant. There was no intention to have a physical building built in the far off future in terms of the Old Covenant design.

It is often asked, If this is a purely symbolic vision, or an instruction model, why are we given such detail, and why is its future reality described in such graphic language? I would suggest that any model of past temples utilize great detail, to construct things as they actually were, for the purpose that the original details were given. The walls were designed to separate the common from the holy, and as such, walls were described in great detail.

Now that Christ has broken down the walls of separation for Christians, there is no need for this kind of temple anymore. There will be a future fulfillment, but it will not involve physical walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    I might be wrong, but I believe the temple mount is still under Muslim authority. If so, there is no legal authority to remove the Dome of the Rock or build anything.
    Sure, that's why it's more likely to be by mutual agreement with Islamic leaders. A one world religion type situation. The 3 Torah based religions will try to dominate world religion with the Pope and Caliph supporting a "Messiah/Isa/Jesus" in Jerusalem. Obviously evangelicals will not be happy with the man of sin, after helping them build the temple, probably the reason there will be such violent persecution at the end.

One of the goals of the Turks, especially the cleric Adnan Oktar, is to re-establish the Islamic Caliphate and Ottoman Empire after its WWI wound. This the Eastern Roman Empire (Turkey) is about to become a world empire again. To do this they will give the west a Messiah/"Jesus" /Isa. Obviously giving the west the Jewish Temple in the process.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.harun...ic-world%3famp

Blog Entries

Ezekiel's temple vision has come up in another post and I thought I'd start it on its own, no being sure if it has been covered in long past posts. I have no firm notion in the interpretation of his vision, but do have my leanings. I did have a train on thought I'd like to share.

When the Jews returned to Jerusalem and rebuilt their temple they were well aware of Ezekiel's vision yet made no effort to follow its design. Likewise, when Herod the Great expanded the temple mount and built the Royal Portico, he and his engineers also were aware of Ezekiel's temple, and also made no effort to imitate it.

1. They viewed it as a utopian vision, symbolic and was never meant as a real structure.
    2. They viewed it as an impossible or impractical structure or did not have the resources to build it.

I cannot determine which of the choices is correct due to a lack of information on their thoughts and motives.
    The reason Ezekiel's temple hasn't been rebuilt is because unlike the other two temples God hasn't told anybody to build it.

I also believe that it won't be built in the future because it is a symbolic temple

I haven't watched that video, so I have no clue what all she said in it other that what you provided here. When I read those last 7 or 8 chapters in Ezekiel I'm not getting any impressions from the texts that the AC will be occupying it first. That's assuming this temple actually gets built at some point, which I tend to doubt even that. But if it does get built, I don't think it will have anything to do with a future AC though. But I can see your logic here, not that I agree, but because you're convinced a future temple will be built in order to fulfill 2 Thess 2:4, so why not this one then..

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Ezekiel's Temple was addressed fairly recently on this site. My own view is that it was a vision, being high an a mountain--a perhaps impractical site for an actual temple. We are told the purpose of the vision was to reprimand and instruct the people of Ezekiel's time, which again does not indicate a real temple building project was in the near future.

So no, I don't think the temple specified in great detail was ever intended to be built. Rather, it addressed the current law and temple design in a unique way, to show how it should've operated, and to some degree, how it will operate in the endtimes.

As we know now, looking back, the temple is not even an actual building, because Christ appeared as the true heavenly temple. And so, Ezekiel's temple was describing spiritual things in the last days, using the language of the then-present covenant. There was no intention to have a physical building built in the far off future in terms of the Old Covenant design.

It is often asked, If this is a purely symbolic vision, or an instruction model, why are we given such detail, and why is its future reality described in such graphic language? I would suggest that any model of past temples utilize great detail, to construct things as they actually were, for the purpose that the original details were given. The walls were designed to separate the common from the holy, and as such, walls were described in great detail.

Now that Christ has broken down the walls of separation for Christians, there is no need for this kind of temple anymore. There will be a future fulfillment, but it will not involve physical walls.
    I've been all over the map on Ezekiel's temple vision. It seems unlikely that a temple is in the near future due to my belief that the only party interested in such a project is a small Jewish minority, and they have not had control of the site for 1,949 years -- and still counting.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I haven't watched that video, so I have no clue what all she said in it other that what you provided here. When I read those last 7 or 8 chapters in Ezekiel I'm not getting any impressions from the texts that the AC will be occupying it first. That's assuming this temple actually gets built at some point, which I tend to doubt even that. But if it does get built, I don't think it will have anything to do with a future AC though. But I can see your logic here, not that I agree, but because you're convinced a future temple will be built in order to fulfill 2 Thess 2:4, so why not this one then..
    Yes that's kinda my thinking. Some verses here and there seem to point to a rebuilt temple during the final 3.5 years, not just 2 Thess 2, also Rev 11:1-2. These final 3.5 years are also associated with the man of sin and the abomination. A temple existing during the church age is meaningless when our primary purpose is to make disciples during this age, disciples who are the temple of God. So God does not need a secondary mortar and brick temple to inhabit during this age, his preference is to inhabit people, saved worshippers indwelt with the Holy Spirit. This is why I believe the temple will be an abomination, until sanctified in the Messianic Age.

Yet conditions change during the Messianic Age when mortal Israel misses the rapture and repents for their sin. The building of the temple is not described in Ezekiel 40 to 43, yet it is the indwelling of an existing temple described then, during the sanctification process of apostate Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    The reason Ezekiel's temple hasn't been rebuilt is because unlike the other two temples God hasn't told anybody to build it.

I also believe that it won't be built in the future because it is a symbolic temple
    It has to be rebuilt because it is prophesied to be rebuilt. Ezekiel was specifically instructed NOT to describe the temple to Israel if they were disobedient, we have it in the Bible so it was described to them.

The wording is pretty precise in a prophetic manner, wording like this :

He said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. The people of Israel will never again defile my holy name

It is as clear as you can get, God is stating what shall definitely occur. Therefore it shall occur. The text isn't 100 % clear whether the temple will be rebuilt in this age, or the Messianic Age, either way it shall be built.

Blog Entries

I would say number partial 1 and 3. I believe they understood (as I) that this structure IS the blue print for the HOLY (utopian) future temple when Christ returns and thus forbid to build it beforehand.

However be sure it will be built at a time when those on earth (unbelievers/mark of beast/Jews) believe the second coming has occurred and Christ is before them then the building will commence.

The image of the beast IS the temple built!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    That's assuming this temple actually gets built at some point, which I tend to doubt even that. But if it does get built, I don't think it will have anything to do with a future AC though.
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

Ezekiels temple is this "holy place".

The temple is the image of the beast (false God).

Thread Information