Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617

Thread: The Preterist Gap

Re: The Preterist Gap

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Nothing trumps the Holy Spirit being sent , confirming what Jesus did for us by actually infilling us instead of a brick building. Couldn't be more finished as Jesus blood alone facilitates us being filled with the Spirit of God today.
    As I said, I have no problem with the concept, but you are claiming the infilling of the Holy Spirit fulfills the final 3.5 years of confirmation.

That's a big claim, when the Holy Spirit was in no manner confined to 3.5 years. Regarding timing, it does not fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    As I said, I have no problem with the concept, but you are claiming the infilling of the Holy Spirit fulfills the final 3.5 years of confirmation.

That's a big claim, when the Holy Spirit was in no manner confined to 3.5 years. Regarding timing, it does not fit.

Its not that The Holy Spirit is confined. How can the confirmation of everlasting righteousness and eternal redemption be confined to a period of time.?

70 weeks were given regarding Daniels people and then it is ALSO confirmed to the Gentiles by the receiving of the Holy Spirit as they had been.
    God is patient not wanting any Jew or Gentile to perish , but to fill them till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Its not that The Holy Spirit is confined. How can the confirmation of everlasting righteousness and eternal redemption be confined to a period of time.?

70 weeks were given regarding Daniels people and then it is ALSO confirmed to the Gentiles by the receiving of the Holy Spirit as they had been.
    God is patient not wanting any Jew or Gentile to perish , but to fill them till the end.
    All very true, but I dont see a covenant being confirmed for 7 years in that scenario. So we will have to agree to disagree.

When I read Dan 9:27b I'm looking for a dramatic 3.5 period, when the promise of v25, an anointed one to come is confirmed to Israel for 3.5 years.

That period starts with an abomination and an evil man causing desolation, then 3.5 years later that desolator comes to his end.

At that point, at the end of the desolator, at the end of the 3.5 year period where the anointed one is confirmed to Israel, there is a dramatic victory for Israel. This is described in v24, 490 years are determined to bring in righteousness etc etc

That victory is expressed through their national cleansing, no more national sin in Jerusalem, no need for prophets ever again, Mt Zion anointed with God's presence forever. This can easily be seen fulfilled in the multiple prophecies of Israel's repentance and cleansing at the second coming, ushering in the Messianic Age.

Thread Information