Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melchizedek, the angel of the Lord

Re: Melchizedek, the angel of the Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Melchizedek wasn't/isn't a "man", but a manifestation of God. Like God, He has no descent (father and mother) and lives forever. He is like God the Son (Spirit of life) manifesting on earth as a soul.

If He appeared to Abraham as God the Son, He'd be called a king of joy, king of peace and king of righteousness. Also, He would have been a high priest in the order of Christ. He'd grant liberty to sons of God in the world. Abraham would have been replenished while giving a hundredth of all.

But, in Melchizedek's own order, likened to but not as God the Son, He manifested on earth as a king of peace, as a king of righteousness and as a priest who lives forever to minister to heirs of salvation and good report.

Angels also minster to heirs of salvation, but they are not as priests as Melchizedek was/is.
    No, Melchizedek is just that, "a man" like you and I. He is not Jesus Christ but a type of Jesus Christ. Please read the following which refutes what you say. Btw, let's see you refute what was said here. https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-q...ype-of-christ/

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
    maverick

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    No, Melchizedek is just that, "a man" like you and I. He is not Jesus Christ but a type of Jesus Christ. Please read the following which refutes what you say. Btw, let's see you refute what was said here. https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-q...ype-of-christ/

maverick
    Every man, including Jesus of Nazareth, has a decent.

God has no descent (father and mother) and has neither beginning of days or end of life.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

God has no descent (father and mother) and has neither beginning of days or end of life.
    So you dismiss the Trinity then.... Just say so.

Are you suggesting that Jesus is not God? I am curious.

Thanks,

Mark
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Melchizedek was a mortal man who was a foreshadowing or a type of Christ. Like Jesus, his priesthood was different from God's lineage of Levite priests. But that doesn't make him Jesus.

The book of Hebrews calls him a man. .

His attributes can be described like this:

• "He is without father or mother or genealogy..."= To be a priest under the law, a man had to have a provable genealogy that led back to Aaron, a Levite. Melchizedek, living long before the law had no such pedigree neither from his father nor mother. Melchizedek did not gain this position as king of the city of Salem and priest from a family lineage. Jesus, having two genealogies in the Bible, was from the tribe of Judah.
    • "...having neither beginning of days nor end of life..." = Levitical priests could only serve from the ages of 30 to 50. Melchizedek did not have that limitation. Neither did Christ, but that does not make the two the same person
    • "...but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest forever."

This is plain. Melchizedek resembles Jesus. Not IS Jesus.

Psalm 110 speaks of Jesus and Melchizedek as two separate persons. Jesus being in the ORDER of Melchizedek, again, not IS.

It's interesting to note that some believe that Melchizedek was Shem, Noah's son. Shem outlived Abraham by 30-some-odd years. Of course, this can never be proven.
    ".....it's your nickel"

So your point is that Melchizedek does not have a descent mean he must be Jesus Christ? Just because his descent is not outlined in the Bible still does not mean he is Jesus Christ. What it means that Melchizedek does not have a descent listed is explained in the article here:

We must ask ourselves what does scripture mean by “Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he abides a priest perpetually?” At a first reading it sounds like Melchizedek is not human but deity. But the Greek language helps us unscramble this passage. The Greek word for “made like” is APHOMOIOO. It is a rare Greek word and occurs in the Bible only here in Hebrews 7:3. The word means “to copy or model.” The word was used to refer to a woodcarver who made a piece of wood to look “like” an ordinary animal. The wood was not made into an animal but looked like the animal. In the same way, Melchizedek was not Jesus but he is like Jesus. He is a type or picture of Jesus Christ.

Now, if you reject this explanation then perhaps you can explain my explanation. Melchizedek first appears at Genesis 14:17-20. The angel of the Lord makes his first appearance at Genesis 16:7. And if you continue reading Genesis 16 you will see that Hagar identified the angel of the Lord as God at vs13. You should also keep in mind that the angel of the Lord multiplied Hagar's descendants at vs9.

Going to Genesis 17:1,2 it says, "Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old THE LORD APPEARED TO Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty, Walk before Me and be blameless, vs2, And I will establish My covenant between Me and you, And I will multiply you exceedingly." So tell me glorious, is the angel of the Lord that multiplied Hagar's descendants the same being at Genesis 17:1,2 the same being who multiplied Abrahams descendants?

One more thing to consider? Melchizedek at Genesis 14:18 is described as being the King of Salem. Salem is the old name for the city of Jersusalem so tell me, when was Jesus the literal ruler or King of Salem/Jerusalem? So again, Melchizedek is just a man like all other men. What I find curious is how Jesus Christ is assigned various names or identities by folks that don't know their Bible. (1) He is Melchizedek, (2) He is Michael the arc-angel, (3) He is just that, an actual angel. (4) He is only that, a man like the rest of us that was simply more "annointed" than any of us. In short, people should "THINK?"

maverick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Are you suggesting that Jesus is not God? I am curious.

Thanks,

Mark
    BM, You know Glorious is not meaning such...……..but let me clear your understanding of the Father and the Son of God.

The son of God has a Father which of course is God the Father. Hence the labels Son and Father. But the Son of God has no mother thus in reality the Son's DNA would be 100% of the Father hence the Son's character is as 100% God the Father. So in that sense the Son is God. So in this case with the Son being 100% his Father the Son is still subjective to the Father. The same would be true if you had no mother you would be your Father identically. But your Father was before you for you to be able to come forth from within. So the Son does have a descent per scripture.

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Note not saying God the Father existed before the Son rather the Son came forth "firstborn" from the Father as part of the Godhead.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    BM, You know Glorious is not meaning such...……..but let me clear your understanding of the Father and the Son of God.

The son of God has a Father which of course is God the Father. Hence the labels Son and Father. But the Son of God has no mother thus in reality the Son's DNA would be 100% of the Father hence the Son's character is as 100% God the Father. So in that sense the Son is God. So in this case with the Son being 100% his Father the Son is still subjective to the Father. The same would be true if you had no mother you would be your Father identically. But your Father was before you for you to be able to come forth from within. So the Son does have a descent per scripture.

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Note not saying God the Father existed before the Son rather the Son came forth "firstborn" from the Father as part of the Godhead.
    Don't be so sure.

Thread Information