Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesus will have a son

Jesus will have a son

there is evidence in the bible that Jesus may have a son in the future. Isiah concerning the christ testifies that the will have offspring and revelation 12 prophesies a child who will rule and is taken up to God as an infant to escape satan. and concerning him Jesus says in Revelation that "i will be his God and he will be my son". there are also unfulfilled prophecies in the psalms such as psalm 91. i know most refute such a claim but if u look at some of the things written in Revelation and other passages then it is possible.

Re: Jesus will have a son

Quote Originally Posted by nobleseed View Post
    there is evidence in the bible that Jesus may have a son in the future. Isiah concerning the christ testifies that the will have offspring and revelation 12 prophesies a child who will rule and is taken up to God as an infant to escape satan. and concerning him Jesus says in Revelation that "i will be his God and he will be my son". there are also unfulfilled prophecies in the psalms such as psalm 91. i know most refute such a claim but if u look at some of the things written in Revelation and other passages then it is possible.
    Maybe this will help decide.

In the Bible, ORIGIN is everything.
    • Adam was made a MAN, not an angel, and this is decisive because in setting forth who will rule this earth in the consummation of things, Hebrews 2:5 tells us; "For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak."
    • Noah was spared the flood because "his generations were perfect" (Gen.6:9). That is, it was crucial to God how Noah was "generated". And we are not left to try to understand this because the next verse give his ORIGIN. He was the product of a line of MEN, not the product of angels mating with women (Gen,6:4). You see, once God had prophesied that it would the "seed of the woman" that would crush his head", Satan did all he could to pollute and defile the seed. But Jesus, a Man, was to come forth from Noah so his past had to be perfect and his future generations had to be perfect.
    • For the Jew to inherit Canaan for an "everlasting possession", he must have his ORIGIN in Isaac. God made a Covenant concerning Canaan with Abraham and his seed. But Abraham has multiple seeds. Which one counts for the possession of Canaan? Genesis 21:12 answers; "And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called." Having one's ORIGIN in Isaac makes a Jew special above Ishmael.
    • For Jesus to one day sit on the throne of Israel, He MUST come from David. God made an everlasting Covenant with David that his seed would never be removed from the throne of Israel. So Jesus MUST have His ORIGIN in David. Matthew traces His ORIGIN via Solomon - son of David, and Luke traces His ORIGIN via Nathan - son of David. Jesus has His ORIGIN in Solomon for the legal title of King of the Jews - because Joseph ADOPTED Him, and Jesus has the BLOODLINE to David via Nathan ending in Mary.
    • For Jesus to be a Man, He must have His ORIGIN in a woman (1st Cor.11:8-11). But to avoid having Adam's defiling nature, He must be BORN OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. If Jesus had been born of a man, he would have inherited Adam's sin-nature (Rom.5:12-14). So, for Jesus to be that perfect LAMB His ORIGIN could NOT be Adam. But to be a Man, for only a Man can die for men, His ORIGIN had to be of a man, but via a woman. Thus He became the "Seed of the Woman"

Now, you can see that Jesus CANNOT have a son. It is not that He was not capable of having a son, but the son's ORIGIN would have THWARTED GOD'S PLAN. God's plan is that man be in His image and likeness. To be "like" God, you have to have His nature. And this divine nature is NOT IMPARTED TO MEN VIA THE WOMB. It is imparted to man FROM the Holy Spirit VIA the human spirit (Jn.3:6, 8). The connection that God wanted with men was that they be ONE SPIRIT (1st Cor.6:17). And Paul goes on to say that even to know the Man Jesus is not the goal. He writes in 2nd Corinthians 5:16; "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."

So, while God, and Jesus the Man have the power to do anything, there will never be FLESHLY OFFSPRING from them. All revolves around the Holy Spirit working Himself INTO man's spirit, and there, transforming the man into the image of Christ (2nd Cor.3:18), which is God's purpose (Rom.8:29). God's plan is based on man having his ORIGIN in the womb to be a man for ruling the earth, and having AN-OTHER ORIGIN (or rebirth) IN the Holy Spirit for being in the image of God.

Not possible. One of my arguments against theories like these is very simple. If hardly anybody in the historic Church has believed in a particular interpretation of Scriptures then it is not valid. What that would mean is that the Holy Spirit had something written down that Christians have never even understood. And the Scriptures say that God's words never fail, that they *always* produce the desired effect. Since a particular interpretation does not show up even as a a "blip" in history, it is invalid.

Blog Entries

Brother, not everything in the book of Revelation is in the distant future. Some parts are past - as Jesus speaking to the churches in Asia Minor and some parts can be taken for present day, such as the message to those churches are relevant today.

Much of Revelation is about the future, but part of chapter 12 which you are referring to is not. The woman is Israel or Mary - I won't get into that debate here. The male child "WHO WILL RULE THE NATIONS WITH AN IRON SCEPTOR" is Jesus Christ.

Proof of that is Psalm 2 where the "nations" are conspiring against God and God "laughs" it says and sets up his son, Jesus Christ, to reign over the nations with an iron scepter - "rod of iron".

So Revelation 12 is referencing Psalm 2 which is about Jesus Christ ruling with a rod of iron.

AND Revelation 19 proves, once again, that this is Jesus Christ. It, speaking of Jesus, says that out of the mouth of Christ will come a double edge sword that he will strike the nations down with and that he will rule with a iron scepter.

When Jesus cried, "It is finished", that means that he nor anyone else as anymore work to do to bring about salvation. The holy work is done. Jesus needs do NOTHING else. Having son would be for nothing.

I know you hold to this tightly as I have seen this from you elsewhere, but it just is not so.
    ".....it's your nickel"

in Galileo's time people thought the sun revolved around the earth until he proved otherwise and the church did not except it and even threatened torture till he recanted. in columbus time people thought the earth was flat until he sailed around the earth to the new world. populus opinion is often in error and it usually takes a man of sight to reveal the truth

there is evidence in the bible that Jesus may have a son in the future.
    Why?
    Who will be the bride?
    Are we not the bride?
    God already has the only begotten Son .
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

in Galileo's time people thought the sun revolved around the earth until he proved otherwise and the church did not except it and even threatened torture till he recanted. in columbus time people thought the earth was flat until he sailed around the earth to the new world. populus opinion is often in error and it usually takes a man of sight to reveal the truth
    Your comparing things that already fact but not discovered by man to a theory that has no purpose.

If Jesus had a son that son would have to be God too and would already exist at the cross Jesus said it has finished as in no more was needed

it was Jesus who sowed the seed and became the seed on the cross, his son will reap the harvest as said in revelation 14, one on a cloud with a crown and a sickle, one like the son of man. and yes i am sure the son of Jesus would be divine in nature too

Blog Entries

it was Jesus who sowed the seed and became the seed on the cross, his son will reap the harvest as said in revelation 14, one on a cloud with a crown and a sickle, one like the son of man. and yes i am sure the son of Jesus would be divine in nature too
    What is the purpose isnít Jesus enough?

is Jesus enough, well after Jesus ascension it was the apostles who established the church and spread the gospel, so Jesus can and often does use others to fulfill his purpose. and the job is not finished, there is still sin and death in the world and the crop has not been harvested. the son of Jesus will take care of all these things when he comes and defeat the beast.

Blog Entries

You're going to have to show me where in Revelation 14 and 12 and Psalm 91 that the scriptures say that Jesus has a son. Would you please just do that.

And please tell me what you think of the scriptures that I showed you that connected Revelation 12, 19, and Psalm 2 proving this was Jesus Christ - ruling with the iron scepter.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

is Jesus enough, well after Jesus ascension it was the apostles who established the church and spread the gospel, so Jesus can and often does use others to fulfill his purpose. and the job is not finished, there is still sin and death in the world and the crop has not been harvested. the son of Jesus will take care of all these things when he comes and defeat the beast.
    It wasnít the apostles who did it it was the holy spirt within them as the holy sprit does all of the work

Jesus is enough he paid the price and he establish the church not the apostles as he is the rock the foundation

Even though there is still sin in the world and people to be saved that doesnít mean Jesus wasnít enough he concurred sin and death and fulfilled the law and declared it is finished

What would be the purpose of his son as no one comes to the farther except through Jesus? Jesus is all we need

Yes Jesus is enough, and will take care of the end times himself with the breath of his own mouth and his own appearing.
    It was the power of the coming of the Holy Spirit that established and establishes the spread of the Gospel till he comes.
    The ministry of reconciliation is given to those who believe and are anointed by the Holy Spirit , not a fourth member of the Godhead.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    It wasn’t the apostles who did it it was the holy spirt within them as the holy sprit does all of the work

Jesus is enough he paid the price and he establish the church not the apostles as he is the rock the foundation

Even though there is still sin in the world and people to be saved that doesn’t mean Jesus wasn’t enough he concurred sin and death and fulfilled the law and declared it is finished

What would be the purpose of his son as no one comes to the farther except through Jesus? Jesus is all we need
    Lol . Me thinks we are on the same page ….again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Lol . Me thinks we are on the same page Ö.again
    Almost always LOL

Thread Information