Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

Blog Entries

Re: What are the seven kings of Rev. 17:10?

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I'm not a Preterist. I believe, as I indicated, that the future reality of Antichrist was preceded by the historic Roman Empire, as it proceeded through 7 kings. These kingdoms were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Kingdom of Antichrist (modern Europe). Antichrist is himself the "8th king." Antichrist and his Kingdom are "yet to come."
    10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

So if the 7th head continues a short space then you say there is a gap of thousands of years between the 7th and then the 8th coming up from the pit? That of course makes no logical sense. The 8th would have to follow the 7th after the short space.

Not to mention we are taking about 7 kings not kingdoms.. These 7 kings are of one kingdom whom the dragon is in control. These 7 kings compose not of all kingdoms but the last kingdom on earth, the 4th kingdom

Blog Entries

…………………...…...……...…..

Quote Originally Posted by Adonijah View Post
    Thanks for this, of course I disagree and I will show you why, Caesar Nero comes from the fourth kingdom (of the image of Nebuchadnezzar) while the beast person is not, he comes up in not from the fourth kingdom in the end of the age. Also Caesar Nero was a Roman, the beast is not, just see what Scripture says of it.

First lets establish where the beast-kingdom is. Dan. 7:7 says "it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it". The word translated "before" occurs for the first time in Gen. 2:8 and is there translated "eastward", "the east". See also Gen. 3:24 "the east", 10:30 "the east", 11:2 "the east", 13:11 "east" and 25:6". Therefore all 4 will exist in some form simultaneously, eastward of it. Since Scripture is mostly Israel centered what was before, or in front of, the Israelite was to the east. The temple was orientated to the east, see Exo. 27:13, see also Num. 2. Also from Eze. 47:1 "...for the front of the house faced toward the east".

Second, the beast-man or antichrist will come up as a despised one, who was given no royal dignity, he will come in silence and will get the kingdom through flattery, Dan. 11:2. That kingdom is not yet the dominion over the fourth animal, because the Beast does not come from the fourth kingdom, but in it.

The "Little horn" - who is the beast or antichrist - makes himself great against the east, so doesn't come from an eastern kingdom, he also does so to the south, so doesn't come from a southern kingdom so he can come from the west the direction of Greece or from the north, the present Turkish kingdom. So it is not Caesar Nero for sure, for he never got the kingdom through flattery and never plucked out three other kings to get a hold of the fourth kingdom. This never happened with Nero, he became Caesar of the Roman empire at once.

So the fourth beast of the Revelation isn't the fourth of Nebuchadnezzar's dream which was the Roman empire, the feet of iron and clay are the fifth, yet in the future to arise kingdom. So in the future we see the following occur in the world around Israel:

1. The first animal is a lion: a future Babylonian kingdom.
    2. The second animal is a bear: a future Medo-Persian kingdom.
    3. The third animal is a leopard: a future Greek kingdom.
    4. The fourth animal is unnamed: That will probably be a Pan-European monster kingdom in which all the so called Christian States of Europe are united, not just Western Europe.

Please note that Daniel says the image will be grinded, not just the feet: Dan. 2:45 "Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold"

1. st Kingdom: The Babylonian kingdom revives and has one head.
    2. nd Kingdom: The Medo-Persian kingdom revives and has one head.
    3. rd Kingdom: The Greek-Madeconian kingdom revives and has 4 heads. Egypt, Syria, Greece and a kingdom in small Asia, of which present-day Turkey is possible the beginning.
    4. th Kingdom: The Roman Empire revives and has one head.
    5. th The Ten-Toe-Kingdom has 10 horns. Together 7 heads and 10 horns.

Of course these kingdoms don't revive to the exact size and composition of the old ones, but they will revive.

Of the beast-man it is said in Rev. 17, he had a deadly wound, it never says he was truly dead, does it? It also nowhere says he will be dead for 2000 or more years and then be resurrected, by whom? Satan? All Satan can do is destroy, he can not even resurrect a dead cockroach. We know from our Lord the resurrection will be at the end of the current age and only those who believe in the Lord will rise John 11:25, the beast doesn't believe in the Lord, he is His enemy, Gen. 3:15.

Then the name/number of the beast will be "666", it nowhere in Scripture says, the title and name of the beast are "666" and your using "kaiser nero" which therefore isn't correct. Rev. 13:18 says "...for it is the number of a man...", so a name, not a title. If this were so, those living in those days would have to wait for him to get a certain position and then calculate his number.

Then you say "He was the worst killer of Christians. He has much of their blood on his hands". How much blood is that? According to human history the Christians in Rome were "at the time a fairly small sect." * The history by the Roman Catholic church made much more christian victims, just think about the inquisition, you can read about it here **, that's why many believed the RC was the antichrist.

* Source https://livescience.com
    ** Source https://www.history.com/
    You are entitled to it, but you never addressed one of my arguments. You have only given yours, and most had little on nothing to with seven kings of Revelation 17:10. Revelation 17:10 shows seven kings who die. It is the EIGHTH who verse 11 says, "... was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition." Since the SIXTH "IS" as John writes, the others must be of the same for they all rule the Whore on SEVEN HILLS - that is, CAESARS! And the Beast who is ONE of the FIVE who have died, is also the EIGHTH. There is no "NEW" Beast. He is a CAESAR who ruled before John wrote Chapter 17 of Revelation, AND BELONGS TO THE GROUP WHO PRESENTLY RULE ROME, AND WILL BE THE EIGHTH. It is not left up to any student of the Bible to surmise who he is. He is limited to one of five CAESARS who ruled before John wrote this.

Go to the history books or Websites and choose a CAESAR that ruled before John wrote Revelation. And you will know his Name because some calculation of his NAME will give six-hundred-sixty-six. Revelation 13:17 says that six-hundred-sixty-six is, "... the number of his name.". Now all that is left to do is NOT to interpret the Bible PRIVATELY (2nd Pet.1:20). So you have again ONE OPTION. Interpret the NAME using the Bible. And there is only one NAME of a CAESAR that WAS ONE OF FIVE, IS NOT, AND WILL BE THE EIGHTH, that pops up using the numerical value of both Hebrew and Greek letters - CAESAR NERO.

You may deny the use of Gematria but then you are faced with multiple problems:
    • You interpret PRIVATELY
    • You interpret OUTSIDE of scripture
    • You have to FORCE your calculation to mean the NAME of ONE OF THE PREVIOUS FIVE CAESARS to the one ruling as John wrote
    • You still overthrow your argument that the Beast will be somebody new
    • You still make him a ROMAN
    • If you do not chose one of the last five DEAD Caesars to John, you overthrow the plain language of scripture
    • You still must NAME the Beast as God's Word says that is is calculable. Revelation 13:18 says; "Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast ... ." OR ... you must admit that you have no "understanding".

I suggest that if you show each of my arguments to be wrong, you will have won HALF the battle. Then, all that is left for you to do is, "with understanding", "COUNT" the NAME by coming to a sum of six-hundred-sixty-six.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

So if the 7th head continues a short space then you say there is a gap of thousands of years between the 7th and then the 8th coming up from the pit? That of course makes no logical sense. The 8th would have to follow the 7th after the short space.

Not to mention we are taking about 7 kings not kingdoms.. These 7 kings are of one kingdom whom the dragon is in control. These 7 kings compose not of all kingdoms but the last kingdom on earth, the 4th kingdom
    Again, my interpretation is based on the fact Dan 7 is the foundation of this prophecy. There are 10 kings, and the Antichrist arises in their midst. 3 of the 10 are put down by Antichrist so that he assumes power over 7 kings and 10 kingdoms.

John points out that the 7 heads and 10 horns are involved in the rise of the Antichristian Kingdom. And he adds that the 7 heads also symbolically represent 2 things: 1) they represent the 7 hills, seemingly, of Rome, and 2) they represent 7 historical kingdoms, leading up to the 7th Kingom--the Antichristian Kingdom--and to the 8th king--the Antichrist--who will reign over that Kingdom.

And that Kingdom will last only a "short time" because Daniel indicated it will only last for a short 3.5 years. I have no idea where you get your interpretation from? I get mine from Dan 7.

The Book of Revelation threads are always awesome! Had to say that!

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    You are entitled to it, but you never addressed one of my arguments. You have only given yours, and most had little on nothing to with seven kings of Revelation 17:10. Revelation 17:10 shows seven kings who die. It is the EIGHTH who verse 11 says, "... was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition." Since the SIXTH "IS" as John writes, the others must be of the same for they all rule the Whore on SEVEN HILLS - that is, CAESARS! And the Beast who is ONE of the FIVE who have died, is also the EIGHTH. There is no "NEW" Beast. He is a CAESAR who ruled before John wrote Chapter 17 of Revelation, AND BELONGS TO THE GROUP WHO PRESENTLY RULE ROME, AND WILL BE THE EIGHTH. It is not left up to any student of the Bible to surmise who he is. He is limited to one of five CAESARS who ruled before John wrote this.
    First it says nowhere those seven kings die, does it? Only that they fell, or in other words lose their kingship. Only of the beast it is said he had a deadly wound, not even that he died.

Second, you seem to make the Revelation a history book, while it is a prophecy written probably ± 90 AD and it says in v. 1 of chapter one "...to shew unto his servants things which must shortly (speedily) come to pass...", and 1:3 which says "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy", not history.

Go to the history books or Websites and choose a CAESAR that ruled before John wrote Revelation. And you will know his Name because some calculation of his NAME will give six-hundred-sixty-six. Revelation 13:17 says that six-hundred-sixty-six is, "... the number of his name.". Now all that is left to do is NOT to interpret the Bible PRIVATELY (2nd Pet.1:20). So you have again ONE OPTION. Interpret the NAME using the Bible. And there is only one NAME of a CAESAR that WAS ONE OF FIVE, IS NOT, AND WILL BE THE EIGHTH, that pops up using the numerical value of both Hebrew and Greek letters - CAESAR NERO.
    Which is completely irrelevant, because Revelation is a prophecy.

You may deny the use of Gematria but then you are faced with multiple problems:
    • You interpret PRIVATELY
    • You interpret OUTSIDE of scripture
    • You have to FORCE your calculation to mean the NAME of ONE OF THE PREVIOUS FIVE CAESARS to the one ruling as John wrote
    • You still overthrow your argument that the Beast will be somebody new
    • You still make him a ROMAN
    • If you do not chose one of the last five DEAD Caesars to John, you overthrow the plain language of scripture
    • You still must NAME the Beast as God's Word says that is is calculable. Revelation 13:18 says; "Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast ... ." OR ... you must admit that you have no "understanding".

I suggest that if you show each of my arguments to be wrong, you will have won HALF the battle. Then, all that is left for you to do is, "with understanding", "COUNT" the NAME by coming to a sum of six-hundred-sixty-six.
    1. And yours isn't a private interpretation? Can you show me any interpretation that isn't private? You are pointing to 2 Pet. 1:20 which is used many times to discourage Bible students or to silence opposition, but does it say that? The Greek word used is "epilusis" which only occurs here but the verb "epiluo" twice, once in Mark. 4:34 (expounded) and Acts 19:39 (determined). The next verse explains how we should read v. 20 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost", so the word interpretation in v. 20 actually means "unfold" or "come about". So v. 20 basically says "that no prophecy of the scripture is of any human origin".

2. I did not interpreted outside of Scripture, I interpreted outside of your interpretation.

3. I do not have to force anything, I just have to wait till the antichrist is there to determine it is him, and I don't make Revelation a history book.

4. I did not overthrow any argument, I showed you something different.

5. You apparently didn't read my previous post seriously, I said Scripture shows he is coming either from the Greek kingdom or the Turkish kingdom, specifically not the Roman.

6. The seven are just consecutive kings, it never says they die, the fell as kings.

7. I do not have to name the beast, this will only be possible when the Revelation is unfolding, as to yet it is still prophecy, thanks for telling me not to understand. The name of the beast can not be counted now, because we do not live in the days of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
    The Book of Revelation threads are always awesome! Had to say that!
    I appreciate your consistently-positive tone!

Quote Originally Posted by Adonijah View Post
    First it says nowhere those seven kings die, does it? Only that they fell, or in other words lose their kingship. Only of the beast it is said he had a deadly wound, not even that he died.

Second, you seem to make the Revelation a history book, while it is a prophecy written probably ± 90 AD and it says in v. 1 of chapter one "...to shew unto his servants things which must shortly (speedily) come to pass...", and 1:3 which says "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy", not history.

Which is completely irrelevant, because Revelation is a prophecy.

1. And yours isn't a private interpretation? Can you show me any interpretation that isn't private? You are pointing to 2 Pet. 1:20 which is used many times to discourage Bible students or to silence opposition, but does it say that? The Greek word used is "epilusis" which only occurs here but the verb "epiluo" twice, once in Mark. 4:34 (expounded) and Acts 19:39 (determined). The next verse explains how we should read v. 20 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost", so the word interpretation in v. 20 actually means "unfold" or "come about". So v. 20 basically says "that no prophecy of the scripture is of any human origin".

2. I did not interpreted outside of Scripture, I interpreted outside of your interpretation.

3. I do not have to force anything, I just have to wait till the antichrist is there to determine it is him, and I don't make Revelation a history book.

4. I did not overthrow any argument, I showed you something different.

5. You apparently didn't read my previous post seriously, I said Scripture shows he is coming either from the Greek kingdom or the Turkish kingdom, specifically not the Roman.

6. The seven are just consecutive kings, it never says they die, the fell as kings.

7. I do not have to name the beast, this will only be possible when the Revelation is unfolding, as to yet it is still prophecy, thanks for telling me not to understand. The name of the beast can not be counted now, because we do not live in the days of the beast.
    O.K. I hear you. Thanks for the exchange. Go well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Again, my interpretation is based on the fact Dan 7 is the foundation of this prophecy.

I have no idea where you get your interpretation from? I get mine from Dan 7.
    Me too!!!

The problem with your interpretation (and your in the majority) is that the four beasts in Dan 7 are NOT the same 4 kingdoms in Dan 2. The four beasts in Dan 7 are not past kingdoms but are the future 4th kingdom!!!!

We see this 4th kingdom in Rev 13. Are you saying rev 13 is Past?

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Me too!!!

The problem with your interpretation (and your in the majority) is that the four beasts in Dan 7 are NOT the same 4 kingdoms in Dan 2. The four beasts in Dan 7 are not past kingdoms but are the future 4th kingdom!!!!

We see this 4th kingdom in Rev 13. Are you saying rev 13 is Past?

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    Well, I disagree--I think the 4 kingdoms in Dan 2 are the same 4 kingdoms in Dan 7. And there is good reason to think so. That's why so many students of prophecy believe this--I'm hardly the odd one out here!

The 4th Kingdom is ancient Rome, which indeed is in the past. But Daniel indicates this Kingdom would manage to survive until the end of the age.

I've gone through this before, and I'm sure others have too. Rome in the West fell in 476 AD. But that wasn't the end of Rome.

Hardly! The barbarians assumed control over Rome until the Holy Roman Empire emerged and joined forces with it.

In the East, the Byzantine Empire continued to represent the Roman Empire in Constantinople, a "2nd Rome." Though Constantinople fell in 1453 AD, the power in the East shifted northward to the Slavs. Ultimately, Moscow claimed to be a "3rd Rome," with the Csar being named after "Caesar." It was the Roman imperial title.

What all of these entities represented was the Roman tradition and its tradition of empire. We have empires in Europe all the way up until the Soviet Union and the 3rd Reich.

It is for this reason that I believe the Roman Empire was not just past, but continues until the present. And I believe out of Europe will emerge the 10 nation, 7 king confederation of the Antichrist.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    Look carefully, Revelation 17 describes and gives us a glimpse of what Babylon will be like. Using prophetic language, it describes a woman who rejects God with her whole being:

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Revelation 17:4-5).

The woman that rides the Beast has all the identifying features of who is this entity. In the Bible, a woman represents a church:
    Revelation 17 is not about Babylon, its about The Harlot, Rev. 18 is about Babylon. The Harlot Woman {False Religion} RIDES The Beast {False Governance}. We are given this understanding in Rev. 17 via Daniel ch. 5. The Mene, Mene, Tekel chapter. Babylon is just one of Four Descriptors here, yet you run with the Babylon angel here, when its just not so. Scarlet and Purple are not just Assoc. with the RCC {first mistake the RCC finger pointers make} but with Piousness and Royalty throughout history because the colors were very expensive, thus exclusive. The Jewish High Priest/Religious Orders of Priest had Breastplates of Purple thread. The colors are assoc. with Religion and Government. That goes right over peoples heads. The Harlot {False Religions} RIDES the Beast {False Governance of mankind under Satan}. No matter how people try to frame it, it is not nor can be the RCC. It can be the Mormons AND the SDA's AND Islam AND Buddhism AND Witchcraft...........but not getting that its ALL FALSE RELIGION falls on you guys.

That is why verse 18 says the Woman you SAW {Harlot} is THAT CITY {Babylon the great} Because it is world renowned for its False Religions. The Horoscope even came from Babylon. You are getting a Painted Picture of who she is, it comes right out of Daniel ch. 5. Babylon FELL because she defiled Gods Cups of the Temple. Mene, Mene, Tekel, your Kingdom has been taken from you.

Daniel 5:1 Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand. 2 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein. 3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. 6 Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, [Babylon has Fallen] means the same thing as THY Kingdom has been taken from you.

The Harlot or serving of False gods via False Religion was why Babylon Fell. These False Religions are represented by the Harlot, the False Governments are represented by the Beast or Statue of Gold, Silver etc.

God doesn't see Jesus Church as a Harlot man, He sees False Religion has Harlotry.

Keep on peddling that, it doesn't match, NOR CAN IT MATCH.

Gods not going to Judge Islam and all False Religions, come on man.

The solution to the seven kings is time sentitive. When the passage was written five had fallen, the sixth was, and the seventh was yet to come. These are kings, not empires. Empires are symbolized by beasts.
    These kings are part of the beast, or serve the beast, or sping from the beast. It is a dynasty of seven kings at the time of the tribulation and wrath. Since John said one was in power at his time, then this is ancient history.

Hobie,

The false marriage of Rev 17.

"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Revelation 17:4-5).

Yes what we see in Rev 17 is a marriage between a woman and a husband. Look how this woman in Rev 17 resembles another woman dressed with gold, precious stones and pearls!!!.

Rev 21
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21
    18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

Rev 21
    19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones.

Rev21
    21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls:

Now we can go into further detail on both woman on a high mountain, both dressed in purple and scarlet linens (from the worshippers) both having a king dressed in scarlet (Christ in red vesture rev 19) both having names written in foreheads.....on and on.

So can it be possible that the woman in Rev 12 is the same woman in Rev 17 but commits fornication and marries the wrong spouse. In God's jealousy she too is burned with fire but made anew and in Rev 21 we then see the proper union? If they are not the same woman (though I think they are) the one in Rev 17 is an exact replication. Note the woman in Rev 17 is NOT a false religion, Islam or betraying any other than woman than a heavenly woman whom the beast is using (abusing) to deceive the world. So this union between woman and beast (false lamb) in Rev 17 will appear as the real marriage of the lamb.
    Now if you look in the New Testament, the term "woman" is used as a symbol for a church. Paul writes the church at Corinth, "Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly; and indeed you do bear with me. For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ (2 Corinthians 11:1-2)." Clearly, the true church is here described as "betrothed" to Jesus Christ (in the position of an engaged woman to her fiancé who is Jesus Christ).

Now look at Acts 7:37-38

37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Then in Revelation 12:1-5, we read the account of the "woman"—this time ancient Israel, the "church in the wilderness" being used by God to bring forth the Messiah, "a male child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron."

It then in verse 5 tells the story about "the woman"—now after Christ ascended we see the true church—fleeing into the wilderness to "a place prepared by God." This is for the time, and times, and half a time or 1260 years of the Dark Ages, and as you read through the verses after that, its even more evident that this "woman" is, in fact, the true church that is protected by God Himself from the wrath of Satan.

So when we come to the "woman" of Revelation 17, it should be very obvious that (letting the Bible interpret its own symbols) this woman is indeed a church. However, this church, "sitting on a scarlet beast" is full of fornication which affects the "inhabitants of the earth" and truly a spiritual "harlot."

Revelation 17

1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
    2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Revelation 17 is not about Babylon, its about The Harlot, Rev. 18 is about Babylon. The Harlot Woman {False Religion} RIDES The Beast {False Governance}. We are given this understanding in Rev. 17 via Daniel ch. 5. The Mene, Mene, Tekel chapter. Babylon is just one of Four Descriptors here, yet you run with the Babylon angel here, when its just not so. Scarlet and Purple are not just Assoc. with the RCC {first mistake the RCC finger pointers make} but with Piousness and Royalty throughout history because the colors were very expensive, thus exclusive. The Jewish High Priest/Religious Orders of Priest had Breastplates of Purple thread. The colors are assoc. with Religion and Government. That goes right over peoples heads. The Harlot {False Religions} RIDES the Beast {False Governance of mankind under Satan}. No matter how people try to frame it, it is not nor can be the RCC. It can be the Mormons AND the SDA's AND Islam AND Buddhism AND Witchcraft...........but not getting that its ALL FALSE RELIGION falls on you guys.

That is why verse 18 says the Woman you SAW {Harlot} is THAT CITY {Babylon the great} Because it is world renowned for its False Religions. The Horoscope even came from Babylon. You are getting a Painted Picture of who she is, it comes right out of Daniel ch. 5. Babylon FELL because she defiled Gods Cups of the Temple. Mene, Mene, Tekel, your Kingdom has been taken from you.

Daniel 5:1 Belshazzar the king made a great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand. 2 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might drink therein. 3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God which was at Jerusalem; and the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, drank in them.4 They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.

5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote. 6 Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, [Babylon has Fallen] means the same thing as THY Kingdom has been taken from you.

The Harlot or serving of False gods via False Religion was why Babylon Fell. These False Religions are represented by the Harlot, the False Governments are represented by the Beast or Statue of Gold, Silver etc.

God doesn't see Jesus Church as a Harlot man, He sees False Religion has Harlotry.

Keep on peddling that, it doesn't match, NOR CAN IT MATCH.

Gods not going to Judge Islam and all False Religions, come on man.
    You are on the right track. The first beast of Revelation 13 comes from the sea and in verse 3 the beast seems to receive a mortal wound, but it is then healed:

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast (Revelation 13:3).

This is how the BBE version renders the text:

And I saw one of his heads as if it had been given a death-wound; and his death-wound was made well: and all the earth was wondering at the beast.

And the NIV translates it like this:

One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

The wound appears to be a mortal wound and yet it comes back.

If you look, this would last for 'time, and times, and half a time' or as we see the prophetic 1260 years of the Dark Ages. Papal supremacy of the Middle Ages ended in the year 1798, exactly 1260 years after Justinian’s decree established the Papacy as the supreme Christian power in 538 AD. In 1798, Napoleon’s army took the Pope captive and put him into exile.

It was really believed that the era of papal power had come to an end forever. However, the prophecy says, “And his deadly wound was healed and all the world wondered after the beast” (Revelation 13:3).

Since the Papacy had apparently lost its temporal or political status after the Pope's capture in 1798, it was, for all intents and purposes, dead. And yet it came back and regained its political status, and now is ready to become the eight which was one of the seven.

Revelation 17:11

Here is a good explanation...
    "The Deadly Wound of Revelation 13:3

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
    Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
    Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Even before the Reformation, students of Bible prophecy had long identified the papal power as the antichrist, and the beast from the sea of Revelation 13. So the following verse, in conjunction with verse three above, prophesied something of great interest to the diligent student of some 200 years ago:

Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

The 42 two months end with imprisonment and death:

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

This predicted a limited reign of the papacy, which would be inflicted with a deadly wound, almost to death, after a period of 42 months of rule. This 42 months of prophetic time can be shown from scripture to be an actual period of 1260 years. "
    http://biblelight.net/h-wound.htm

Thread Information