Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415
Results 211 to 219 of 219

Thread: called to Postrib?

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    18,435

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    but essentially the day they expect a rapture to happen is correct, it will actually happen that day.
    You lost me there since midtrib isn't post trib. What exactly are you meaning?

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,635
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    You lost me there since midtrib isn't post trib. What exactly are you meaning?
    Just what I said, The rapture happens on the same day in both mid and post trib. The only difference is that there is no more trib left and Christ's second coming happens....but that still means the day of the rapture happens the same day in both doctrines as long as the GT starts the same day according to both.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    18,435

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    We covered this a few months ago. The 42 months is in the 2nd woe trump which is 6th trump. Rev 11 says after the 6th is over the 7th sounds quickly proving the two prophets die and resurrect during the end of the 2nd woe/42 months period.


    I remember us discussing that and that at the time I agreed you were likely correct. But since one is free to change their mind about something, I'm no longer certain I was correct to agree with you about that. Why can't the 2nd woe simply cover 7 years, and when the 2W die, it's at the end of the 7 years? That still puts the 7th trumpet where it belongs. The only thing the text tells us is that it is after they finish their testimony, they are then eventually killed by the beast. That can mean days after, weeks after, or even years after, it would still be after they finished their testimony no matter how you look at it. If there wasn't ch 13 to consider, there would be no reason to even think there could be another 3.5 years. Plus, if the entire 70th week is at the end, why would Revelation only be focusing on half of it rather than all of it?

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    18,435

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Just what I said, The rapture happens on the same day in both mid and post trib. The only difference is that there is no more trib left and Christ's second coming happens....but that still means the day of the rapture happens the same day in both doctrines as long as the GT starts the same day according to both.
    I'm still not following you. Midtrib believes the rapture happens in the middle of the 70th week. Postrib believes the rapture happens at the end of the 70th week. Meaning in regards to those who agree the 70th week is at the end of the age. Not all agree it is, but as to the ones who do, midtrib would have the rapture occurring 3.5 years earlier than post trib, thus why I'm not on the same page you, you lost me here.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,635
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    The only thing the text tells us is that it is after they finish their testimony, they are then eventually killed by the beast.
    No, not eventually but as soon as the testimony is done. That is like God no longer protecting Job.

    Rev 11:7* And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.*
    Rev 11:8* And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.*
    Rev 11:9* And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.*
    Rev 11:10* And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.*
    Rev 11:11* And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.*
    Rev 11:12* And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.*
    Rev 11:13* And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.*
    Rev 11:14* The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.*

    They are killed and resurrect during the 42 month reign because that beast kills them. It is also the 2nd woe. They can't be killed years later because the beast only has 3.5 years total and they rise to life the last day the beast has. I don't see the 7th trump sounds, Jesus returning and then just waiting years before defeating the two beasts and putting in the LOF.

    That can mean days after, weeks after, or even years after, it would still be after they finished their testimony no matter how you look at it. If there wasn't ch 13 to consider, there would be no reason to even think there could be another 3.5 years. Plus, if the entire 70th week is at the end, why would Revelation only be focusing on half of it rather than all of it?
    The 7 years GT was changed to a 3.5 year GT so that would make the focus on a shorter time length, the last half of a week. The first half of that week once was also the GT but now it isn't.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,635
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    I'm still not following you. Midtrib believes the rapture happens in the middle of the 70th week. Postrib believes the rapture happens at the end of the 70th week. Meaning in regards to those who agree the 70th week is at the end of the age. Not all agree it is, but as to the ones who do, midtrib would have the rapture occurring 3.5 years earlier than post trib, thus why I'm not on the same page you, you lost me here.
    Let me put it this way, the day that the GT starts, will mid trib and post trib both agree that it started at that time? If so, the rapture is 3.5 years later and both doctrines would be saying it would happen at that time. The only dif is post trib knows it is only going to last 3.5 years/42 months but mid trib will think there is another 3.5 years/42 months after the rapture.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Coastal Mountains
    Posts
    8,801

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Very few are going to be upset at that, not that I think animal sacrifice is said to start again but if it did the world for the most part wouldn't care. The world barely cares about innocent people being slaughtered let alone animals.
    I disagree, we will have to wait and see how it unfolds because I cannot prove this to you. But prophetically if the temple rebuild is the abomination, then within 30 days the antichrist will reign.
    The abomination occurs 1290 days before the end, the antichrist 1260 days before the end. We will have 30 days warning.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Outside of the box. Where else?
    Posts
    18,435

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    The only dif is post trib knows it is only going to last 3.5 years/42 months but mid trib will think there is another 3.5 years/42 months after the rapture.
    Which then makes my point I have been making all along, midtrib is basically pretrib in disguise. Because if there is another 3.5 years after the rapture, which is clearly referring to the GT, that means midtrib has the rapture occurring pretrib and not midtrib nor post trib. Midtrib would be in the middle of the 3.5 years. Not in the middle of the 7 years, because even though there is this 7 years at the end of time, only the last 3.5 years of it is meaning the GT. The first half does not even involve the GT. So midtrib is based on the misunderstanding that the GT is 7 years in length. So midtrib is not even a logical position if it has the rapture occurring before the GT even begins, then calling that midtrib.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,635
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: called to Postrib?

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Which then makes my point I have been making all along, midtrib is basically pretrib in disguise.
    I can't see why you think that.

    GT starts, no rapture happened so pre-trib is wrong.
    GT starts and 3.5 years later Christ returns and the rapture happens. No further trib is possible so mid trib is wrong.
    GT starts and 3.5 years later Christ returns and the rapture happens. No further trib happens because it's over, post trib is correct.

    The only matching details is post and mid trib have the rapture at the same time, as long as both doctrines agree when the GT begins. ie: the rapture occurs 3.5 years/42 months after the GT begins.


    So midtrib is not even a logical position if it has the rapture occurring before the GT even begins, then calling that midtrib.
    They don't believe a rapture can happen before the GT begins.

    Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Which then makes my point I have been making all along, midtrib is basically pretrib in disguise.
    I can't see why you think that.

    GT starts, no rapture happened so pre-trib is wrong.
    GT starts and 3.5 years later Christ returns and the rapture happens. No further trib is possible so mid trib is wrong.
    GT starts and 3.5 years later Christ returns and the rapture happens. No further trib happens because it's over, post trib is correct.

    The only matching details is post and mid trib have the rapture at the same time, as long as both doctrines agree when the GT begins. ie: the rapture occurs 3.5 years/42 months after the GT begins.


    So midtrib is not even a logical position if it has the rapture occurring before the GT even begins, then calling that midtrib.
    They don't believe a rapture can happen before the GT begins.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dan 7 is the source of Postrib
    By randyk in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: Apr 28th 2017, 01:20 AM
  2. walter martin's postrib position
    By randyk in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: Mar 3rd 2017, 07:24 AM
  3. postrib vs pretrib
    By randyk in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: Mar 17th 2016, 03:28 PM
  4. Many Are Called?
    By Firstfruits in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Mar 31st 2014, 03:10 PM
  5. Discussion Called By My Name?
    By Firstfruits in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Mar 16th 2011, 09:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •