Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The False Prophet

Re: The False Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    There is only one of course. The 7 heads and 10 horns are part of Satan's government, not a part of the world's government. They are kings in his government him being the phony king of kings.
    Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

So which kings in satan's government, who are not a part of the world's government according to you, are meaning the 5 that have already fallen, the one that is, and the other that is not yet come?

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    It's just a preview of what he plans to create on the Earth. We see this fulfillment in the beast from the sea.
    Maybe that explains it, yet I I'm not certain it does.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Since this topic is connected to the 7 headed beast, let's consider the following then.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
    12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

So how many 7 headed beasts with 10 horns are there? Just 1? Or more than 1, such as 2?

If the latter, that being 2 distinct 7 headed beasts, and if on the beast depicted in Rev 17:9-13, the 7 heads are 7 mountains, and that the 10 horns are 10 kings, and that the 7 headed beast in Revelation 12:3 is an entirely different beast altogether, satan in this case, what then should we make of his 7 heads and 10 horns? Should we think that is meaning in the literal sense? And if no, and that they are not meaning these same 7 mountains, nor these same 10 kings in Rev 17:9-13, what are they meaning then?
    Just to clarify, there is just one ten horn Roman kingdom, but 3 demons are connected to it.

Firstly there's Satan, the dragon.
    In Rev 13:2 he gives the end times demon/ beast from the bottomless pit, power and authority over the ten horn kingdom.
    Yet there is an ancient demon king/ beast, in Daniel 7 that had power and authority over Rome, right from Greek times until the second coming.

Satan is in ultimate control, the Roman beast controls a large region of EU/Turkey, but an ancient Syrian/Israel based beast will rise up at the end. Satan and the Roman beast will give the Syrian/Israel based beast vast control in the region for the final 3.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Just to clarify, there is just one ten horn Roman kingdom, but 3 demons are connected to it.

Firstly there's Satan, the dragon.
    In Rev 13:2 he gives the end times demon/ beast from the bottomless pit, power and authority over the ten horn kingdom.
    Yet there is an ancient demon king/ beast, in Daniel 7 that had power and authority over Rome, right from Greek times until the second coming.

Satan is in ultimate control, the Roman beast controls a large region of EU/Turkey, but an ancient Syrian/Israel based beast will rise up at the end. Satan and the Roman beast will give the Syrian/Israel based beast vast control in the region for the final 3.5 years.
    So why does the dragon have seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads? I can make sense of what you say in regards to the beast that rises out of the sea, but I don't see any of that explaining why satan, at the time of Christ's birth, is depicted as having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads?

So why does the dragon have seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads? I can make sense of what you say in regards to the beast that rises out of the sea, but I don't see any of that explaining why satan, at the time of Christ's birth, is depicted as having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads?
    It's a good question. I'm not too sure of the answer, because the ten horns are an end times expression of the 7th/8th kingdoms. I can only assume the 7 heads and ten horns represent Satan's challenge to God's kingdom through the ages, using the 7 worldly kingdoms, and then the final ten horned kingdom.

It is through these worldly kingdoms that Satan tries to devour God's people, using Egypt/Assyria/Babylon/Persia and Greece.
    Then under Rome, Herod tries to destroy Jesus. Pilate instructs the Roman soldiers to execute him by crucifixion. Then Rome slaughters Jews at 70 AD. Nero and other emperors persecute Christians, Roman Popes persecute Christians. Finally manifesting in the ten horned Rome beheading Christians in that region until there's virtually no Christians left in the Middle East outside of Jerusalem itself (the 2 witnesses are kept safe there in Jerusalem for 1260 days ). So the dragon/Satan has the symbols of worldly kingdoms through the ages, trying to devour Jews, Jesus and God's people, trying to devour the woman Israel, and warring against her offspring the church, especially during the future ten horns.

Blog Entries

Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

So which kings in satan's government, who are not a part of the world's government according to you, are meaning the 5 that have already fallen, the one that is, and the other that is not yet come?
    The 7 heads.

Lion is head #1
    Bear #2
    Leopard notice he has 4 heads #3 #4 #5

The 4th beast would be head #7
    The little horn arising is head #8/8th king (second beast Rev 13)

The lion, bear, leopard will lose power to the 4th beast, so the five fallen are bolded the one is in red.

Now I had posted previously that the 4 kingdoms in Dan 7 are not the same in Dan 2. The four in Dan 7 occur when the third kingdom Grecia breaks into four parts. Many promote incorrectly the 7 heads are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon ectÖ however neither the first two are mentioned and that if you did take the four in chapter 2 and 7 the same, the four in Dan 7 already has 7 heads which means there would have to be 9 kingdoms.

The three subdued are the lion, bear, leopard and the 5 heads which fall and another leading to the 4th beast take over the kingdom. These beasts in Dan 7 are one kingdom which shall arise from the pit. The first four seals show them all on earth together, Rev 13 shows the 4th beast taking control over the others.

Now an important comparison is to look into God's kingdom.

Rev 5
    6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

So in Satan's government we see seven heads which then are seven spirits of Satan sent forth to all the world. We see these seven in God's kingdom rule over his followers likewise the same in Satan's. ie the 7 churches of each.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    It's a good question. I'm not too sure of the answer, because the ten horns are an end times expression of the 7th/8th kingdoms. I can only assume the 7 heads and ten horns represent Satan's challenge to God's kingdom through the ages, using the 7 worldly kingdoms, and then the final ten horned kingdom.

It is through these worldly kingdoms that Satan tries to devour God's people, using Egypt/Assyria/Babylon/Persia and Greece.
    Then under Rome, Herod tries to destroy Jesus. Pilate instructs the Roman soldiers to execute him by crucifixion. Then Rome slaughters Jews at 70 AD. Nero and other emperors persecute Christians, Roman Popes persecute Christians. Finally manifesting in the ten horned Rome beheading Christians in that region until there's virtually no Christians left in the Middle East outside of Jerusalem itself (the 2 witnesses are kept safe there in Jerusalem for 1260 days ). So the dragon/Satan has the symbols of worldly kingdoms through the ages, trying to devour Jews, Jesus and God's people, trying to devour the woman Israel, and warring against her offspring the church, especially during the future ten horns.
    Ok so you and many others think the 7 heads are Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, MP, Greece, Rome, Last kingdom (revived Rome?). So follow this logic....

So I will assume though I don't agree that the four kingdoms in Dan 2 speak of the same in Dan 7. So we would have the seven heads as such .....

1. Egypt
    2. Assyria
    3. Babylon - Lion
    4. MP - Bear
    5. Greece - Leopard
    6. Rome - Beast
    7. revived Rome - Little horn

The problem is the Lion, Bear, Leopard, Beast are 7 heads in of themselves as the leopards has four heads. Thus in the most common interpretation there are actually more than 7 heads and thus needs to be discredited.

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

1. Egypt
    2. Assyria
    3. Babylon - Lion
    4. MP - Bear
    5,6,7,8, Greece - Leopard
    9. Rome - Beast
    10. revived Rome - Little horn

The seven heads are contained within the Lion (1), bear (2), Leopard (3,4,5,6), Beast (7) the little horn would be the 8th. Thus the seven heads would not include Egypt nor Assyria.

Blog Entries

The 4th beast would be head #7
    ?? How? The 4th beast has 7 heads. The beast is not a head. The heads are mountains. I wish people would stick to what the verses actually say.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

?? How? The 4th beast has 7 heads. The beast is not a head. The heads are mountains. I wish people would stick to what the verses actually say.
    Nowhere does it say the 4th beast has 7 heads but it has 10 horns. Read again.

The dragon has both 7 heads (4 beasts) and 10 horns.

Blog Entries

I didn't know you were speaking strictly of Daniels 4th beast since you are speaking of the beast being a 7th head which comes from Rev so I naturally brought up the heads mentioned there.

Either way, the beast is not a head nor a 7th head. That beast has a head with ten horns, and the final info we have on that beast is in Rev and it will have 7 heads.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

I didn't know you were speaking strictly of Daniels 4th beast since you are speaking of the beast being a 7th head which comes from Rev so I naturally brought up the heads mentioned there.

Either way, the beast is not a head nor a 7th head. That beast has a head with ten horns, and the final info we have on that beast is in Rev and it will have 7 heads.
    And the fact Dan 7:20 shows that the 4th beast by itself only consists of 1 head rather than 7, but that in Rev 13 it consists of 7 heads, how can the other 6 heads not be explained via the 3 beasts we see rising at the beginning of Dan 7, where there are 6 heads total among them? If we are told the 1 like unto a leopard has 4 heads, that should mean the other 2 beasts only have 1 head each, otherwise the text would have indicated they had 2 heads, or 3 heads, etc, like it indicated of the one like a leopard.

Then when the 4th beast shows up rising up from the sea in Rev 13, it is now a 7 headed beast rather than a 1 headed beast when we saw mention of it in Dan 7:20. And look at verse 2 in Rev 13. Every animal mentioned in Dan 7, in regards to the first 3 beasts, they are all mentioned in regards to the 7 headed beast that rises up from the sea. And speaking of rising up from the sea, in Dan 7 they are seen rising up from the sea as four great beasts, diverse one from another. In Rev 13 though, only one beast is seen rising up from the sea, and that it has 7 heads.

So what I'm thinking then, Ross and I are somewhat on the same page about some of this, because I, too, am seeing some of the things he seems to be seeing.

In Dan 7 it doesn't, but in Rev 13 it does. In Dan 7 these 4 beasts that rise out of the sea consist of 7 heads total, but not on the same beast though. In Rev 13 all 7 heads are on the same beast that rises up from the sea.

Blog Entries

And the fact Dan 7:20 shows that the 4th beast by itself only consists of 1 head rather than 7, but than in Rev 13 it consists of 7 heads, how can the other 6 heads not be explained via the 3 beasts we see rising at the beginning of Dan 7, where there are 6 heads total among them? If we are told the 1 like unto a leopard has 4 heads, that should mean the other 2 beasts only have 1 head each, otherwise the text would have indicated they had 2 heads, or 3 heads, etc, like it indicated of the one like a leopard.

Then when the 4th beast shows up rising up from the sea in Rev 13, it is now a 7 headed beast rather than a 1 headed beast when we saw mention of it in Dan 7:20. And look at verse 2 in Rev 13. Every animal mentioned in Dan 7, in regards to the first 3 beasts, they are all mentioned in regards to the 7 headed beast that rises up from the sea. And speaking of rising up from the sea, in Dan 7 they are seen rising up from the sea as four great beasts, diverse one from another. In Rev 13 though, only one beast is seen rising up from the sea, and that it has 7 heads.
    Yeah, All of Daniels beasts add up to 7 heads but in Rev only one beast has 7 heads. It's another difference like Daniel says 3 of 10 horns are plucked up but in Rev no such thing happens.

It's another difference like Daniel says 3 of 10 horns are plucked up but in Rev no such thing happens.
    This is the part that puzzles me the most. There are 3 beasts in Dan 7, other than the 4th beast. But it can't be meaning those three since the text makes it clear it's connected with the horns on the 4th beast. I don't know what to make of that part, because it should mean there are only 7 horns remaining of the 10 horns, yet nowhere in Dan 7, nor in Revelation, does it ever mention 7 horns.

The three subdued are the lion, bear, leopard and the 5 heads which fall and another leading to the 4th beast take over the kingdom.
    But how can it meaning them though? Those are heads not horns. The horns are only on the head of the 4th beast, that according to Dan 7:20.

Thread Information