View Poll Results: Which of these characters are found in the Olivet Discourse?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • THE Antichrist

3 60.00%
  • THE beast

3 60.00%
  • THE false prophet

3 60.00%
  • THE man of sin

3 60.00%
  • None of the above

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's in, who's out (of the Olivet Discourse)?

Who's in, who's out (of the Olivet Discourse)?

Some of the titles may be interchangeable, which of those characters do you identify any of these characters in the Olivet Discourse:
    A.THE antichrist?
    B. THE beast?
    C. THE false prophet?
    D. THE man of sin?
    E. None of the above?

If you choose E, why are they not?

Be Blessed
    The PuP

Blog Entries

Re: Who's in, who's out (of the Olivet Discourse)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesachpup View Post
    Some of the titles may be interchangeable, which of those characters do you identify any of these characters in the Olivet Discourse:
    A.THE antichrist?
    B. THE beast?
    C. THE false prophet?
    D. THE man of sin?
    E. None of the above?

Be Blessed
    The PuP
    I chose the beast as in Rome

A.THE antichrist?
    B. THE beast?
    C. THE false prophet?
    D. THE man of sin?
    E. None of the above?

Be Blessed
    The PuP
    For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders

A, C, D the antichrist is the man of sin and false prophets support his rise to power.

Messiah means an "anointed one", a false Messiah being any leader that Jews claim is an "anointed one" before the second coming.

If some Prophet claims someone is an "anointed one" like Cyrus, we must be careful to watch that person's behavior, Is he mature and moral, truly anointed by God. And the Olivet Discourse also has the antichrist in mind, the final and ultimate false "anointed one" will rule for 3.5 years.

False prophets are anyone who says this person or that person is the "anointed one" to make Israel great. When the Roman Vatican and Istanbul Caliphate unite as one voice to support the antichrist in Jerusalem, I believe this is the 2 horns of the second beast of Rev 13 (the false prophet beast)

A.THE antichrist?
    B. THE beast?
    C. THE false prophet?
    D. THE man of sin?
    E. None of the above?

Be Blessed
    The PuP
    None are in BEFORE verse 15, the Man of Sin IS the Beast and the Anti-Christ. The FP places the AoD and both he and the A.C. are seen in verse 24.

Matt. 24:1-14 is the Church Age Period or at least Jesus' time on earth AND the Church Age period. Nothing more.

Note to all:
    I am interested in where any of the characters are specifically pointed out in the text, by scriptural reference. I am not really interested in parlaying your eschatology derived elsewhere in scriptures, [that can be brought in], but i want to know how you specifically see that personage within the text of the discourse. Thanks!

Be Blessed
    The PuP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    I chose the beast as in Rome
    Luke 21:20
    20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    The FP places the AoD and both he and the A.C. are seen in verse 24.

How do you know it is the fp that does that? What other Scriptures prove that it is the fp who places this?

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Luke 21:20
    20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.
    If Rome is the beast, and is meaning during the time of the 70 AD events, that appears to ignore the following in Rev 17 that I have underlined below.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
    12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast

I seems to me, everything I have underlined is meaning post a time what I don't have underlined. Except for the seven kings part, didn't mean that as well. So meaning everything right of what I don't have underlined in verse 10.

Note to all:
    I am interested in where any of the characters are specifically pointed out in the text, by scriptural reference. I am not really interested in parlaying your eschatology derived elsewhere in scriptures, [that can be brought in], but i want to know how you specifically see that personage within the text of the discourse. Thanks!

Be Blessed
    The PuP
    I'll do my best to stay within the parameters of your request.

Briefly (and, btw, I did not participate in the poll), I believe the "AC/man of sin/[first]beast['mouth'/individual-person-aspect of the two aspects of this 'beast' (governmental aspect/individual person aspect)]" is found in [what is shown to be] the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" of/found-within Jesus' description of "the beginning of birth PANGS [PLURAL]"... the INITIAL BP being found in Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "G5100 - tis - 'A CERTAIN ONE'" (bringing DECEPTION!) [ALL of the "BPs" FOLLOWING our Rapture/The Departure). This Matt24:4/Mk13:5 "individual person" (at the START of the BPs [which PARALLEL the SEALS]) is parallel with OTHER passages showing SAME [same SEQUENCE/CHRONOLOGY, etc]

That's just for starters...

A.THE antichrist?
    B. THE beast?
    C. THE false prophet?
    D. THE man of sin?
    E. None of the above?

Be Blessed
    The PuP
    All are mentioned in Matthew 24

The AC, FP, and man of sin; are all one in the same (verse 15).
    The Beast is referenced in (verse 9).

Matthew 24:
    9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders

...so verse Matt24:4/Mk13:5 says [can be legitimately translated], "[…] Take heed, lest A CERTAIN ONE [G5100] deceive you [proleptic 'you,' plural]"

[attempted to EDIT *in time*…]

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    But do you believe that "THE xxxx xxxxxx" (the 4 choices) is specifically pointed to in the text?

Be Blessed
    The PuP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    If Rome is the beast, and is meaning during the time of the 70 AD events, that appears to ignore the following in Rev 17 that I have underlined below.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
    11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
    12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
    13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast

I seems to me, everything I have underlined is meaning post a time what I don't have underlined. Except for the seven kings part, didn't mean that as well. So meaning everything right of what I don't have underlined in verse 10.
    I see the beast as a demon influencing Rome and its leaders

Seven king were the first seven Cesars Nero was at the time and galba came next for a short time

The 10 horns I see as 10 demonic kings like in Daniel who give their nations to the beast to make an empire that empire then destroyed Babylon the great (Jerusalem) for Gods purpose

Thread Information