Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server down?

If you want a really neat FTP application, you need FileZilla. IMO, it's a bazillion times better than all the rest put together.

It's free and you can get it here
    Time's up

Re: Server down?

Since this topic is linked to from Webnet77 help I can't really be guilty of necroposting.

Just as an FYI, I find myself becoming blocked while working in, say, the WordPress admin panel (non-posting activity) or while experimenting with something like Drupal--things that probably have several interactions with the server within a relatively short amount of time. I found myself predictably locked out while trying to set up something complex like Tiki Wiki (and had at first feared I'd crashed the server or something, until I realized what was really happening). Since it's pretty painless (so far) to unblock myself my real concern is that this might be an indication that something is not quite right somewhere.

Re: Server down?

a 2005 thread ... yup "necroposting" is an apt term

There is a modsecurity rule that causes this - it happens only (it seems, as you say) in Joomla and Wordpress Control panels. If I remember correctly it has to do with the admin user where in a POST or GET to the server it has something like "1=1" and one of the rules in modsecurity objects to that.

Two fixes:

1. create another admin user and never use the first one
    2. We can turn off that specific rule for your website.

..."necroposting" that got me
    Time's up

Thread Information