View Poll Results: Do you believe God created us through evolution?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 6.86%
  • No

81 79.41%
  • I don't know

5 4.90%
  • I don't care how God created us

9 8.82%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe God created us through evolution?

Blog Entries

Do you believe God created us through evolution?

I am wanting to get an idea on here about this...how many Christians believe God used evolution to create us and why...what influenced you to believe this? School, the media, reading the science fourm on here...your own studies. And have you studied the refutes against evolution or are you just taking their word this is right?

When I first joined this board in 2002 sometime later ONE member on here said he believed through evolution God created us...and that was all. No one else did. Now I am seeing more and more Christians believing this and I would like to know how many and why. thanks.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    I personally don't care. Does an actual answer to this effect my walk with Jesus, or effect my salvation.... No. Then I don't care.

However, I am interested in other answers to see what other thoughts are about this topic.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

I voted no and personally I sincerely hope not.

Blog Entries
    NOPE! Don't even slightly believe that.

Although I do have to add...I have seen some people who look like their great-grandmammy just might have been some kind of monkey... Hmmm...

And one of my daughter's school teachers had a noticible BANANA NOSE!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Blog Entries
    No, the Bible is clear on how God created us. And as a Christian, if someone can't believe the first two chapters of the Bible, how can they even begin to claim to believe the rest???
    Mommy to Brooke, Braden and Bristol

No, I believe what the Bible tells us.
    In 5th grade (public school) I remember reading a book on evolution and having to do a book report on it.
    And then went on to say I did not believe what the book said and wrote the Bible's version of the events.
    Since I was an extremely shy child I still am amazed I did that. The teacher took it okay.
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind,
    that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. - Romans 12:2

I'm happy to see this poll had the 'I don't care option', having the wisdom to see beyond the petty and largely useless 'evolution vs not' debate and consider what is actually important. Has anyone actually ever been converted by this argument?, has it ever enriched any brother or sister's walk with Christ? And how many people has it driven a wedge between? Don't miss the forest for the trees.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NHL Fever View Post
    I'm happy to see this poll had the 'I don't care option', having the wisdom to see beyond the petty and largely useless 'evolution vs not' debate and consider what is actually important. Has anyone actually ever been converted by this argument?, has it ever enriched any brother or sister's walk with Christ? And how many people has it driven a wedge between? Don't miss the forest for the trees.
    Well I hate to say it but if you look around the bible and science fourm you will find Christians on there constantly arguing FOR evolution...saying this is how God did it....and yea, it does cause division...and the atheist love it...they want us to see ourselves as nothing more then animals...
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    I voted no. In my opinion evolution has nothing to do with God's creation. God created us without any help from anyone or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skc53 View Post
    I voted no. In my opinion evolution has nothing to do with God's creation. God created us without any help from anyone or anything.

VERY well put!!!! That is my exact belief. We are created IN HIS IMAGE so why would He need to have us evolve from what Adam and EVE were?

Like my daughter tells me -- If it aint in the Bible then it didnt happen. And no where does it say anthing about evolution......so that all I need to know.
    "I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
    -- (Psalm 18:1-2)

"Those who wait on the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk ant not be weary" -- (Isaiah 40:31)

Nope. I am a young earth creationist and that's not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by NHL Fever View Post
    It matters to me as it is a matter of trusting in God or trusting in man.

Blog Entries
    Off hand I can think of at least four members on here, Christians, that do believe this is how God created us...I would like to hear from them....there is one vote on this is how God created us through evolution...so some either aren't seeing this poll or too shy to vote.

I voted "I don't know" because, quite frankly, I don't.

I am not evolution "friendly" I guess you would say, but there is ALOT of evidence that *seems* to contradict a literal 7 day creation. I also do not believe that a literal 7-day creation is required by the text. The whole "what else has mornings and evenings" argument is silly to me. If a 'day' can be a metaphor, so can 'mornings and evenings'.

To be quite honest, I don't really trust what experts or scientists tell me. Its not because I distrust science, I love science, but because I am only 26 years old and I have seen science change its stance on things so much, usually in light of new evidence. Also, NOTHING in this world is without bias, and how can I even trust I am getting the scientist's report accurately? By the time it gets to me, its been through the media, who have no expertise in the field. When they report it, alot of times, it can get reported wrong. And then there is all of this misinformation floating around. This happens so much its unbelieveable.

So, the very best I can say right now, is that in light of current scientific understanding, the earth *seems* alot older then 6k years. However, someone could discover something tomorrow that changes everything, so thats about as far as I am willing to take it.

Fortuneately, this answer has no bearing on salvation, although it would be nice to know.

Brandon
    Check out my band Lab Rat Warfare on myspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouds & Spikes View Post
    I also do not believe that a literal 7-day creation is required by the text. The whole "what else has mornings and evenings" argument is silly to me. If a 'day' can be a metaphor, so can 'mornings and evenings'.
    Exodus 20:11 confirms a literal 6 day Creation:

For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Thread Information