Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pat Robertson's predictions

Pat Robertson's predictions

Sorry, but this guy is a charlatan <sp> and a total false prophet. No, on second thoought, I'm not sorry. I shouldn't be sorry for it's not my fault that he's a fraud.

He has recently made more "predictions" for 2007, including a terrorist attack on America that will kill millions. He claims that God told him these things will happen. Yest when he "prophesizes" he never says "Thus says the Lord" or anything to that effect. Funny that the biblical predictions have been right 100% of the time, yet Pat Robertson... Well, I'll let him speak for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Robertson from the below link
    "I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240841,00.html
    My body is a temple and my tattoos are the stained glass.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
    ./|___..__|
    |/__/|.|_/
    ...the BIG
    .....|.|_|
    .....|/_/

Then we are secure - there will not be a terrorist attack. He said 2006 would be the worst year ever for the US and hurricanes...maybe he was referring to the Miami Hurricanes, because the US coast did not get hit by a major hurricane all year.
    "How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?" - Phillip Yancey

"He was not at all like the psychologist's picture of the integrated, balanced, adjusted, happily married, employed, popular citizen. You can't really be very well 'adjusted' to your world if it says you 'have a devil' and ends by nailing you up naked to a stake of wood." - C.S. Lewis

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    To me he's just shooting in the dark with a sawed off scatter gun. He'll have a few hit's because if he throws out enough "guesstimations" as statistics go something will come true
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

And vague too. I predict that a bad thing will happen to someone somewhere sometime, maybe.

You can take away my worldly things, you can take away my life. There's one thing you can't touch.... MY FAITH IN GOD

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
    ./|___..__|
    |/__/|.|_/
    ...the BIG
    .....|.|_|
    .....|/_/

Are you doing for the Lord what Pat Robertson has done? Thinking you're hearing from God-and being mistaken is not sinful. Now if he did say, "thus says the Lord" then you'ld have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTlilODD View Post
    And vague too. I predict that a bad thing will happen to someone somewhere sometime, maybe.

BigT, you forgot to say that God told you about your prediction, so your prediction can't be true.
    In Christ Love

BCF

2 Peter 1:20-21:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Search and believe the Scripture, before you believe anything man tells you.

What would be the difference I wonder in knowing what Pat has said will happen and not knowing it? Got me.

Quote Originally Posted by godsgirl View Post
    Are you doing for the Lord what Pat Robertson has done? Thinking you're hearing from God-and being mistaken is not sinful. Now if he did say, "thus says the Lord" then you'ld have a point.
    No, I can't say that I have done for the Lord what Pat Robertson has done for the Lord, but then again I don't know if I would ever won't to. All I ever hear Pat Robertson doing is complaining about people, and what they are doing. Last time I looked in the scripture of what Jesus told us to do as disciples of His, was to go out and teach His Word to the World. I do not see anywhere in scripture where Jesus told us to go out and complain to the World of the things that they are doing.

I don't think that God's plan for us to go out and give the good news of the Gospel to the lost, included complaining about why the lost were doing what they were doing. Until Mr. Robertson starts showing some Love in the fruit which he bares, according to what Our Lord tells us in His Word Mr. Robertson is nothing but a clanging cymbal. And if Mr. Robertson is a clanging cymbal to Our Lord, then whatever it is that he thinks he is doing for Our Lord is done in vain.
    In Christ Love

BCF

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation. For prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."

Blog Entries
    It's self serving on Pat Robinson's part. Had their been a major hurricaine, he'd take the credit for saying so. It would turn into he's right, and many others were wrong because he does leave out 'thus saith the Lord' stuff. Turns into 'thus saith Pat'. It keeps people hanging on his words, and not The Word.
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
    Not second or third, but first.
    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
    when He is the source of all hope,
    when His love is received and freely given,
    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
    will all other things be added unto to you.

Quote Originally Posted by threebigrocks View Post
    It's self serving on Pat Robinson's part. Had their been a major hurricaine, he'd take the credit for saying so. It would turn into he's right, and many others were wrong because he does leave out 'thus saith the Lord' stuff. Turns into 'thus saith Pat'. It keeps people hanging on his words, and not The Word.

Your right. The more things that he can say he predicted happened, the more viewers he gets. And the more viewers he gets, the higher his ratings go. And the higher his ratings go the more money he can tell people to send him, and the richer he becomes. If you ask me it's all about business with him. He gets no pleasure out of doing anything for Our Lord.

I know that sounds kind of harsh, but I call them the way I see them. When we read the scripture Jesus did the same thing.
    In Christ Love

BCF

I think you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. What do you think Gods opinion is of the things you've said about one of His children? You've made yourself judge and jury.

Quote Originally Posted by godsgirl View Post
    I think you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves. What do you think Gods opinion is of the things you've said about one of His children? You've made yourself judge and jury.

Read Deuteronomy 18 (I believe this is the passage) that deals with false prophets. Even Pat admits to getting it wrong a few times. The problem with Pat is he intentionally leaves it vague as if it came from God or not that way if it's wrong, he can say, "Well, I guess I misunderstood what God was saying."
    "How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rogers or Captain Kangaroo?" - Phillip Yancey

"He was not at all like the psychologist's picture of the integrated, balanced, adjusted, happily married, employed, popular citizen. You can't really be very well 'adjusted' to your world if it says you 'have a devil' and ends by nailing you up naked to a stake of wood." - C.S. Lewis

Centurionoflight Guest
    From the story:
    Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

"I put these things out with humility," he said.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."
    Pat is human, even worse he sees him self as a evengelist type.
    So put him before a group of people or a camera; he will try to impress them.

I think he should stop with the "God told him" stuff and focus more on;

His view of current events as seen thru what he has learned thru scripture leads him to the conclusions he is saying.
    Terrorist attacks; Will occur again {Especally in light of how we are doing politically correct based security}

Israel; Jews are under attack by forces of satan; the further Christians stray from God and into "funday" legalism. The closer we move to pushing away Isreal as a friend and ally.
    He also should not put in exact dates, that frankly is grand standing.

Should Pat Robertson be spouting off so much about this stuff when it's not coming true? Probably not.

However, I think a good portion on this site really go overboard with the false prophet nonsense. He has never claimed to be a prophet of God that I know of, and he's never guaranteed anything that I know of either. Some people on this site really have no clue what the true biblical character of a false prophet is. The man is trying to step out in faith. He's obviously not doing it correctly in some areas, but at least he's attempting to step out in faith. That is more than you can say for a good portion of today's church.

Today's church has replaced discernment of spirits with fear and unbelief. We are calling every misguided christian on the planet false prophets simply because of fear of the supernatural and the misguided christians misuse of it, and the ones who are really putting forth the bad fruit are glorified as God's great preachers by the masses. If there ever was a great apostasy from the true faith . . . it is happening now, and it isn't from people like Robertson. Is he incorrect and misguided in some areas . . . sure!

But you know what? It's time to step down off the self-righteous high-horse because I guarantee that everyone on this site has some areas in their Christian walk that is misguided as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCF View Post
    BigT, you forgot to say that God told you about your prediction, so your prediction can't be true.
    I left that out on purpose. That way I don't have to answer for that! I have enough things on my plate, from the past. LOL!!!!!

www.eviltoddlers.com

..._______
    ./|___..__|
    |/__/|.|_/
    ...the BIG
    .....|.|_|
    .....|/_/

Thread Information